It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Your Dreamtime More Fulfilling Then Your Waking Life?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by whaaa

Great minds think alike. I actually played in a band in the early eighties where we did that song as a cover. I was 15 years old playing in a bar band touring all over the Canada and the U.S. on a altered birth certificate to make it look like I was 19.

So yeah, imagine how much fun that was, and then getting to the point in life where your dreams are more exciting.

I can imagine! That's why at 50++ I still play everyweekend and try to LIVE the dream. However I'm not near as LIVELY as I once was.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by S1J1A1

Have you ever read any of the "Law of one" transcripts? I have spent much time reading the material and what impresses me is that it is a coherent work that never contradicts itself. Amateur works are usually all over the place and expose themselves as the fakes they are. Maybe the harvest is real. I honestly don't know what to believe, the possibilities are all so surreal, but isn't that what a paradigm shift is? We must be ready to accept the unbelievable. Empty your cup, so to speak.

Proto does not really like talking about the Law of One, and feels this is a really stupid Law, because if there is just One, then why does the One need a Law! Who would enforce the Law if there was just One, but more importantly this is obviously something that the One has done, to full itself into believing there is not just One. Now the problem here is there can not be One with out another, and there can not be One without another, so if there is no other, then there can not be One.

One is very self concsious about this, and obviously for One good reason, because if there is not another, then there was no other, to make the One, therfore the One does not really exist, however the One is very stubborn about the fact that he does exist, which is why the One made this stupid Law!

One has told itself it's ok for it to be confused about this and to use it's freewill to exist out of that Confusion, which is why the One hates talking about this law.

What Law?

So tell me is the Chili at that place in Colorado really better than the Chili from the place in Colorado, these are the kinds of thing that One enjoys talking about!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Maybe dying is "good". We have to let go of what we think matters so we can get on with the "truth". Does anything we chase in this corporeal life matter? I have been simplifying my life since 1993, I feel unbearably empty at times, but know intrinsically, it is what is required in these times. Polarity must end for the eternal now to take the reign.

People and things come and go in our life as our "charge" on what matters comes to us. Think about it, if it doesn't affect you, you don't notice it or remember it. Got rid of the T-Shirt to make room for new experiences. The past has a charge, I feel we have to jettison the past to make room for the now. It is so easy to get lost in would've, should've, could've. Let that ship sail, we did the best we could at the time.

Let's break out of prison and start new tomorrow. No preconceived ideas, just how we as a collective can turn the ship to what we really know. War does not work, hoarding does not work, elitism does not work. I will care about my other drop in the ocean as much as I care about my individual drop. The silver cord is "all" and what I do to another I do to myself since I am part of the all.

You want something better and so do I, two is more powerful than one, it is exponential. There are alot of others too. Rome be damned, we outnumber them. Take the leap, if we all take the leap and "dream" another future, so it will be. Can't fight the collective!

I believe we manifest the same thing over and over until we are done and ready to move forward. When the emotional charge is gone that timeline falls to the wayside and we choose a new experience. Dream life might be where the soul is in charge and actually the mot telling of who we are.

As far as media is concerned it seems we are cattle lead to the chutes. I don't watch anymore, it is the dogma they want me to fill up on. I opt out and choose to look for reality on my own, no matter how perverted that may be.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

If you are one how do you know anything? You must fool yourself into thinking you are many. That way you can experience all aspects of yourself and all the goodies that go with polarity. How do you know if you are tall unless someone is short? How can you be anything if you are everything? How do you choose what is right for you if there is no wrong for you?

If we can live in a construct why can't the creator (or whatever name you want to ascribe). It's all a tool of experience. All I can say for sure right now about anything is "I am". It all seems to come down to perception of experiences.

Haven't been to Cincy in years! I escaped in 2000. I used to make my own but now I am a vegetarian and its just not the same. There is no such thing as TVP (textured vegetable protein) Cincinnati Chili. Nothing like a steamed hot dog cheese coney with mustard. Yum!
edit on 13-12-2010 by S1J1A1 because: more to say

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The funny thing is I dread dreaming for many of the same reasons.

