It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary experience with a three year old.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The title maybe misleading sorry about that, I'm kinda out of it so I don't want to dwell to long on a title name. I'm leaving on deployment monday morning at ten am and trying to do as much as possible before I leave. I am in the US Army and this will be my second deployment, first one was in Iraq back in 2004 during OIF II.

I don't know why I'm sharing this experience but I just felt I experienced a higher intelligence looking down on me taking care of me, let me explain.

Friday night I decided to go out with my friend to another friends house to go drink, it was the first time I actually finally got to hang out with this guy and it ended up being alot of people I worked with and have hung out with in the past show up. All in all it ended up being a good night, I got that final closure with alot of people I been meaning to hang out with.

But the main thing was my friends son, he was a three year old boy hanging around the house in his diaper. At first I thought he was alot younger and was like thats crazy alittle baby walking around.

I'm not a big drinker and this was really the first time in a long while I have drank a good amount and my friends around me were playing a game of kings cup. I didn't know how to play and was starting to feel sick so I sat back and observed the game. My friends little boy came and sat next to me and snuggled up, I figured because I was wearing a nice new soft north face fleece, and my other friends gf said he likes you.

Anyways I said I'm not feeling to well so I wasn't going to participate in the game, and the kid picked up on this and went out to the kitchen and got his mom to get me a glass of water and ice. He walked it back to the living room from the kitchen, climbed over two people and a pillow to get to me, on this big U shaped couch. Carrying this glass full to the brim with water and ice without spilling a drop.

He put out his little hand with this big glass to me and said here drink water and ice. Me being pretty messed up went and sniffed it and took a tiny sip because I had no idea what this little kid was trying to give me, I don't know if he went and grabbed this somewhere off the table. But then I realized it was water and that he reacted to me saying I wasn't feeling well.

So I took a few more drinks that made me feel better and shared the drink with him as he sat next to me. Seeing how small he was with this glass and looking at him just seemed so alien like to me. I know its kinda messed up to say but I just got this crazy feeling of a higher intelligence going on beyond my intelligence of twenty six years. As this is some kind of star child or whatever you call them. It was a very scary experience for me. I mean I have a niece thats 4 years old from my sister and I mean shes wonderful but I have never got that feeling from her, shes really smart and impresses me all the time but this kid really scared me.

Alittle afterwards people were still playing kings cup and the kid was eating a apple and it reminded me of that scene from Into the Wild where Alexander Supertramp was eating that apple on the bridge, and then the kid, he raised the apple into the air and screamed APPLE!! and then everyone around the table instantly responded APPLE!! Everyone holding that note for awhile as the kid did as well, it was very eclectic if thats the right word for it.

In the end we decorated the little silver christmas tree with my friend together hanging bulbs, I think this is the first time in my life where I've realized why people have children.

All in all it was a very magical experience and it seems children are a pure manifestation of a deity, until their subjectiveness corrupts them.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Very nice story..I think you really know now..why humans procreate
kudos to you, OP

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Drinking games and children don't mix.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
Drinking games and children don't mix.

I agree I felt bad for the child I said something about it, he seemed he was being neglected when he shoulda of been getting attention and love from family.
edit on 12-12-2010 by phiktion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Wonderful story.

I enjoyed it a lot.

Be careful and thoughtful on your deployment. I'd like to read a new story of you when you get back.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

good luck out there soldier. as for the child, hes a natural empath. he would have good success in jobs where people skills matter. or he could be encouraged to open up with the insight and so something really special with it like showbusiness, or psychic-related.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Kids are smarter than grownups sometimes.
I don't think one would ever volunteer for an unjust war for example.

Only "grownups" do stuff like that.

Good luck to you mate.
Just remember, there are kids over there too where you will be making war.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
duplicate

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Good luck to you mate.

Trust me I don't want to be exerting americas foreign policy onto other nations, I spent alot of time with Iraqis enjoying a lunch together every day that they brought to work when I was guarding them and shared many days of conversations with a member of the Bagdad city council and businessman. I never met an Iraqi I didn't like, most of the people killing over there were revenge killings from us killing a family member of theirs or people coming from other countries to kill Americans. I am still doing it as its all I really know since I joined when I was 17, I tried making a living as a civilian making websites for about 4 years outside of the army but I was drawn back in, maybe from just what has been pounded into my head from the times at the 82nd airborne and being in combat, normalcy was very hard for me to adjust to in the civilian life and I couldn't hold a job down for more than 6 months at a time, so I am back doing something I really don't want to do but do it as its a way for me to continue this confusing life.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Three seems kinda old to still be wearing diapers. So not that advanced then...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
lovely story .
however i think a lot of peeps posting responces have missed the whole point if the thread.
whetheremdrinking games and kids mix or whether the child is too old for nappies is irrelevant.
i blieve the op was pointing out the purity and almost genius like inteligence children seem to posses.
this leading to an almost spiritual awakining of his sences and a profound realisation of family values and why we as a species have children.
i have 2 of my own aged 2 and 4 years. i too have seen and heard the sometimes profound comments or actions of children.
if only we could carry that into adult hood instead of being tainted by the sometimes ugly and awfull world we occupy.

take care on active duty my friend i also have family and friends out there doing a very hard job.(whethere i agree with it or not)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by phiktion

Originally posted by wayno

Good luck to you mate.

