It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flouride

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Very glad someone mentioned the benefits of topical application! Now we're getting somewhere with these grey lines!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
reply to post by SystemResistor

All or most bottled water is fluoridated as well. The only way to avoid it is through well water, or through buying a fluoride filter. Bottled water instead has BPA's and chemicals that leach into your water from the plastic process, pick your poison.

Or move to Scotland...our water isnt Fluoridated yet, although they are pushing for it, it still hasnt occurred yet. Englands water is but thankfully ours isnt yet...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
WOW! thats interesting! babys taking flouride for teeth that havnt even formed yet* in other words, the CDC is saying its good in thier minds, for gums* without knowing it sounds like they dont know what thier talking about to me.
ive noticed, when i use natural toothpastes, i feel so much more energetic, and clear consious. when i use fluoride toothpate, i get migraines, dizzy, poorly thought out thoughts and run down. then agian i am very sensitive too* could be im sensitive enough to detect things like this.
I suppose if someone emailed colgate or proctor and gamble aka crest* and the others theyd all say the same thing* its good for your teeth! rather than the lab rtechnician thier at least reluctanlty saying psst its bad for you* that would be interesting

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PFdiddy

I would have to agree. And who decides to so things like that?

Medical professionals who have spent a lot of time studying and doing research to get to the level that they're at
edit on 13/12/2010 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

We are not misled. We all know fluoride is good for your teeth. Why do these professionals not promote the benefits of topical application, as this is why it is good for our teeth if we stop to think

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

True but most of the time that's not a feasible option moving to another country. Feasibility just drink your tap water and buy a fluoride filter. Bottled water is much more harmful.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
Or move to Scotland...our water isnt Fluoridated yet, although they are pushing for it, it still hasnt occurred yet. Englands water is but thankfully ours isnt yet...

Actually in England the decision to add fluoride is made by the regional Strategic Health Authorities (SHA), not at a national level - and even in SHAs that boost the level, it is often a bit random whether your supply has extra added. Most SHAs do not add fluoride to the water supply, although a number of water supplies have naturally occuring fluoride levels at the level recommended by dentists.

source

This seems to be a point missed by the conspiracy theorists - flouride occurs naturally in water supplies at various concentrations, sometimes quite high.

There is a valid debate to be had about mass "medication" of the water supply, however there isn't a shred of scientific evidence that flouride "pacifies" people, or effects their mental health in any way.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

In many places fluoride is added to water. If it naturally occurs, then why. Just as with everything you put into your body, it has an effect noticeable or not. In many places fluoride is added to water. If it naturally occurs, then why. Anybody got any ritalin, I drank alot of red cool aid as a child

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PFdiddy

In many places fluoride is added to water. If it naturally occurs, then why. Just as with everything you put into your body, it has an effect noticeable or not. In many places fluoride is added to water. If it naturally occurs, then why.

Sorry, I thought I was clear, and it does say why in the paper I attached. They add extra to boost the concentration to a level where it will make a difference to dental health.

Anything below 0.3ppm will probably have no effect - the dental association in the UK says 1ppm is ideal - some water supplies meet this naturally, some are boosted on request of the local Health Authority and most are just left as they are at levels

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

In many places fluoride is added to water. If it naturally occurs, then why. Just as with everything you put into your body, it has an effect noticeable or not. In many places fluoride is added to water. If it naturally occurs, then why.

Sorry, I thought I was clear, and it does say why in the paper I attached. They add extra to boost the concentration to a level where it will make a difference to dental health.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Topical application or BS? I conclude poisoning.

Ehh, what?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Then dental benefits of fluoride come from topical application. The fluoride touching the teeth. Not form ingestion.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Then dental benefits of fluoride come from topical application. The fluoride touching the teeth. Not form ingestion.

That's not true. There is an enormous amount of evidence to support the assertion that fluoridated water supplies lead to improved dental health. The paper below has a good summary, including links at the bottom to all the big studies:

www.bma.org.uk...

including the biggest review by York University:

www.york.ac.uk...
edit on 13/12/10 by FatherLukeDuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I still wonder about this, sure fluoride is good for teeth, lets say, either by topical application (brushing teeth) or ingestion (drinking fluoridated water). The question is, how much and how often would it be required. Could they sell it in little packets, so we could mix it with our own water - no, because its poison. I think that the original purpose for fluoridation was concealed, and the idea that it is good for the teeth might be true, but could most likely be a kind of cover-up or "explanation" for the true purpose of it. Over the years, the cover of "dental health" has kind of snowballed into a regularly accepted notion, true, but not the truth behind the intent originally behind fluoridation.

Apparantley, fluoride was one of the key ingredients in the preparation of atomic bombs: From the article:

"Much of the original proof that fluoride is safe for humans in low doses was generated by A-bomb program scientists, who had been secretly ordered to provide "evidence useful in litigation" against defense contractors for fluoride injury to citizens. The first lawsuits against the U.S. A-bomb program were not over radiation, but over fluoride damage"

www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I 've found lately that I like to brush my teeth with a sip of blue Listerene. It doesn't say on the bottle that it has fluoride in it and it seems to freshen breath much more effectively than tooth paste.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

That's it my friend. It boils down to this. Where does the motivation come from? Do you blindly trust? Are you another victim? It amazes me how masses of people will talk for hours.

There's study's to back anything up. Even that fluoride makes you complacent

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

There's study's to back anything up. Even that fluoride makes you complacent

Oh really? Do share please.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have 23 page booklet I am going to scan end of next week (when when i'm off work) and I am going to post it up.
I found it in a 2nd hand book store. I was printed back in 1965 and is full of articles written by doctors and health professions against Fluoridation of water.

Also I read somewhere on the first page of this thread a couple post about fluoride in bottled water.
Fluoride is a natural occurring mineral in the ground and is ok to drink (from what I have read and understand)and will be in some bottled water. (some bottled water is not natural Fluoride and has been added)
However
Sodium Fluoride is a bi-product of aluminium and that is what is used in a our tap water and tooth paste and that is bad for you.
edit on 14/12/2010 by wycky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
Sodium Fluoride is a bi-product of aluminium and that is what is used in a our tap water and tooth paste and that is bad for you.
edit on 14/12/2010 by wycky because: (no reason given)

Once the Sodium Flouride is disolved in water it will dissassociate into component elements - so you will end up with flouride ions - these flouride ions are exactly the same as the flouride ions that occur naturally in water supplies. The original compound makes no difference.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
FatherLukeDuke,

Do you understand what Technical Grade Fluoride is?

Non refined, non-medical grade. Pull up the MSDS and take a look at it.

THAT is what is used in Public Water Systems. Naturally occurring fluoride is in no way shape or form the same chemical composition as Technical Grade Fluoride.

Technical Grade Fluoride is a byproduct/waste material collected by a certain company from their operations and it ALSO contains other trace elements/impurities as listed on the MSDS sheet. It's not safe for human consumption.

Governments are using it to quell their populaces...lowers crime and keeps yer citizens from thinking due to it's Toxicity. Just go to the Wikipedia page and read the Toxicity chapter, it's cited with references for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join