It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do finds of ancient evidence get buried totally while ridiculously impossible histories get play

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hmmmm...any one want to go on a road trip to Manitloulin to check out these mines?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Membership drive....
Secreted into a non discriminate post is this....
An invitation for the truly informed. There are those that participate and those that observe the partipants. Then there are observers that participate by analysis and comment. Hence the Founders of the Enlightened Order of the Genesis.
Seeking the following:
1.) Membership requirements
2.) Bylaws
3.) Vision Statement
4.) Leadershp Structure
5.) Mission and goals
6.) Individual statements of consideration

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWanderingSpirit
Hmmmm...any one want to go on a road trip to Manitloulin to check out these mines?

You looked outside!!?? What are you, Canadian? Actually, for 30-odd bucks you can order Pat Julig's book, and it will tell you a lot more than you can see by poking around. I'm tempted myself.

Lee took a beating for his assertions, and the story would be a much better one if he'd been right and vindicated after all. Truth appears to be he was wrong, but it took a great deal of modern science to sort it out. In the end, change needs to be based on ironclad truths. Dillehay proved that persistence and a sealed context can pay off, but it's a battle.

As to ooparts, they are fascinating and entertaining, but they are no proof of anything unless they live up to some pretty stringent standards. Common sense tells you there's a reason for that. Still...as a jumping off point for serious research? Why not!
edit on 11-12-2010 by JohnnyCanuck because: of a need for clarity

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Why not? I'm only a hop, skip, and a short boat ride away!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWanderingSpirit

Why not? I'm only a hop, skip, and a short boat ride away!

Well...maybe come spring. Try me then.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is the corrupt world we live in folks... best thing you can do is turn the TV off and do your own research

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Supposedly the bones of giant humans have been discovered across the world. Occasionally pictures will pop up, but having never seen them in person, I have to admit they could be shopped images. It would make sense that there were once giants though. The "myth" is found in almost every culture and religion. Also wouldn't surprise me if there was a coverup of the findings, considering how thoroughly supressed the books of Enoch and Jubilees were.

Another strange alleged finding, was ancient Phoenician writing in America. If that find is genuine, it would be the first evidence I've seen to support Mormonism.
edit on 12-12-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

no where in your link JC does it say people were not there before the glaciers
the glacial line is south of manitoulin
duh
people would have to leave while the place was covered in ice

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

yes order his book JC
Instead of IMAGINING what it says then you might actually quote it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

go ahead harte
debunk every item on that list or by default as long as one remains not proven a hoax
your statement remains false
I'LL say again.....
naww you read me the first time.
perhaps the bible is more your speed
edit on 12-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I just clicked on the link for the out of place artifacts and checked out one of the images which was a drawing showing 'an example of unspecified metal forms...... dated to be at least 4.1 billion (yes, that's billion) years old'

Really? No, sorry, I mean really?????

Surely this doesn't even make it to urban myth territory.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Please check out my post about the BIGGEST hole in the current theory of human evolution located here on a convenient ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still believe in evolution, but as far history goes, this is one of the biggest mysteries of human history.

Looking forward to hear your take on it...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
One big reason for the resistance to change in the tenets of mainstream Archeology is that it's a scientific discipline in which many have maintained long careers based on those very tenets. Some are engaged in lengthy grant- or privately-funded research, all of which could come to a screeching halt with a large enough change in the paradigm(s) upon which such research is based.

For many of these people, we're talking about a life's work (not to mention the financial support) coming to zilch if it was found to be based on flawed beliefs about an area of our past. Scientists being human, this inspires a resistance to new ideas, even if there is proof, at least, that an idea merits further research, based on what's been found.

There's also a lot of power in the concept "Don't be silly, everyone knows it happened this way!"

One of the problems with Archeology, IMO, is that there seems to be no room for an interdisciplinary approach, to the point that archeologists will scoff at contrary evidence which their own training & experience leaves them ill-prepared to evaluate. Off the top of my head, Linguistics & Epigraphy (the study of stone inscriptions) are 2 such areas.

