It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: 50-50 Chance I'll Run for President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Republican Rep. Ron Paul, known for bucking his party in favor of his libertarian principles, says there's a chance he'll make another run for the presidency.

"I'd say it's at least 50-50 that I'll run again," Paul told the New York Times in a profile of the 75-year-old congressman. His decision will reportedly hinge in part on how the economy fares.

Why does he not just admit it already? He is going to run for President. Each month when asked he gives more hints that he is running, as of right now I am 99.999% sure Ron Paul is going to run for President in 2012, I believe the only thing probably holding him back from announcing it is either he does not want to be the first to announce or he is waiting to see how he performs as chair of the monetary committee.

I would support a Ron Paul run for President any day, he has my full unwavering support. I do not know about the rest of youse but I would be more than willing to participate in Ron Paul political activism to spread the ‘good word’.

RON PAUL 2012

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
People likje him are the last chance for us as as free nation without a bloody revolt so I hope him and others like him do indeed run. Alone he cant do much but stem the tide but if we could get even \a fraction of congress we could halt the theft of our freedoms and maybe later start returning a few of those lost

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
he has my support one hundred percent. i am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
2nd

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would vote for him he seems like he is the guy weve been waiting for to save the country but we have to remember we were PROMISED change and what we get?

A Health care bill no one wants and pay or go to jail wtf is this definitly not Freedom.

Treating the American citizens like little kids can't do this you must do this blah blah blah.

And now it looks like we got 2 more wars coming soon NK and Iran among other small top secrete ones were not suppose to know about.

I know this for a fact I do not feel free haven't since 911 its like were all on lockdown.

We need a president thats really going to change the country by elimating 80% of the government and give the power to the people by allowing the citzens to vote on all bills and laws.

We don't need congress to decide for us thier not our parents I want us all to be heard.

definity would not be at war with other countrys that can't even attack us.

The U.S. is a big bully they take what they want.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadlyrhythm
he has my support one hundred percent. i am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.
2nd

Oh modefinitely, my fingers shall be crossed as well. America needs Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I would vote for him, too, but it will never happen.

One - the system won't let him near the presidency. It just won't happen
Two - IF he got elected, he would discover how little power the president actually has and he would be powerless to change ANYTHING. Just like Obama.

Ron Paul - Hope and Change in 2012! (followed by the same results that Obama had)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I would vote for him as well. Even though I do not agree with Ron Paul on every single issue, I believe he would scale back the executive branch to a more manageable entity. This in turn would drive down the budget and deficit. I also would see him as vetoing many legislative attempts to fund all the congresses pork projects. States rights would come back, and monetary policy changed for good. The biggest thing I disagree with Ron Paul is taking away every social service from Americans without having some alternative and sound money in place prior to this. I think he actually said we have to ween ourselves off the government slowly, as the prosperity of many people has been hampered by the government throughout the years and we would need a period of transition and not an absolute shut off.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
We don't pick our Presidents, the Electoral College does.

Maybe if we were a Democracy Ron Paul could be President, but we are not. We are a Republic.

We don't pick our Presidents.

new topics

top topics

join