I'm an introvert and rarely if ever get to do anything unless its with close friends or family members. Yet every night my dreams are exciting, I can fly or defeat Godzilla or meet insanely out my league women who fall instantly in love with me. For that reason I dread dreaming because having those dreams I know they are fake and I know I will have to wake up from them and continue on will dull dreary life. That being said however I feel that the real world is much more, well, real, and while dreams can be fun the real world offers a depth of sensory perception that a dream can only exaggerate or attempt to replicate.

So even though my real life is boring I find it far more fulfilling.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Thanks a lot, that makes a lot of sense. It does seem as if whenever I take charge in my dream I can sort of manipulate what happens next. I just have a hard time realizing that my dream is not reality, and anything is possible. Then again, usually when I do realize it's not real, I wake up! lol.

...Have you ever tried to "astral project"? It's just another word for an OBE right? Or is astral projection the same as lucid dreaming? Some people claim that they can willingly induce themselves into deep meditation and actually leave their own body, while being completely concious of the experience the whole time. I've never experienced anything quite like that.

The closest I've come (I think) is when I meditated for a full hour and a half straight (which I'm still not sure if there's a "correct" way of meditation), fully concious, the whole time focusing on my breathing and relaxing every part of my body one at a time. I tried envisioning my natural energy, and actually felt it. Then I tried to "stand up" without actually standing up. I felt a sort of "vibration" feeling, and an intense "something big is about to happen" vibe. It seemed as if I could feel my bed moving, like a spinning feeling....and then it was gone. It was like a mental block or something, like something was telling me "Don't do it!!!"

Any similar experiences?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You see one day you wake up and find all you thought was real was really the dream.

In my last dream there was a giant supernatural being, he was transparent and within him were a kaleidoscope of colors and he was very odd but beautiful and he healed me.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'm so familiar with this feeling of yours, OP... sometimes I wake up ranting because my dream is over and I need to retake my boring waking life... I'm just 26, but my life has been very harsh... and it is till now... In my dreams I'm usually happy, I haven't economical issues, I can play flute and fly!
When your live is harsh, escaping to dreamland is often quite better than living your own "reality"... Sometimes I wish I never wake up, really.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
My dreams are rarely exotic adventures to exotic places, but I enjoy them because, in dreams, I do not have the physical disability which limits my waking life experience. I enjoy those long dream walks

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
reply to post by StripedBandit

Hey not to sound weird or anything, but the next time you find yourself 'there'
try and turn your view and see if there's a thin thread coming out of the back of your neck and head area, and let me know.

Is the thread you see silver, and have you ever seen what it attaches to at the other end?

Or what all it's attached too?

Okay not to sound weird, but yeah to sound weird,
To me the first time I noticed, it looked like fishing string or sewing thread, I guess that's a good description,
in viewings since, I can say it looked grayish, was truly cylindrical, as it curved around itself.
Attachments?, well I havent seen what's at the other end, it just goes to 'somewhere',
and like i said earlier I swear it comes out of the back of my head and neck area,
like a stretched spider web that is spun into one,
if you can imagine that.
I know, it sounds made up and stupid but hey, I'm sleeping and dreaming and that's what I remember.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
hey bro im only 17 and i feel the same 100%!!!!!!!! as i was reading the thread i felt like you took this from my life (well except for the income part). and i was so happy while reading this because be4 i felt like i was the only person on this earth that would rather be sleeping then having to go to school with future tools and dicks. so many kids at my high school are simple minded and only care about material objects that wont last for more then a year ( but they gotta have it now because its the new cool thing). its like none of them look for a deeper meaning in anything and it depresses me severely. so i would rather sleep and be in my own reality but man im telling you its not the way to go! get out there do and find something new. but most importantly do what you love to do. the only thing that keeps me going is that i haven't reached my full potential and that i haven't figured out what i love to do! so quite your job and find a job that you love

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1J1A1

How do you tell where one drop of water starts and stops in the ocean?

All energy is connected (quantum entanglement), our current "makeup" just doesn't allow for the perception of it.

