It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile X-Ray Vans Spark Contriversy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I can't even imagine the radiation that comes out of one of these things. The people driving these vans can't be very safe.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Cop:Sir it seems you have a knife in your trunk.
You:What are you talking about?
Cop:We x-ray'd your vehicle while you were driving home.
You
o you have any right to do that?
Cop:Sir do not resist arrest
You:Wait what? You didn't even charge me with anything!

*Cop takes you out of your car and cuffs you*

You:You have no right to do this! You didn't even charge me!
Cop:Sir do not resist arrest

Later on you go on to say that the knife was for fishing, that was with your fishing gear,
But you're marked as a terrorist.

I think this is going to have a good implementation for the future!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This made me sick to my stomach. We need to take back our freedom and our lives. Freedom means choice. One should be able to choose whether or not they want anyone knowing what they are carrying in their pockets. Privacy is a right and choice given to us by our constitution.

To pull a line from "Dark Knight" when a forest grows to wild, a fire is the only way to clear it out and start fresh. (not the exact quote but you get my drift)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They have been doing this to people in their homes for a while too. It's a way to watch everything you do all the time. It's a way to monitor political "adversaries" 24/7 watching for something they can arrest you for, or something they can build upon to arrest you.

Never mind the cancer. Nothing to see here. Just keep walking.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
We should all pick up one of these:

www.grainger.com...

edit on 12/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This is *really* scary for numerous reasons.

1) It is illegal to search someone without probable cause, and scanning random people is NOT probable cause.
2) X-rays are not good for your health. For instance, when I got my jaw X-rayed recently by my dentist so that he could prepare for my wisdom tooth extraction, I wore a full chest and groin X-ray protector, and the rays weren't even pointed at those areas. I do NOT want to be X-rayed without my consent or knowledge. And considering the range of a van to a pedestrian, versus the tiny distance between my jaw and the dentist's x-ray machine, that van has to be putting out a LOT of power.
3) Privacy issues. These are essentially the same arguments as the scanners in the airports, but most people don't want strange people looking at their genitalia or whatever. Personally, I don't care about this point, but I have a huge issue against points #1 and #2.

People on ATS are always talking about 'the police state', and this, in my opinion, is one of the most dangerous steps in that direction yet taken. (The only worse one I can think of being the idea of microchipping people)
edit on 12-12-2010 by DragonsDemesne because: expanded point 2, adding the 2nd sentence for it

top topics

join