It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This thread brought to you by.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

"Commercials are meant to make you think you are in great need of the product they present and try to make successful. As a means of communication, advertising does more than just giving information. It attempts to persuade people to buy all sorts of things and services belonging to a certain brand. The idea is to convince all potential customers to choose certain products. How do companies do that? Certainly by creating the so-called "brand image" which gives way to "brand loyalty". It most probably has something to do with giving people a somewhat feeling of identity, a sense of belonging. In order to achieve their purpose, commercials use a lot of psychological elements. Advertisements appear on all kinds of medium: magazines, cinema, newspapers, billboards, video games, Internet, so mostly everywhere. And advertising most often is done by an advertising agency for a certain company or any other organization."

"Hydrogen is the most abundant thing in the universe. Wanna know the second? Commercials!"

I got that from a geiko commercial I heard in the car ironic huh?

Every corporation has an agenda, to get money! They'll do this anyway they can! Corporations will tell you your not good enough until you have their product, they always want you to want something of theirs, there out to get money and if that includes misleading you to get it so be it!

'Understand that when you watch TV, brainwashing and mind control is constantly working against you as messages are being placed inside your mind that are conjured up at a later time, usually to get you to BUY SOMETHING.'
You must be aware that commercials are brainwashing you to think a certain way. The television constantly tells you that you're not good enough until you have a certain product. If you have the right car, all the chicks will dig you. If you have the right clothes, you'll get that next promotion. If you have the right watch, you'll get a date. If you have the right cell phone, your social status is immediately raised a few notches.

Commercials are brainwashing you to be in a constant state of 'wanting'. The companies behind all this want nothing but more of your money. Our society is one of incessant pursuit of more, more, more. People are always chasing happiness, never allowed to live in the present moment and to accept the idea (which is the TRUTH) that they're fine just the way they are."

www.truth-it.net...

Turn off your t.v. your being brainwashed everyday!

edit on 12-12-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The average American sheeple citizen is being brainwashed daily, and odds are they'll never know it!

Also I wouldn't be suprised if they still use subliminal messaging! Is it illegal? Yes! Do corporations care? No!

Our media has an agenda, and that agenda does not include free will and truth!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
While I agree it is important to connect all of the dots.

Corporations are not some giant on the side of a hill.

People run each and every one of them.

The war is the 'haves' versus the 'have nots'.

Choose.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

*this video contains language*

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

While I agree it is important to connect all of the dots.

Corporations are not some giant on the side of a hill.

People run each and every one of them.

The war is the 'haves' versus the 'have nots'.

Choose.

People run them because the people are the consumer yes. But that is why corperations feel the need to brainwash their consumer, because they are run by them!

As far as the haves and have not thing I agree 100%! The havenots are usualy just to uneducated to figure out that cycle!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

davespanners just sent this to me via u2. Thankyou for posting it publicly though!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
good thread RP, star and flag

People who don't think brainwashing can happen to them
should just consider if mass mind control didn't work they wouldn't spend billions a year
on advertising

A guy named Edward Bernaise is considered the father of spin.
He was Frued's nephew, and his is the guy that got women to smoke in the 50s,
and made bacon and eggs the all american breakfast.
He got americans to want WWll when before they did not.

Just thought I'd throw some links out there, in case anyone is interested in the basics of mass mind control.
and how they will see those tactics and be aware.

The Doors Of Perception:
Why Americans Will
Believe Almost Anything
www.rense.com...

Mass Mind Control
Through Network Television
Are Your Thoughts Your Own
www.rense.com...

MINDWARS
www.rense.com...

How The Banksters Ensured
US WWII Intervention
(How Americans Were Hoodwinked Once Again)
By Henry Makow, PhD
www.rense.com...
edit on 12-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I love Bill Hicks. I thought I might get banned for posting so many swears though

I am a little trapped on this subject (the trapped dollar, that's a big dollar)

A) I agree that marketing has a generally negative effect, and a lot of tactics used in it can be damaging, they attack your self image, make you feel inadequate and like there is something missing from your life if you don't buy a certain product. Being bombarded with that kind of message 24 hours a day can't be anything but bad for you

B) On the other hand I do actually sometimes work in what you could call marketing. I make flyers for clubs and I also make ads that appear in magazines (not huge ones but some with a quite respectable circulation) for small businesses

When I make the ads I am certainly never thinking about how I could make someone feel inadequate or bad about themselves, I'm just trying to make the product or service or event look as attractive as possible to someone who that product is targeted at and I'm just trying to get as much interest as I can for the person who wants the advert made

I've certainly never used subliminal messages or met anyone that does, although obviously I can't speak for the whole industry, I just kind of fell into it because I can produce things in photo shop extremely quickly and I met some people that wanted an advert made, it just went on from there

I'm confused over if I'm an evil marketing person or not. I'm certainly not rich so maybe I'm just bad at it

edit on 12-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Nice links Dan!

enjoyed reading them and just further backs up my opinion that the Media is pretty much evil

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

No I doubt your evil

I'm talking about commercials on t.v. the radio, movies, etc. The big money makers, corporations will tell you anything make money, anything! There not interested in the truth, there interested in money!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

i dont want to beat a dead horse.

People run corporations.

you make it sound like like it is alive by itself.

people run them.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

i dont want to beat a dead horse.

People run corporations.

you make it sound like like it is alive by itself.

people run them.

Even though in my reply to you I said that people DO run corporations, thats what I made it sound like I said it flat out in my post to you!

But what i'm saying is corporations know that they depend on the consumer so they'll do anything they can to lure you in to buying there product. Any way they can.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
just to add a thought about corporations

A judge just arbitrarily gave corporations the rights of a person but not the liabilities, I think in the late 1800s.
The people who run corporations are legally obliged to do what ever they can get away with to maximise profits.

How did Vioxx debacle happen

www.usatoday.com...

now vioxx is sponsering Muppets
as the Jesuits ( the mind control masters through the ages) say:
"give us a child till he is seven and he is ours for life"

they have advanced the science of mind control eons since that quote was spoken.

PS corporations do operate like an entity unto themselves
thats what corporate law is all about.
other variations on the theme are
cartels, governments like the corporation of the unted states of america, gangs like the hells angels...etc
edit on 12-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

People do indeed run corporations, but actually given a big enough corporation they do take on kind of a life of their own.
A company will have certain rules and traditions that have been in place for so long and are so ingrained that no one even thinks to question them, or if they did they would feel like they were rocking the boat.

I'm sure we have all worked in places where things have worked a certain way that seems either stupid or wrong to you but that you can;t do anything to change.

Even the CEO of a corporation is usually following on from someone else that followed of from someone else etc etc and is just carrying on the work from before. Also the bigger something is the harder it gets to change direction, it's like the difference between turning around an oil tanker compared to a speed boat

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Agreed, and a select few of corporations are not run by the people, like the millitary industrial complex, they do what they want!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

We are a capitalist society and the people with capital run it, and they happen to be corporations!

top topics

join