It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama leaves Bill Clinton to take the reigns at press conference.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This is kinda wierd. lol. At least Clinton understands the fractional reserve system. Not sure what Obama feels about this, he seems kinda agitated or something.

edit on 11-12-2010 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I saw the drudge report about this. very interesting. personally, i'm hoping that obama decides to ditch the tax cuts. we need an estate tax, and we need to let the bush-era tax cuts expire. wtf? we have no money anymore. of course we need to make sacrifices....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Another ATS thread on this here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

I like you and agree with most of what you say, but I hate the idea of an estate tax. My grampa worked from a shoe shine boy to be a millionaire in real estate. You wouldn't even know he was a millionaire cause he didn't spend his money at all. When he died half of it went to these corrupt asses in washington. Not sure I agree with it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashingtonGrewHemp

I saw the drudge report about this. very interesting. personally, i'm hoping that obama decides to ditch the tax cuts. we need an estate tax, and we need to let the bush-era tax cuts expire. wtf? we have no money anymore. of course we need to make sacrifices....

Lets tax income again that has already been taxed 5 times hehe.... Those damn rich how dare they keep money... Maybe if Obama and Co. didn't spend trillions we would not be so bad off. Why is it that so many seem to feel our countrie's woes are based on the upper class not paying enough? How much does it cost anyways to be an American? For about 50% to 70% of the nation it is rather cheap for them though ...lol

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

We will be WILLING to make sacrifices WHEN they reign in their spending. Until then, why bother as it is futile. Tax and spend more than is taxed... Tax more? and more?

How about stop the unnecessary spending?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Fair enough, granted I don't fully understand the social implications of a policy that only affects the richest 1%, but I'd like to learn more about what people across all tax brackets consider to be fair tax policy. It would be nice if we were able to work together to restart American independence and end our now Eastern-based financial obligations. I think the European central banks should be kicked out of America, as they clearly don't work. And according to recent Wikileaks, over half of the bailout money from 2008 went to overseas European banks, which should not be forgotten. I read it on the drudgereport...try finding that info now...only a week later...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I think people (at least in my tax bracket) are a little skeptical of the new tax plan because it allows the Bush-era tax cuts to be renewed and continues a trend of relying on middle-income families for the majority of funds. Don't get me wrong, I realize that most of our taxes go towards meaningless projects that would be better off non-existent, but until we address key issues like funding Israel, European banks getting our support without our knowledge, etc., we need to reconsider the current trend.

I'm open for suggestions on how things can be made right, but it won't be easy.
edit on 12-12-2010 by WashingtonGrewHemp because: extra letter

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

The current trend is to spend, thinking that credit is natural and a part of our economy (yet this mindset leads to folly, as we have seen). The only way to curb this perception is to encourage individual savings, yet, if inflation gets out of control, then what is personal savings even worth in real dollars?

We need to address the concept of taxes in a public forum somewhere, because, although I think it is unfair for the wealthy to be taxed more for the same government benefits, we're in a situation right now where we have no independence from European and Asian financial plans, and some sort of cooperative effort among Americans across social categories is needed desperately. Sanders filibustering for 9 hours may seem out of line, but I understand why he's doing it.

I don't know what to think.

I think that chaos is coming in mid January.

The timewave zero thing is about to get real low around January 15th...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
WWWWWEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Thump!!!!! Bullet from one mile away. Only your hopes and prayers will get it there. Pray hard. LOL+

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

edit on 12/12/2010 by centurion1211 because: moved post to the other thread.

new topics

top topics

join