It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar-shape UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Are cigar shaped UFOs as common as the gegular 'disc' UFO sightings? Also does anyone have any theories about them or anything of such?

I ask because a relative has seen a cigar shaped UFO (allegedly) years back, and after doing a search I found that there was one of those mutilation/strange burns type incidents happened in my area - a man was found dead with all strange burns and stuff on his chest, and a cigar shaped UFO had been seen by people in the area too.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Cigar shaped UFOs are common, but not nearly as common as disk or triangular shaped craft. Around 4th or 5th most common.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I read somewhere that cigar shaped UFO�s are supposed to be Mother Ships, from which the small saucer shaped came from.

Just a theory

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Last month someone had a link to the database of sightings sorted on the different craft.

It was in a thread about triangle UFO's, but I can't find it right now.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well, I often get strange looks from people when I tell this story, but anyway...

I have seen, along with other witnesses (friends of mine) a large dark, almost black, cigar shaped object drop two much smaller metallic looking objects, in 1988. The smaller metallic objects translated around the sky at seemingly instantaneous speeds, and left spiral patterns in the clouds. The cigar shaped object was, I would guess, at an altitude of at least 20,000ft.

Potentially alot of people should have witnessed this, since it was in broad daylight.

I had read later that the cigar shaped object, if very large, is a mothership that transports smaller saucer shaped craft. The smaller saucers photographed, and witnessed by people, do not travel interstellar distances.

It looked very similar to the motherships that George Adamski photographed, although much darker and more defined points at each end. George Adamski is meant to be a fraud though, so I don't really know what to think.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by electric
end. George Adamski is meant to be a fraud though...

Why are you so sure?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Why are you so sure?

I've just heard alot of people saying his photos are obvious fakes. If he faked the photos then that doesn't do much justice for his story.

I haven't had a chance to reexamine Adamski's photos since 1989, when I read "Flying saucers have landed". There doesn't seem to be many Adamski pics floating around the web.

Also, I read somewhere that Adamski wrote an article, as a journalist, about UFO's before his encounters started happening. This type of stuff makes me really suspicious. Credibility in UFO and abduction stories all comes down to motives. If money or pushing religious beliefs is a clear motive, then I don't believe the stories to be highly credible.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by electric

Why are you so sure?

I've just heard alot of people saying his photos are obvious fakes. If he faked the photos then that doesn't do much justice for his story.

I haven't had a chance to reexamine Adamski's photos since 1989, when I read "Flying saucers have landed". There doesn't seem to be many Adamski pics floating around the web.

Also, I read somewhere that Adamski wrote an article, as a journalist, about UFO's before his encounters started happening. This type of stuff makes me really suspicious. Credibility in UFO and abduction stories all comes down to motives. If money or pushing religious beliefs is a clear motive, then I don't believe the stories to be highly credible.

I didn�t mean I believe that Adamski�s case is real. I justed wanted to know if you have evidence that it is fake. I have been trying to find any of his pictures, but, as you said, there are not much in the web.

BTW, have you noticed the similarity between Adamski�s UFOs and the (supposedly built, I�ve only seen pics of the blueprints) Nazi Saucers, specially the Haunebu II model)

Any theories?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

BTW, have you noticed the similarity between Adamski�s UFOs and the (supposedly built, I�ve only seen pics of the blueprints) Nazi Saucers, specially the Haunebu II model)

Any theories?

I've seen the Nazi saucer photos and the technical drawings with Adamski like craft. My theory is that they're all faked
Notice the orientation of the craft are always identical in each photo. You can also upsample those pictures as zoom into to see that the objects were copy and pasted in.

There are legit Nazi saucers although, as far as I've heard, they were never successful in building one that could fly.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by electric]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There was a photo of a shadow of a cigar shaped object... on the moon. It WAS HUGE... it follows a theory of a time travel mechanism by some scientists. By spinning a large cigar shaped object they could travel back and forth in time. It has to have a length.. a cetain x's the width.. spinning at incredible speeds. i forget the details... i think it was in a book by carl sagan though.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The cigar shaped object would be a perfect shape to minimize drag for travelling in a single direction. The saurcer shaped craft is a perfect shape to minimize drag for a craft that needs to change direction without rotating or decreasing speed.

I don't know anything about those theories of time travel, although the spinning motion could be used to simulate gravity in a zero gravity environment.

This does give some credit to the mothership/scoutship theories.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by electric]

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
that is so cool to know...but why must we hate aliens.......

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Who said we must hate them?

Another thing... Has anyone ever wondered why the nazis wanted saucer shaped flying objects? I mean, there was at that time, and even for years afterward, no question about the design of a plane: cigar body, straight wings, and the common tail (few exceptions to this: P38 for example). So why a disc?

I wonder if at that time they may have realized already that flying discs that could be observed were not terrestrial, and they tried to replicate it...

new topics

top topics

join