It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Milosevic trial has been adjourned indefinitely

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The former Yugoslav President is charged with genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes, for his part in the 1990's conflicts in Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo. Just as he was to begin the first day of his defense, health concerns have caused the trial to be adjourned indefinitely.

www.sky.com
The trial of Slobodan Milosevic has been adjourned indefinitely.

The former Yugoslav president had been giving evidence to the UN's International Criminal Tribunal at The Hague but there were concerns about his health.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

We have been waiting for two years to hear his side, now we wait for his health to get better.

Not only that, now Saddam will have to wait to hear the preview of his defense: this is a biased court, the trial is illegal, this process is designed to cover up the war crimes of the U.S.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by BOHICA]

[edit on 5-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Why not have a group of hooded men burst into his house at 4am with guns and knives. We'll soon see how healthy the murderous twat is as he runs away at pace.

Things like this make me sick, if he's well enough to sit down he's well enough to stand trial. Either way, he's a dead man walking (or sitting.)

B

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
BBC has just added the following:

The adjournment came after lawyers discussed doctors' reports warning Mr Milosevic was suffering from extremely high blood pressure and needed rest.

news.bbc.co.uk...

He had 4 hours today, and 150 days total to present his defense. He off to a bad start.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I think there are more concerns about the evidence he will give.
The Court has virtually handcuffed him ala Nuremberg.

Look for him to go down in this modern day kangaroo court, just as the German's did 60 years ago.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
My uncle is one of the lead prosecutors in this case. He's coming over to visit this upcoming week, and I can ask him about it. I've talked with him and apparently, Milosevic quite often is "ill" and they adjorn court early. I went to the trial one day and I was able to watch part of a session. It really is interesting how the whole courtroom works, as I got a tour of the entire courtroom and all of the equipment rooms in which they can hide the witnesses' faces, dub audio, and all that other stuff. It really was quite an interesting experience.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by dpraedan]

top topics

join