It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please dont judge me, i have questions.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

You are spot on, my friend, and I support every word on your post above.

It's very hard to find a real master nowdays (those who honestly want you to seek the truth by your own efforts and ways).
The fake masters (those who seek to benefit from other people's ignorance) are rising high.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Peace.

It is indeed a trend of times. When the arch-foolinator (=church) is loosing it's appeal, there will be many distressed spiritual seekers for the wolves to catch. They smell this and want their share of the prey.

-v

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by faaip

The Inner Life is always being examined and explored. The world is much, much more spiritual than we're often lead to believe. I'm sure that in your town, or neighborhood, or even on the street you live there are numerous individuals who have, or are trying to develop, some kind of rapport with the Divine. If you feel like pursuing that course of action, then great! Where to start, however, comes from inside you. What do you believe right now? Where do you see yourself in the scheme of the Universe? Before you can begin to contemplate the reality, the waking life, the Inner Life, the Great Tao, and like complexes, you need to at least have some semblance of who you are.

To your questions...

1) Spirit, physical body, aura, soul, astral body, Higher Self, ego... I have come to the understanding that these are all different things. Not necessarily a separate "you", more like a parallel "you". Your physical body manifests on the physical plane of existence. Your spirit mirrors it, walking through the non-ego plane. Your aura is the effects of your spirit crossing into the physical plane very slightly. Things like that. So not really two separate existence, just a cross-section of who you really are. If you cut it "here" you see the physical body, if you cut it "there" you see the astral body, etc.

2) I haven't read "The Secret" all the way through. It was too much New Age self-help mumbo-jumbo for my liking. So I can't really comment on whether or not "The Secret" really did come close to approaching the "secret of life". I will hypothesize though, that since the book is not the #1 book in the world, it is not the answer to all of your spiritual and religious inquiries. I doubt that any single book, on its own, will be the answer to all of your questions.

3) Magick, is the term to really apply here. The development of psychic influence, as is the case in the book and movie, is only one aspect of fully taking command of your magickal ability. Mind over matter, the axiom, is the starting point: you must realize the interconnectedness between yourself, and the desired goal. Then you have to develop your True Will, which is what is used to subvert the Will of the thing which you are manipulating. It's not an easy process by any means. However, once you've got a good handle on your own Will, you can then branch out into manipulating and changing the world around you.

It all comes down to perseverance; if you can get a grasp on the mechanism of change, and cause it to influence your world, then you can bring about a lot of interesting occurrences in your life, and the lives of those around you.

Good luck in your pursuits! Whether they lead you down the road I described here, or another one.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
well its been an interesting couple of days reading all these replies
i've definately got somewhere to start, at the very least!

it definately does seem like there a lot of fake-masters as you guys call them online and all over the internet. i guess for me the hard part is filtering through what feels right and what just sounds like a money grab (the secret for one, is a great example. a old idea that has been refleshed out it seems, to make money. lame.. )

interesting stuff!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
If you want answers expect to invest a lot of time (think decades). Anything turning your world upside down should be avoided. Be careful with your mind, learn how to guard it against other people's fears and spiritual dramas. The best defense is to laugh at the devil, ridicule outlandish theories, as you just did by accepting there are indeed many fake masters.
edit on 15/12/2010 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Starchildern is a name, it is also vaild for adults

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
self-realization is the big secret they don't teach you in school, because it borders too closely on "religious"

self-realization is the big secret they don't teach you at your job, because it's not a practical skill, plus it makes the entire operation look silly in comparison, people running around, conducting business, and to top it all off, there is this secretive "upper management" that rules the plebeians like gods and just make it seem like they are out to make life miserable, no other purpose.

self-realization is the big secret the politicians and media WON'T talk about, because it would bring a real note of sadness into the agenda, not some fake emotional cry-a-thon because a staged actor is pretending to be murdered by the war-propaganda hoax of the taliban. Real sadness, like the eugenics methods being engineered against the people, like how SELF-REALIZATION IS COVERED UP IN SOCIETY.

self-realization is the big secret they don't teach you at church, because they don't want you to think that YOU ARE YOUR ONLY SAVIOR YOU NEED.

edit on 16-12-2010 by filosophia because: grammar, what else?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join