The space between the drops, between the drops and the air, between the air and our skin, between our skin and everything else within and without,
THAT, to me is where all laws meet, where god lives.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

There is a strange battle going on in my dream world. Sometimes I feel like I am about to float outside my body and ascend to a higher plane, but when this happens, these things visit me, last time it was as if, as I was trying to lift out of my body, a huge set of weights prevented me from "leaving" - possibly a reflection of emotional baggage. Also, I often have dreams of confronting myself. The last time I looked to the chair next to my bed, and there was a dark figure, questioning me, while some kind of other entity was attempting to give me a massage. Anyway, I knew it was a trick, so I tackled down this dark figure, and attempted to rip off his mask - lo and behold, it was an image of me. I threatened it, I said "Although you may be me, I, am not you". With that, it disappeared.

On other occasions, lets call them "high density" occasions, I often have these beings trying to remove me from my body, like they are basically wriggling my astral body or "light body" free from my flesh body. However, I often think that is a trick as well, as I have these ideas of them taking out my soul and imprisoning me, and then planting one of thier souls into my body, like body snatchers. It really is a crazy world in the dream world, but with experience, you can learn how to sort out the good from the bad.

When it comes to being in a dream world, or mistaking the real world for a dream world, I often have dreams of alternate lives. For example, one dream I was living in the same "house" but it was different, and the neighbourhood was different, the grass was brown, it seemed to be some post-riot or post "event" reality, and I was living a different life, talking to different people outside. When I woke there was another entity with me, and perhaps part of what I imagined was the dream, or perhaps the "entity" was some alternate reality, where a real event happening to my alternate self was being physically transferred to my real self, some kind of overlapping between dimensions. Another strange thing, I was holding a protective statue in my hand when I was asleep, and then I had a dream of an alternate reality. It was if I was "going somewhere, with a lot of other people, like a weird kind of "evacuation", anyway, I remember being asked if I had my ticket, and I replied that I did (in a voice that was like an alternate personality of my own), anyway, instead of the statue in my hand was a crumpled up ticket, and then the attendant collecting the tickets made some kind of remark about the state of wear that it was in.

Perhaps, we all have alternate selves in alternate realities, however, our consciousness is only generally present in one of these realities. A higher being might be able to visit himself in the past and in the future, at any time or alternate reality that he so chooses. Either this, or, that the present maintains itself, but the past changes, so basically, the past is like a big flux of events that become even more random as the present progresses. So the further back in the past we travel, things become increacingly random. For example, I often imagine certain events in my past that have caused my mind trouble in the present, certain things or decisions that I see as altering the course of my life. However, I have discovered that if I imagine intensely, then I can imagine that events were different, and I can change my past to a significant degree, as long as the manifest reality of the present is not dramatically altered (like a solution to a puzzle). Although the present is not changed, the contents of my mind, and the motivators within my consciousness change, thus I am able to change my future.

edit on 14-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
paying attention to one's dreams, waking visions, and synchronicities is a foundation
of shamanic consciousness... i however have never considered dreams as entertainment,
dreams are life & spirit 'lessons' 'insights' , meant to be deciphered and bundled into
ones' memory networks

i'll bet you take a very long time and elaborate detailing in telling the Psychiatrist
the scenes you 'see' during the Rorschach Inkblot Test www.rorschach.org...
can you beat ~1 hour for the 10 inkblots?
the classical 'Bat' is the only blot that took less than 8-10 minutes to paint a verbal picture

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yeah, I often dream about my reality being a dream, and how nice it'd be to live the dream... but then I realized, if reality were a dream, and my dream were a reality... I'd probably still dream, and I'd always want that dream to be my reality.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
i feel that our dreams are extremely important and relevant to our waking lives. my dreams states are as well infinitely more interesting and diverse than my waking life experiences. life becomes repetitive, and sometimes it is hard to break free from tradition.
just last week i met a girl in my dreams named Quinn, the dream stayed with me for days and seemed very significant for some reason. without boring you with the details of the dream as they are really only relevant to my personal life, upon looking up the meaning of the name Quinn, i found it to be irish and means 'counsel'. this pretty well blew my mind, as i have no reason to have known that, and know no one in my life by that name.
i feel dreams are indeed meant to be deciphered by the dreamer; they hold wisdom and insight beyond what our waking selves can possibly understand.
lucid dreaming is increadible, i urge you all to research the practice as anyone can do it with a little effort. i had a lucid dream last night, definitely reminiscent of a psychadelic experience.
i was falling from a great height in my dream, and somehow said to myself that if i would simply realize this is merely a dream and is thus illusory, everything would be alright. upon doing this i immediately halted my fall and stayed in place floating. the sensations were all indescribably real; the wind when falling, the sudden jerk of my entire body when stopping, the sheer weightlessness of my body as i lay in mid air floating.
as this happened my entire environment changed, their were buildings around me which became multicoloured, rainbowesque colours mixing and streaming along their facades. i then proceeded to fly around my new environment as the world below me shifted and morphed into and out of itself in an incredible manner. landscapes expanding and collapsing into themselves, changing constantly as i flew from a higher vantage.
sorry to ramble, just thought id share

