It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why WIKI LEAKS and all of their supporters are dangerous

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

PATRICK MARTIN

55 WEST BULLARD AVE

FRESNO CA 93612

6023***** I'm not that dumb

But the government already has all that stuff. And your point is invalid because freedom of information does not apply to private citizen. It applies to our government because we gave them the power. We pay their salaries. We pay ridiculous taxes so they can buy jumbo jets and rent out the Taj Majal for a week.

Trying to apply transparency of government to transparency of a private citizen is impossible as a citizen pays for his own way in life. The government makes their money off of our backs, and our hands, and our sweat. In the end my personal information means little to any one that chooses to steal it. I have nothing that they want in regards to material objects, cars or even much money... I'm afraid a criminal would be quite displeased with my bank account.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Do you understand that you represent the United States, as a citizen? You support all these horrid, war mongering ideals presented by our government whether polls, votes- whatever are real, just by proxy of being a U.S. citizen.

Do you not understand why other countries denigrate US citizens? By our constitution, supposedly we support what our government is doing. WE have the power to stop this, yet we do not.

What is so bad about the truth that a man should be murdered for representing it? If the US government were so on the up and up then they should not care what information is 'leaked' about them. They would be honest and who-gives-a-snip-about it.
edit on 10-12-2010 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

Originally posted by lpowell0627
WikiLeaks is a publisher. They have done nothing but abide by First Amendment Rights.

The criminal in this is the person [Manning] or persons that provided the information to WikiLeaks. They are the criminals, the thieves, the dangerous ones, etc.

Substitute WikiLeaks for NYT and I guarantee most objections would cease. The difference is that the NYT has the history behind it whereas Wikileaks is new. When the NYT released the Pentagon Papers, most people cheered. This is very similar to that.

The real danger in all of this is the apparent inability of our government to keep its secrets secret. Doesn't it bother you that a government that stores private information about every citizen in this country in some massive library -- is so easily breached? That we spend trillions upon trillions in security only to have a low level private take more than a quarter million documents?

That is the real crime.

Let me ask you and every other "open Society" person a question...

I would like to post your address, phone number, social security number, bank account numbers. I you don't give them to me I will steal them. I deserve to know what you are doing.

Are you still sure about this line of "Ist amendment" line of thinking?

What a complete ludicrous response, as "Lpowell" is not an elected government official. But hey you already knew that. You are officially trolling now, I'm out of here.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
You left wing anarchists attack Prince Charles and his wife. He is one of YOU! He hates America and industry. He talks to his plants for Gods Sake.

Please don't make the commie TPTB propaganda here. First of all, not the WikiLeaks supporters attacked Charles and Camilla. There were great protests in London because of a quite different reason (Check the news. WikiLeaks has not a single connection to it at all.). Charles and Camilla were attacked by provocateurs, presumably paid provocateurs in London. I was in similar protest / riots in 2006 and 2007 and the TPTB is always paying some people to make attacks on the police to then, the police have the right to take out the peaceful protesters. The same happened yesterday in London. Charles and Camilla unfortunately got into the crossfire as the paid provocateurs attacked them.

And you need stopped.

That won't happen. Don't count on it.

BTW. Trying to tell us what should we do is not a winning idea with a name which has the word "manager" in it.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

So the Government already has that information. What if YOUR personal information was what Wikileaks was posting? It should have been right there on the computers along with the stuff Wikileaks is posting.

Personally I have no problem with Wikileaks. My concern is the people who are leaking the information to Wikileaks. If you think that a Homosexual Private First Class has access to this type and amounts of classified data, you are pretty stupid. I want to know who is REALLY giving Wikileaks it's information. I want to know their motivation and goals in doing this. I want to know with all of this information being leaked, there is absolutely no trace of 9-11 being an inside job.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

i'm not a leftwing anything. i pay my taxes. i go to work. i have a family. i'm an american.

i deserve to know what my hard earned money is being used for. i deserve to know what those i elect to represent me at home and around the world do with that money, what they are doing with the image of the country i live in. we deserve to know everything except troop movements and intel sources' names.

remember when the cia did this ? when they do things like this they aren't protecting us or serving our interests. they are making it less safe for us at home and abroad. who knows they may even still be doing research projects like mkultra while veiling it under "national security". they could be doing it to you and you wouldn't even know. do you think you deserve to be experimented on without your permission or even knowledge?? this is just one aspect of why secrecy in government is never a good thing. we're supposed to be a nation of the people , for the people and by the people. not a nation of scared rats told what to do by their loving overlords.

secrecy leads to atrocity. simply because they can do anything to anyone anywhere "just because" under national security. peoples lives are ruined, ended, and made a living hell because people like yourself think "we don't need to know".

maybe you should think about that next time you want to call those who demand transparency "dangerous"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join