It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cell phone outages... have you written down all important numbers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Regarding cell phone outages... have you written down all important numbers? Before TSHTF.. be SURE to write diwn all of your important numbers/speed dials and information you may need. Keep in your wallet or purse!

If your cell phone company is cut off during TSHTF, maybe a neighbor or business (they stopped most pay phones) will have a phone you can use...

Hope for the best... PLAN for the worst. Be well all.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

You do know that just because you have no service it doesn't mean you can't access your phones address book. My phone is off currently because I am going out of the country and i can still access the internet via wi fi and I can still view numbers.

So yeah, this thread makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

It's a good idea to do this anyway in case you get your phone stolen.

I once had my phone stolen right out of my hand while I was sending a text message and lost a lot of numbers. most importantly I lost the number of my girlfriend (at the time) in Austria and I was supposed to be visiting her in 2 days

I managed to sort it out through emails though, got all my numbers back eventually

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

But phone numbers are like ten digits long and, and, and, oh shiny....

~Heff

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This little black book isn't just for the ladies.
It's for the relatives I never call as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Odds are that if its that bad and mobile service is out.. Landline service will be out as well. Also on most mobiles even if service is out one could still access the contacts list and other menu options as long as the batts. charged..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

where are the cell phone outages and why?? weather related or what? thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

hahhhhhaaaa ive just twigged lol....no service doesnt mean no access to numbers...however i will give u the benefit of the doubt here OP if theres a power outage then yea wise to get numbers out your cell...but then ur land line wouldnt work would it?..uuuurgh im getting confused STOP IT!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder

where are the cell phone outages and why?? weather related or what? thanks

Well, most anything, tower out, "terrorist" attack LOL, government control, an act of war, lost phone, non payment of bill, damaged phone.... But not ALL phones can contact your "address and ph book for contacts" sooo write down your most needed ph in case. SOMEONE should have a phone of some sort that may be used in an emergency...
its possible

If most of us are preparing for TSHTF.. why not what have you got to lose.. just an idea, not worthy of a discussion, do it or not. Its your phone.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Doesn't make sense... If all cell phones go down, who are you gonna actually call? Won't everybodys phone go down?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I work as customer support for a cell phone co. who shall remain nameless. That is usually a big problem for a number of people. Lose there cellphone and they lost their phonebook. If it's really that important to you back that sucker up. If nothing else get one of those little black books and write everything down. Otherwise, someday, you'll be sorry. And you can't get copies of your text msgs either. So there.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We had plenty of cell phone outages in the last few weeks... but for my luck, I don't have a cell phone as on one day I turned it off and put into the shelf (It's there since that time.). I can live without it in the last few years and my life is pretty peaceful since that time. Plus every number what is essential is in my mind. Although if there will be a cell phone outage, what can you do with numbers? Almost nothing as cell phone users are usually keep cell phone numbers only. People whose have cell phone are rarely calling landlines.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
My - it's scary indeed when a cell phone outage is considered something to worry about. Unfortunate sign of the times maybe. Bring it on. Your mind and your brain health will thank you for it.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If "TSHTF," traditional voice networks are going down too, so your list of emergency numbers will not do you much good. It's all digital now.

Your best bet is to come up with a local, emergency communications plan that relies on a predetermined meeting location for communications.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Clue: Most landline phones are also sent through the air either by microwave tower or satellite at some part of their journey.

Maybe get and keep pigeons?

top topics

join