It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks protests in Spain over Julian Assange arrest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Just like when people knee jerk and agree with the government when they charge some one with a crime. Even though its been proven time and time again that governments lie to us all the time. oh Im sorry, that is what this whole mess is about.

The government hasn't charged anyone with a crime, as far as I'm aware.

The Swedish police want to speak to him in relation to an offence that he's been accused of.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bun-G
He may be guilty he may not be guilty, the evidence is flimsy at best, but why is it that a man who turned himself in, on allegations of rape is not granted bail, when a man arrested with allegations of hiring hitmen to murder his wife on honeymoon (Been all over uk press recently) is granted bail.

That alone should show the only reason for his arrest warrant is politically motivated.

I'm not sure. Bail is granted in a case-by-case basis, so I don't think you can say that someone who is being accused of one crime is being granted bail, while someone accused of another isn't.

You'd have to ask the judge why he hasn't granted Assange bail.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gnostician

Well it's hard to know whether he's a reasonable suspect or not, due to the nature of the crime he's being accused of.

I imagine only he and the lady in question would be aware of whether he was protected or not.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bun-G

He wasn't accused of rape, and everything about the case itself smells. Throws the case out immediately, then brings it back again for unstated reasons(political pressure) assange says he will return of his own volition, Swedish authorities ignore him and go through interpol and make a song and dance about the whole situation etc etc It's would almost be comical if it wasn't so effective...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join