It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi All - looking for advice to catch/log alleged paranormal activities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hi...

I am new here.
I would like to say hello to everybody and ask for some advice.

Couple of weeks ago something weird happened while I was sleeping, I had a nightmare but did not wake up right after. The next morning I noticed some subtle differences in the layout of the room and one drawer was sligthly open (which was not). I was alone... or at least I really hope so.

So far it did not happen again, but I am looking for a simple way to log what is going on.
The only option I think I have is to use a IR surveillance camera to record everything; are there other tools/ techniques I could use?

thanks in advance,
Leo(pinvestig)

edit on 15-12-2010 by pinvestig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!

I've done a few experiments in this sort of thing, just kind of a hobby really.

The IR camera would be a good idea, i prefer EVP myself.

Any recorder will do fine, or if you want to spend some $$ there are several "feature rich" recorders designed specifically for EVP work. I use the RT-EVP recorder, it's expensive but you can hear possible EVP in "real time" it's really nice.

Again welcome to ATS, hope this helps

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

Hey amadeus, thanks!

By EVP recorders you mean something like this one ?
If so, I guess it will record audio signals on frequencies non usually audible by humans?
Did you catch something interesting using those?

Thanks again,
Leo

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
sorry it took so long for me to reply, i've been at working

yes sir, thats exactly the one that i have.

One reason i like it is you can hear the EVP as it happens or in "real time" instead of having to record for awhile and then go play it back.

Back in 2001 i spent the night at the Cresent Hotel in Eureka Springs here in AR with just a regular voice recorder and caught some ok EVPs but the quality was bad.

Then last year i got the good one and went back and caught two Really good ones. one actually said "michael" and the other was a very clear "no" when i asked if i was welcome there.. kinda creeped me out some

The Cresent Hotel is one of the most haunted places in america and there are several well known paranormal researchers that have been there. I gotta say it was one of the creepiest nights i've ever spent in a hotel.

Here's a LINK if you want to read some history or you can google it. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get out and experience some crazy stuff

If you have anymore questions i'd be glad to answer what i know... like i said though it's just sort of a hobby.
anyway, good luck to you and can't wait to hear some stories

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hi Amadeus,

thanks for sharing your experience.
I am still a bit skeptic about these voice phenomena.. could it be that someone at the hotel has sort of voice transmitters which work at those high frequencies?

Anyway, thanks again; for the time being I am looking for cheaper solutions, maybe an externel mic connected to my pc? I will post here as soon as I found something.

Leo

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think most web cams have a "motion activated" option so you could try leaving one of those running at night.

There is also a thing that some ghost hunting shows do (I can't remember what they call it) where they put an object (usually a crucifix or something) on a bit of white paper and then draw around the outline and leave it overnight, then you can easily see if it has moved at all.

That might just drive you crazy though as if it did move you still wouldn't know why

top topics

join