It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please dont judge me, i have questions.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hi,

While the title of this thread may seem a little alertist, paranoid or just plain weird, i would like to discuss some topics that have been creeping up on me lately, almost calling for me to investigate them.

first up - there was a post a long time ago on one of these forums. the typical - guy pretending (potentially) to be from another dimension, an alien, or something of the sort. he spoke of how our body and soul are two seperate entities, and that the spirit is something of an aura, surrounding the body and controlling it, much like a puppeteer commands a puppet. this comment has rung in my mind for a very, very long time. im gravitated towards it, and my subconcious brings it up to the boil now and again

second of all - once again, another poster, saying that he was yet again another trans-dimensional being of some sort with a message. he was torn down as excpected (or unexpected, depending on where you sit and watch this place) but then he did say something that i found yet again sticking in my head - that the book, the secret, almost had the right idea about it, except that where it failed is that it concentrated too much on success, too much on money and that is where it fails. but the concept was right. mind over matter, concentration and belief in something to the point it will materialize.

and the third point - watching/reading the whole "men who stare at goats" and the book talking about how they would honestly will the heart to cease, to stop, to explode, to die. they honestly wanted it, and it happened. the general of the books has gone down in various mediums to say he honestly saw examples of this occuring.

i guess what im trying to say is has anybody else really started to gravitate towards the inner self, the whole willing something to be, or just having ideas stick to your brain like they are the basis for your own beliefs, you just didnt know it?

this is a ramble. but it needs to come out. i need to know what truths lie behind this, and i need to know if i am honestly the only one that has just recently started to want to know more. where CAN i find more about this stuff? i do not want it for any reason other than it feels like someone has shown me, told me that i am missing something, shown me the way for all but a split second, and then disappeared.

Once again, sorry for the rant, the questions and probably the crazy talk. for those wondering, i have no mental conditions, im a fairly normal person, but something has woken up inside of me and i need someone to guide me..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Your comments are valid! We all have the ability to look into our internal self and experience everything around us. This is the psychic ability in us all.

We are all positive people no matter what race, religion, sex, ect. Our internal self is a positive entity which learns in this life to experience wisdom in the afterlife.

If we have the wisdom while alive we can tap into the supernatural and recieve messages which assist us all.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by faaip

Hi there, I know the feeling you have and i know what will help you get started on that path, google "Starchildern" that should enough to get you started, send a reply you want to ask any silly questions

Lanikai

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
If your subconscious is telling you to investigate these things then go for it! I'd warn you to be careful when it comes to the new age stuff, not because it's all wrong or evil or anything, I just find it all to be a bit of a mush of information. It's very difficult to find out the origins different ideas and the are undoubtedly charlatans in the mix too.

I would recommend reading this thread by Skyfloating about the Law of Attraction. This should clear up the problems in the Secret!

Also.... you might want to try meditating, it can be difficult to find a method that works for you but it's worth any effort you put into it!
edit on 13-12-2010 by March of the Fire Ants because: more words for reply speeeech

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Starting out.. you will be overwhelmed by the amount of information being offered today as Truth.

There are shams everywhere, even in places you may least "expect" to find them. Each say they speak Truth, some are puppets knowingly while others are unknowing, some need the recognition for unbalanced Ego or masses of Money for The Lifestyle... some are the opposite in offering austerity.

Each will offer masses of information that comes pre-attached to an Edifice of Belief... that you are expected to take up the yolk of.

You will eventually realise that their are two types of people who offer assistance. There are Teachers, who you can pick in a crowd for the Mannerisms, Dress and "Wordage". Then there are teachers, who you will not pick in a crowd.. especially if you don't see them Shine For You.

These last teachers will not mince words with you, they can show you how to reach the real Teacher Within yourself quite easily. Once you become proficient in reaching inside knowingly, then you will be set on your own way, to explore it based on the directions it shows to you.

If I were to suggest a basic rule of thumb, it would be.. Feeling everything out to see how it feels to you.. the first step in getting in touch with the Inner/Higher You.

Linky in signature for further information if you are interested.. it's free.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Starting out.. you will be overwhelmed by the amount of information being offered today as Truth.

