It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with all the hate in the world and on the threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I've noticed an alarming number of hate filled threads here as of late, even the ones where there should be no hate, such as the homeless guy returning a large amount of $$, there is hate spewed at him BECAUSE he returned the money. Is this the state of man, we only want to hear hate and spew vile bitterness at one another? Does ANYONE want to hear about something good, then reflect on that ahd say hey, thats a good thing, let me emulate that or are we just filled with comments such as, 'youre stupid', 'your idea is worthless', 'I hate this, I hate that,"
Where are we going as a race and as a society? Are we all bloodthirsty? do we just want to focus on the negative?
This is an alarming trend both on the forum and in real life. Is this a society you want to raise your children in, and do you want to raise them with the same hatred, bigotedness?
Your thoughts

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

People are stressed, scared, and polarizing right now. That is part of it.

Then, there are just flat out trolls. Always have been trolls, always will be. Though, lately, there numbers on ATS seem to have grown.

Add in fundamentalists of every ilk... and you get what we see these days. A ton of anonymously posted verbal garbage.

Do what I have decided to do these days... Don't empower the hatred with a reply. It just feeds the disease to feed the trolls.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
society has changed so much in the last 10 to 15 years. the amount of people we get into the hospital that are injured through sheer stupid fighting is increasing every week. the alcohol fueled violence is way out of control. if people could just see someone on life support, who was knocked out with just one punch, whos life could go either way would make you sick to the stomache. some live to be never the same again, lots die.

im am NOT a very religious person, but i cant help thinking to a movie i saw years ago. i think it was the ten commandment with charlton heston. he leads the people to the mountain then leaves them to go up the mountain. they are all happy, loving people. but while he has gone, they lose it. they make false gods out of gold and the greed takes over. they are drinking, raping women, and order has completely broken down. i cannot help but think of the scene in that movie when i think about how things are today. we, as a world, are very close to tipping over that edge.

with all the gfc crisis over the last few years, i have been thinking yeah....go on...collapse then we can all reset again. lately, i have changed my opinion. if there is just someway we can get rid of the crooks, bring the financial industry and the politicians back to being decent humans, we may just have a chance. otherwise, im terrified about the future and what it will bring.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It's cause this world is filled with a buncha bozos who only care about themselfs.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Quite frankly, I've grown a bit tired of the complete misuse of the word/term hate. As soon as I hear it used it generally lets me know that I would be conversing with those who prefer the PC term du jour rather than conversing with those who truly grasp the meaning of the word.

Let me guess...my post was hateful?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Quite frankly, I've grown a bit tired of the complete misuse of the word/term hate. As soon as I hear it used it generally lets me know that I would be conversing with those who prefer the PC term du jour rather than conversing with those who truly grasp the meaning of the word.

Let me guess...my post was hateful?

not hateful.....just negative. i am the first to put my hand up and say that i have been the same the last few months. negative about everything. from this day on, im going to just try to say positive things. im going to try to live the next month by the saying "if you dont have anything good to say, then dont say it at all".

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am walking towards a path of upright moral virtue and enlightenment.

My path, my notice of human nature is making Peace hard.
What we humans have done to this beautiful planet and continue to do is bringing me to pain and rage.
All of the war, murder, rape, and violence that does not seem to stop is disheartening.
Absolute focus on materialism, entertainment, and outward appearance is leaving me feeling alone.
Governments filled with corruption and policies to limit and/or strip freedom is enraging.

I'm finding less to smile about with each turn of my gaze.
I wish there were more to be happy with, but ignorance is bliss, and I lost ignorance a few years back. All I see is overwhelming sickness in human nature, with the occasional "humanity". Globally and collectively I see no humanity in humans.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
I am walking towards a path of upright moral virtue and enlightenment.

My path, my notice of human nature is making Peace hard.
What we humans have done to this beautiful planet and continue to do is bringing me to pain and rage.
All of the war, murder, rape, and violence that does not seem to stop is disheartening.
Absolute focus on materialism, entertainment, and outward appearance is leaving me feeling alone.
Governments filled with corruption and policies to limit and/or strip freedom is enraging.

I'm finding less to smile about with each turn of my gaze.
I wish there were more to be happy with, but ignorance is bliss, and I lost ignorance a few years back. All I see is overwhelming sickness in human nature, with the occasional "humanity". Globally and collectively I see no humanity in humans.

what a beautiful way to put all what i was trying to say into words. i dip my hat to you and wish you well in life.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb

not hateful.....just negative. i am the first to put my hand up and say that i have been the same the last few months. negative about everything. from this day on, im going to just try to say positive things. im going to try to live the next month by the saying "if you dont have anything good to say, then dont say it at all".

Was my response truly negative or was it realistic? I have no problem with either term since either can be applied to many of my responses. The misuse of the term hate has become passe.

I could say what I'm really thinking but that would truly be negative so will refrain.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by punterdeb

Was my response truly negative or was it realistic? I have no problem with either term since either can be applied to many of my responses. The misuse of the term hate has become passe.

I could say what I'm really thinking but that would truly be negative so will refrain.

realistic might be.

new topics

top topics

join