It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anunnaki mentioned in the bible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Anunnaki

�And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose... There were nephilim in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.� [emphasis added]

Nephilim is often translated as �giants�, a legitimate and appropriate interpretation, but one which may be only partially accurate. A better definition might be �those who came down�, �those who descended�, or �those who were cast down.� The Anunnaki of ancient Sumerian texts is similarly defined as �those who from heaven to earth came�. Sitchin [1], Gardner [2], and Bramley [3] have all identified the Nephilim as the Anunnaki, more specifically, essentially the rank and file.

This is an intresting read. What are you're opinions?

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
For what it's worth I'm not a religious man, althogh I was raised to be. The bible is a interesting book but one full of holes so to speek. I agree with your interpritation, and in the same token I see the story of adam and eve a little funny, she ate a fruit from a bad tree, and the fruit of life as far as I'm concerned is sex, of coarse people will say thats taking things out of context but your interpritation of the bible is the only one you should be concerned about.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Surreal, I read and re-read that particular verse over and over for years, I too believe there is something to it...annunaki?? ehhh I dont know but
since you have caught on to this I would highly recommend you to read
the book of Enoch, it goes into much more detail concerning this. (Gen 6:1)

Good Luck!

[edit on 5-7-2004 by cyberpilot]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yeah the annunaki supposedly genetically engineered humans (created them)
so to humans they are the gods

btw Surreal_Rain, your avatar is mighty annoying when i'm trying to read your post

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yea, I agree. Does anybody get the distinct feeling that David Icke views this webpage? I know some people get info from him, but I've seen a lot of the current info from this site on his headlines. Not just new articles though, stuff from the past that is brought up on ATS and then is shown as current on david icke's site.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by crispexi

btw Surreal_Rain, your avatar is mighty annoying when i'm trying to read your post

if you don't like someones avatar, dont look at it , LOL , why dont ya just chill

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
See, this is where things are taken out of context to fit our modern views. These were ancient spiritual texts and many scholars and researchers (real scholars and researchers) believe the Nephilim were the giant offspring of fallen angels and the Annunaki were simply heavenly beings. Spiritual beings. Simply because they fit our ideas of what aliens should be and what aliens should do does not make our interpretations correct. You have to take into account much more than 1 verse in order to get a clear picture of the scriptures and beings written about within them.

Most of the people who teach this junk aren't at all qualified to translate or study the paticular scripture or texts they claim to be able to decipher. That's one of the UFO communities biggest setbacks.

[edit on 7/7/2004 by Sinobyte]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think there is a connection, especially since the Anunnaki are mentioned in different religions across the world.

First mentioned in Sumeria, called the Anunnaki. I can't bring up the Hebrew Bible, though... but I will say that the Essenes who wrote the Old Testament used Chaldean texts.

Across the world, in South America... the Mayans had the Amoxakee, who served a similiar function. Now, compare the two...

A-NUN-A-KI

A-MOH-A-KEE (the x is silent, after all... or rather, makes a 'hh' noise).

Am I the onlt one to see a phonetic resemblance? These two areas were the religions centers of their regions (Sumerian spread to the Essenes and Hindus... spread out further) (Mayan beliefs spread north to the New World)... so then, you have a central character, playing an important part in the two major centers of the world...

And I just lost my train of thought...

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog

Originally posted by crispexi

if you don't like someones avatar, dont look at it , LOL , why dont ya just chill

Hehe, you tell him

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Don't forget the Anakims/Emims/Zamzummims of Deuteronomy:

Deuteronomy 1:28 Whither shall we go up? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, The people [is] greater and taller than we; the cities [are] great and walled up to heaven; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there.

Deuteronomy 2:10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims;
Deuteronomy 2:11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites call them Emims.

Deuteronomy 2:20 (That also was accounted a land of giants: giants dwelt therein in old time; and the Ammonites call them Zamzummims;
Deuteronomy 2:21 A people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; but the LORD destroyed them before them; and they succeeded them, and dwelt in their stead:

Anakims...Annunaki...hmmm?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Anak

Meaning: long-necked.

Anakim

Meaning: the descendants of Anak (Josh. 11:21; Num. 13:33; Deut. 9:2).

They lived in the south of Palestine, in the neighborhood of Hebron (Gen. 23:2; Josh. 15:13). In the days of Abraham (Gen. 14:5,6) they inhabited the region afterwards known as Edom and Moab, east of the Jordan. They were probably a remnant of the original inhabitants of Palestine before the Canaanites, a Cu#e tribe from Babel, and of the same race as the Phoenicians and the Egyptian shepherd kings.

www.christiananswers.net...

Hey check that out and let me know what you think. I myself don't think there was any connection, other than they were just taller than avg humans. A warlike people....

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sitchin is a terrible bore. and also a comnplete idiot when it comes to planetary motions. He should have at least consulted with a physicists before putting forward his stupid and asinine theories. According to knowledgeble assyriologists, he isn't too good at translation either.

Any Planet x with a 3600 year orbit extending from the asteroid belt to the OOR cloud would spend most of its time far beyond Pluto, with its atmosphere frozen. Not a place for life , much less intelligent life. Also Sitchin cliams that each pass through the asteroid belt would take 100 earth years. Quite an achievment since Jupiter's year is 12 earth years. Actually such an object would only spend 4 years in the asteroid belt before passing the orbit of Jupiter on its outward bound orbit. Also any such an orbit that crosses Jupiter is unstable. Jupiter effects a great attraction any any object that crosses its path. Comet Hale Bopp went from a 4500 years orbit to a 2500 year orbit with only one pass. We all saw what happened to Comet Shoemaker-Levy.

Moishe

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What does heaven mean???? It means Sky, so the annunaki came from the sky,
god came from the sky. What is the people in those time gonna call them? UFO's?? NO they are gonna call them GODS. Good link to the annunaki very well explained, although I gotta do more research on the use of the prescious metals and ORME, to come to a reasonable conclusion if they could be the tree of life or not.

top topics

join