If I were to suggest a basic rule of thumb, it would be.. Feeling everything out to see how it feels to you.. the first step in getting in touch with the Inner/Higher You.

Yes that is great advise if something does not feel right go with your instincts

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by faaip

I'll try to help you out, but first please answer this:

Are you a young (under 30 years old) man who is NOT very religious?

I know the question may be a little strange, but please answer. If the answer is not a simply "Yes", then I kindly ask you to point out what part of the question is not "correct".

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
reply to post by faaip

I'll try to help you out, but first please answer this:

Are you a young (under 30 years old) man who is NOT very religious?

I know the question may be a little strange, but please answer. If the answer is not a simply "Yes", then I kindly ask you to point out what part of the question is not "correct".

Thank you.

Yes. that is a very good summary of who i am. why do you ask such a direct question

March+of+the+Fire+Ants - youtube video goes to a video about iraq and the military.. wrong link. either way, you comment really comforted me and i would like to read the link you intended to provide.

lanikai - i have heard of the starchildern, but as i am an adult i would not have thought myself to have a relation to them. for what purpose do you reference them?

Tayesin - that is the very problem i am having. no matter where i go for answers.. it always seems to be shrouded in something i need to buy or information that is just tainted by a gathering of bad information...i will check your link out too though.

i didnt expect such a positive response from people - thank you.- i honestly was feeling absolutely alone. i dont feel i belong when i walk down a street. kind of like when an animal goes into a territory its not meant to. cautious almost. it sounds stupid when i read back on it, but im compelled to leave this comment here, maybe its not that unusual.

edit on 13-12-2010 by faaip because: replying to all the posters.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sorry! Must have forgot to copy the link before pasting! Here you go, it's a big long thread but well worth the read!

By the sounds of it you've come to the right place! There are plenty of people in this forum who will be more than happy to help you out. As you progress you may want to try searching old ATS threads for ideas you come across, most things have been covered in a lot of detail here at some point!

You're not alone by the way. Your feelings of separation from the general population are something you have in common with almost everyone on ATS, one way or another! Smile, its good for you!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
As the years pass this part of you will ebb and flow, this need to break beyond the Self and find the keys that unlock our prison. Just yesterday I sat and had a full-blown fantasy/memory of awakening as an alien in an alien world; as quickly as I experienced this I found that my existence there was equally as perplexed as to this existence and what it means, then I was back and it all faded away.

It is about having Faith and believing so much that it Manifests itself into reality. If there is no answer but there is a dilemma the only recourse is to step back and let Spirit do its work; our job is to function as a witness of the Hidden Hand that surrounds us all, if only for our own Validation of Spirit, as we can best possibly recognize it. We may never fully understand it in this present form as our spectrum is so limited at the moment. No sense in trying to ask why as acceptance does play a part in the flow and the "why's" just get in the way. Self Acceptance for your participation in Creation might be the best wording; perhaps part of the answer is that this is the only way we can gain empathy for what exists outside of ourselves. Our disregard of action that causes pain and destruction can only be cured from within, so let Faith guide your decisions as you better place yourself in Bliss and Awe of our Existence in this Multiverse.

No one can tell you what step to take or how to take it; you simply eat intuitively and you breath intuitively and you live intuitively. Suddenly the differences in "goodness" and otherwise make themselves known. The only gracious path is the one where we accept our fate and embrace the goodness that surrounds us. Seems silly, but that is the big secret that everyone is trying to Capitalize on. Pain is Pleasure and Money is Happiness gets harder to swallow over time. You do not have to suffer to reach any level of Enlightenment, you do not have to pay to receive, just simply manifest your World around you. Just be careful and be specific in your creations and ward off the negative influences of others (the hardest part of all).

Glad to have read this Thread! It is nice to know that there are some still Awakening from Society; we all will eventually reach the Destination of our own Making.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Don't worry about why I asked... let's just say I "saw you without my eyes", but I wanted to make sure.

The information you seek is very important, but it is very hard to find the right approach, because despite the information be the same for everyone, not everyone "speaks" the same language, not everyone sees and understands the world in the same way.