One aspect of this issue that I've found to be endlessly fascinating is the theory that the Americas were visited periodically, & possibly colonized to a limited extent, by various groups of people from parts of Europe, Africa, & the Middle East, over a period of several thousand years before Columbus was even born.

This idea is based on the mounting evidence presented by the combination of inscriptions left in stone, remaining stone structures, origins of some words & phrases in Native American languages, and collected narratives of Native American lore, all of which seem to indicate prolonged visits from various foreign sources.

If you add up the info from Archaeology, Epigraphy, Linguistics, & Anthropology, you get a very different picture of the past history of the North American continent. Some very good reading for anyone who might be interested in learning more:

The Search For Lost America by Salvatore Michael Trento (1978)

America B.C. by Barry Fell (1989)

In Plain Sight (1998) by Gloria Farley

Columbus Was Last (1992) by Patrick Huyghe

Trento's book may be hard to find these days, but is totally fascinating, & the one that got me started following this subject. Barry Fell & Gloria Farley also wrote of their own research, while Huyghe's book is an excellent, highly detailed summary of various avenues of research & findings in this area.

edit on 12/12/10 by BuzzCory because: Fixed spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
oh Jonnhy
as to the copper mine....

Evidence of mining an ancient quartzite quarry, Manitoulin Island, Ontario.
A Chronology of
Minerals Development in Canada
dsp-psd.pwgsc.gc.ca...

The copper occurs as chalcocite, bornite, covellite, cuprite, and malachite, in quartzite

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

the list is a list of claimed anomolies
you have several hundered left to debunk
I only need one that you don't
get on it
time is a wastin.

ps
you did notice the thread title?
Why do finds of ancient evidence get buried totally while ridiculously impossible histories get play

edit on 12-12-2010 by Danbones because: PS

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

my GUESS on that Washington
monkeys traveled the same way the coc aine in the Egyptian mummies travelled...
by boat

how do monkeys get around to day?
how did they get into space?
( and they have been to space...before man was even)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

thanks for the links Buzz
I agree with you
like the book JC mentioned writen by lee's son regarding Manitoulin:
After what happpened to his father
does anyone really think he would publish ANTI dogma?
and get trashed too?

naw
It'll take more then that to debunk
edit on 12-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I just found a pretty good site that gives quite a bit of detailed info related to the findings & books in my previous post. It can be found here.
Included is more information on the ancient copper mines found in parts of Michigan.

What's particularly interesting about the mines is that estimations have been done by mining engineers about how much copper had been removed from them. The estimates were based on the remaining amount of copper still present, or ore removal statistics in the case of mines that were worked again in contemporary times.
What was found is that the majority of the quantity of copper apparently removed from these mines is not found in the archeological record of North America. For this reason, it's speculated that one possible explanation for this may be the exportation of the copper back to whatever country the miners were from.

The Search For Lost America is one book among several that mention this in detail.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Danbones very interesting link and thread.S+F for you.

I haven't done much research on the subject,it's in my plans to start one,but so far the so called out of place artifacts i don't believe that they are out of place.
The age of the earth has been determined to be 4.54 billion years.The first era to have geologic record is Archeozoic Era (4500-1500 million years ago).That lives a huge gap between the creation of earth and the first record we have(or at least that we know of).What i'm trying to say during those "missing" billion years a lot could have happened.Entire civilazations could have been born and wiped out.Perhaps more technologically advanced than we are or even in the same level as we are now.
I don't know if there is a conspiracy in hiding a history like that(IF it exists) or any evidence has been destroyed by the passing of the billions of years or perhaps these civilazations chose to destroy any evidence of their existence when they faced extinction and only a few things survived.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

the list is a list of claimed anomoliesyou have several hundered left to debunk
I only need one that you don't
get on it
time is a wastin.

What gives you the right to adopt such a snarky tone, and demand that other posters go do work for you? You are the one making extraordinary claims, so maybe it should be you that should do some work and prove convincingly that just one of these so-called anomalies actually is what it claims it to be, rather than linking to a long list of dubious claims and demanding other people debunk it.

However if your scientific research skills resemble your typing ability, I won't be holding my breath, waiting for your remarkable discoveries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join