Trust me I don't want to be exerting americas foreign policy onto other nations, I spent alot of time with Iraqis enjoying a lunch together every day that they brought to work when I was guarding them and shared many days of conversations with a member of the Bagdad city council and businessman. I never met an Iraqi I didn't like, most of the people killing over there were revenge killings from us killing a family member of theirs or people coming from other countries to kill Americans. I am still doing it as its all I really know since I joined when I was 17, I tried making a living as a civilian making websites for about 4 years outside of the army but I was drawn back in, maybe from just what has been pounded into my head from the times at the 82nd airborne and being in combat, normalcy was very hard for me to adjust to in the civilian life and I couldn't hold a job down for more than 6 months at a time, so I am back doing something I really don't want to do but do it as its a way for me to continue this confusing life.

My God my heart goes out to you. You are a victim of that war machine as much as the people over there. I truly hope that you get thru this stint without having to do things you don't want to, and then find a path towards success in civilian life. Others have done it and I hope that you are able to as well. Be safe.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

May you be called upon to do no evil and may you be a friend in a loyal unit.

This little child demonstrated to you the only religion that matters:
"Inasmuch as you do to/for the least of these, my children, you do also unto me."

We all have the great spirit within us.
Sometimes it shines more clearly than others.
Sometimes our eyes are less blind than others.

Looking into my first child's eyes as I sat up and pulled her out of me, I swear she knew all at that time.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Very interesting story on many levels ... as someone else mentioned this child is a natural born empath and he saw something in you ... a light !

Take care to keep that light burning friend ... you may have more than the immediate job at hand to take care of.

Woody

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I find your story very moving and can only say that your experience of this child's perceptions just prior to your tour in Iraq are poignant to me.

In 1885, Leo Tolstoy wrote a short story The Wisdom of Children, about the nature of forgiveness and the absurdity of adults who refuse to acknowledge it.

'If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,' Nikka - age 6

Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child. The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbour, the little boy said, 'Nothing, I just helped him cry'

I googled the wisdom of childrenand found those quotes above in a blog.

What are American soldiers doing in Iraq? There were no WMD, Saddam has been impeached and executed and now Iraqi's are fighting amongst themselves over who should be in charge. And all the while, American parents dread their son's and daughters coming home in a box. Is there a point?

edit on 12/12/2010 by teapot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Phiktion, first of all, I personally appreciate you taking your turns on the wall. Thanks for your service.

It might be interesting upon your return to visit the child again.

After all, they have an uncanny ability to cut through the veils and cut right to the chase.

No other catharsis like a child.

Especially one you obviously connected with.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Keep your head down bro and come home safe

God bless

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

All in all it was a very magical experience and it seems children are a pure manifestation of a deity, until their subjectiveness corrupts them.

Right on. We come from where we go back to. It's not only subjectiveness that corrupts them, it's having to buy into all the trappings of the 3-D world, which isn't nearly as real as we'd like to think it is. Many kids show a preternatural sense like that because they are closer to the space we came from and haven't gotten the sensitivity beaten out of them. Good luck and energy to you on your deployment.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The ability of a child to sense agony in any form, is amazing. They just know.

Luke 18:15-17

[15] People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have him touch them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. [16] But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. [17] I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My nephew is 3. I get the same feeling.

I am with him 24/7 laity, his mom, my sister, is very busy with school and work so I take care of him.

Smart kid, so smart, I might start saying "smart guy". All week he has been taking his toys and wrapping them to give them to people everyone he knows. And boy, can he remember who hes met!

I live in a building, so we see lots of people coming up and down the stairs. He always says "hello, what's your name?" then responding with "Nice to meet you, I am Ethan!" than he would go on to introduce me. Not sure where he got that from, television, of if its just good character. But laity hes just been getting more and more polite.

Hes a little blond hair, blue eyed boy. His two front teeth are chipped due to his enjoyment of running around corners with socks and sliding. Although I can say that was my fault for letting, and joining in with him.

Yep, I know what you mean. Sometimes he goes on talking about stories, some seem like something he could have picked up from somewhere and is just repeating, but who knows. One story was about war with sand, but hes seen my brother play Modern warfare and whatnot, so thats my first assumption. I wondered if it could be like those other kids retelling their "past lives", but in this case skepticism is abundant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join