For a religious person, we would have a different approach then - say - a 'science' person.
A woman is *usually* more emotional then a man, but this is NOT a rule.

There's no problem here, I'm just saying: in order to find out what you need, we have to find out what you are first.
There's no easier or harder way, there are just different ways, for different people.

Do you like science? Do you " trust" scientific knowledge / findings?

If so, I would like you ask you this:
How much do you know about the "Observer Effect" (physics)?

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by faaip

i guess what im trying to say is has anybody else really started to gravitate towards the inner self, the whole willing something to be, or just having ideas stick to your brain like they are the basis for your own beliefs, you just didnt know it?

There are lots people doing inner examination and experimentation on ATS. And this is good.

Of course, as Tayesin pointed out above, many people out there are merely fooling around, trying to either fool you or project their own expectations about nature of things upon you. Then there are those, who are honestly looking inside, and perhaps reporting their experiences for others merely because of sharing. I'd trust more those, than those who come casting some dogma onto your eyes.

We all are somewhat unique, so everyone has their own mountain to climb. It is just as Tayesin said, listen to your inner teacher.

-v

edit on 13-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 2345

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by faaip

First of all what makes you think that you will get sound answers on ATS? Secondly, what answers are you looking for? Are you asking these same questions anywhere else? If not then you know what answer you would like to hear.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Acknowledge the imagination is more then just random thoughts of the impossible. With that began to seek a better understanding of the imagination and question why its there. Is it really just some mind space taking location full of strange deities and happinings or potentially the gateway to other existing dimensional planes and access to our more spiritual selves. Also when interacting with your imagination keep in mind the potential that what your are intercting with may be reality again in different planes/realms... Good luck with your understanding.
edit on 12/13/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by faaip

Your questions are quite valid, and have merit. I once had such questions myself. A very wise woman once said, "If that which you SEEK is not found within yourself, then it will never be found." I happen to believe that, fully. Look inside for the answers you seek, your Inner Spirit is most powerful, and is divine in nature, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise. Have you read my thread here? It may help to answer a few of your questions.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If you seek Truth, it will find you.

If in quiet heart, you invite Truth in to your life, it will find you.

The path to Truth is littered with stumbling blocks. Don't let them discourage you! Even those that deceive you will only serve to deepen your understanding of your path to Truth.

May your journey be Blessed with Love.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by faaip

Soul is the essence of life, and life is spirit in action.
Looking in a dictionary on the word soul it says, the non-material part from which a human lives.
Looking at synonyms of soul, ghost and soul are in fact the vital principle of life through which we act.
afflatus, inspiration.
We are inspired, and that inspiration moves us, it makes us feel alive.
Soul is not the body, it is immaterial.
Spirit as aura can be seen, emergence, the mood, emanation.

So the question is, what is the inspiration that moves you?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by godddd

I don't think that was the answer the OP was looking for.

Please answer the questions you have already got back. There is no moving forward without getting more information.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
wow - thanks all for the responses.

amc621 - i guess i was gravitated towards it. i am in the mentality that surely someone else has felt the same way, and concidering this place is about open thought and alternative ideas, i thought it would be a good place to just shout out and ask what was on my mind without sounding too insane.

@Sator - i find that truely interesting. Mind boggling, almost. to answer your question, i do like science, and i trust scientific knowledge and findings, but i honestly seem to question as to why something science has proven works, always wanting to go deeper i guess. i have never heard of the observer effect, and i actually did study physics for around 2 years.

To all those who i didnt reply to, i did read your posts and found them fascinating!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by faaip

To all those who i didnt reply to, i did read your posts and found them fascinating!

Please bear in mind what has been said. All external "masters" want to abuse you or benefit from you somehow. Only your internal self, the immemorial part of all human beings, the archetype, can deliver what you seek.

Be careful with all kinds of gurus and teachers. You have all the answers inside: "Know thyself, and you shall know universe and it's god", is said to be written at the entrance at the temple of Delfoi.

-v
edit on 13-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 2345

top topics

<<   2 >>

join