dreams are an incredible process of the human psyche which are very essential to our development.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have nightmares quite often. But it's not like I don't like having them. I actually don't really care. They still seem to be better than real life... so, tbh, my life is so facked up that it's worse than my worst nightmare...
So, basically, yea, I like dreaming more than actually consciously living.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

My waking life is usually much better than my dreams are...Most of the time if I remember my dream at all, it's because it was a bad one. In fact, this morning I woke up irrationally mad at my boyfriend for things he did in my dream!!!

I even glared at him for a second before it sunk in that I was awake!

He asked what was wrong with me, and I had to explain my stupid dream, and he just looked at me like I was crazy. He said- "Babe. It was only a dream."

Well, I know. But it felt completely real. I could describe my surroundings perfectly. And the emotion involved was phenomenal. I really believed it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Damn!

I somehow erased this.

As happens with dreams I have -

Rather odd stuff which is hard to describe clearly.

Very interesting topic.

edit on 14-12-2010 by Whiffer Nippets because: clarity. failed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by S1J1A1

You want something better and so do I, two is more powerful than one, it is exponential. There are alot of others too. Rome be damned, we outnumber them. Take the leap, if we all take the leap and "dream" another future, so it will be. Can't fight the collective!

It's a strange world that is for sure, and the truth is as flawed as it appears to be, many people don't just like the shared reality we are all taught to and encouraged to manifest they love it.

Whether it's the politicians or the 'patriots' on ATS most people imagine the solution to what does cause them concern, grief or a genuine lack of a quality life can be found by looking at the past.

What Rome is really good at doing is romanticizing the past, whether it's Jesus, or Jolly old England, or the good old Patriots who fought the Revolutionary War, or those rolling good times, in the 1950's, most everyone imagines the way to move forward is in reverse.

It's hard to envision the 'mass awakening' so many people love to talk about, because of that.

I don't know if people in general will ever let go of the status quo to try something new.

The conventional wisdom always seems to be, go with the devil you know, as opposed to the one you don't.

I believe we manifest the same thing over and over until we are done and ready to move forward. When the emotional charge is gone that timeline falls to the wayside and we choose a new experience. Dream life might be where the soul is in charge and actually the mot telling of who we are.

I think it has a lot more to do with a running script that people choose to act out a part in, than it is any real desire to manifest the whole thing over and over again.

Yet I think too many people suffer by becoming completely immersed in their part to the point they really have no recollection of anything different, even though I honestly believe (or at least I know in my own case) that we are born with an inherrent knowledge and understaning that essentially gets locked away inside of us.

Some people call this the 'veil of forgetfullness" enabled by the law of confusion, but I believe deep down we all know the truth of our existence, we just don't want to accept that we do, because then it puts the lie to the script everyone is in essence acting out a bit part in.

As far as media is concerned it seems we are cattle lead to the chutes. I don't watch anymore, it is the dogma they want me to fill up on. I opt out and choose to look for reality on my own, no matter how perverted that may be.

I gave away my TV a few years ago, but there is no escaping the news. If I don't see it here online, then some client or friend is telling me all about the latest.

It's very hard to escape and that constant reinforcement of dogmas as well as false hope really causes many people to relinquish any real thoughts or responsibility to seriously try making the world a better place.

We can duck and weave, and try to not be affected as much as we can by the negativity and the events, but it's pretty hard to be completely immune to them, because those dogmas and emotions are so pervasive.

I remain the etneral optimist though, I believe it can get better, in radical changing ways that would really make that a real possibility instead of a campaign slogan or talking point, but it's really going to take a lot of effort and sacrifice by those who really do have that desire, to make it happen.

Thanks my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join