It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

should "Evolution" be considered a sign of Ignorance ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
Now lets get back on topic here in this thread too please...

Should Evolution be considered a sign of ignorance ?

Evolution is a scientific theory. I fail to understand the question.

Today I feel not much different, Evolutionist only use the theory to attack religion, namely Christianity. I am trying to have a discussion about why evolutionist would rather use it as a weapon instead of a learning tool ?

You tar with a wide brush. You use the term evolutionist as if it is a club people subscribe to.
I think you'll find that evolutionary theory is a tool to help us understand where we came from.If seeking knowledge is a weapon, then count me as guilty.

I accept evolution, albeit I have never seen it actually happen in a petri-dish... I have seen evidence for diversity and adaption, I also believe evolution does not erase religion or creation theory. All people have a tendency to feel the creation theory it would seem because we are created/conceived by our parents, this is a very natural train of thought that about 99% of humans on this planet automatically know... even if they are strict nazi evolutionist..

Glad your open minded enough to embrace the advancement of knowledge. However your failing to understand that this scientific theory along with many others does not require you to believe in anything. It simply takes the observable and presents a case based on it, faith is not required...questioning, research and revising is in fact encouraged.
Religion and creationism are both faith based and present their cases using the because that's the way it is argument. Questioning is actively discouraged..just take it on faith.
The creation because we are created statement is well frankly, nonsensical. You may as well argue 99% of people have a tendency to believe blue is blue in color because it is blue.
Nazi ? umm with no mention of Eugenics. I'll simply put the use of the word down to shock value as I've yet to read of gangs of evolution thugs forcing people to wear armbands with religious symbols emblazoned on them..etc...

I believe I have found evidence that strict evolutionist would rather turn the science of evolution into religion and then turn around and attack everyone else who has a religion because it does not conform to their religion of evolution..

See above points for clarification on the difference between religion and science. (Protip...faith and belief feature heavily)

In essence, non-conformist Evolutionist can be considered a sign of ignorance... because there are some who would rather use it for something other than an educational tool.
discuss...

Define a non conformist evolutionist please. As written it reads as a proponent of a non-mainstream theory of evolution. Since the theory itself is constantly evolving (the pun was unavoidable) that would make any researcher a non conformist. In which case you have just defined the pursuit of knowledge as ignorance...........

In closing, an educational tool becomes a weapon when it encroaches on a belief. Not due to it use but due to the perception of the believer.

<< 6  7  8   >>

join