It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Target: US Senate Website.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Next Target: US Senate Website.

www.theatlantic.com

After hitting Paypal, Mastercard, and Visa, pro-WikiLeaks forces may hit the United States Senate website with a denial-of-service attack next.

According to a poll set up by the ad-hoc group, Operation Payback, the Senate could be their next target. It leads voting ahead of Re-attacking Mastercard, Re-attacking Visa, Sarah Palin's website, and Authorize.net. Out of a total of 1179 votes cast (as of 5:22 pm), 445 of them went to attacking the Senate website.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I believe ANON has hit whitehouse.gov and such sites in the past, but none of had a direct message in relation too.

Seems more and more people out there are finding out about the infowar daily, and are choosing sides... Not only sides, but what "rank" they want to be and how far they are willing to go with either informing other friends/familys/coworkers or actually part taking in these network attacks.

Hmmm...

www.theatlantic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Anonymous has also just sent out a press release stating a change in tactics:

blog.networqscience.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
oh the new tactic sounds much more interesting ,and I would wager that it will gain them much more popularity across the globe than ddos attacks on websites ,which actually only piss off the innocent folks and gives much more speaking power to all those Internet police and censorship propagators .. So I would say , go go Anon , and lets see what kind of crispy leaks you get out ;]
edit on 10/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhnsmth
Anonymous has also just sent out a press release stating a change in tactics:

blog.networqscience.com...

Very good idea, and something we can all do.

As for the OP, I'd vote for the Senate site next, if only just to see if they can. I find all this fascinating to watch.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
AWESOME!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I love how easily people jump onto the "it's awesome" bandwagon without thinking things through. I should hope that you all realize that there are a bunch of 16 - 30 year olds controlling the Internet. Right now, they are after the "bad guy" so we all cheer.

What happens when something they don't like -- but WE do -- happens? What rights are we going to lose in the process of our governments trying to protect themselves and their secrets? What new -- and costly -- measures are going to be put in place to "ensure the safety of the Internet?" What regulations are going to put in place in order to curtail hacking?

Do I think it's "cool" that a 16 year old kid can wreak havoc on the US government and their web site? Yes, I actually do. But I am not so naive as to think this isn't the perfect segue into a controlled Internet environment.

The more this group speaks and acts, the more I am beginning to think: hidden agenda of the non-Assange type.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Wrong.

It is definitely awesome that via the internet even the littlest nerd on the planet can take a jab at the system. Further more, this is about the 37th thread that is about the subject. THE MORE THE BETTER.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
this is good news
with the larger audience engaged with this new information
in a manner that can freely circulate on email
and become a social tool for understanding what the implications are
of each of these leaks is. the general non alt media peeps will email the cable, utube and animated content
to each other in a new wave of
social awareness through entertaining video presentations
the people who like the videos will pass them on in a self forfilling viral campain
if the medium is entertaining enough the social networks will spread the info far and wide
not to many people who are not net savvy would visit wiki for fear and propoganda in the media
lets make the people the media
and the social networks the source using fun entertaining content
when some only use the net for email we need stuff that people will want to email to their friends and family

at the moment most people dont have the time or will to sift though the cables
so taking the jucyest ones and making them entertaining will ensure they are sent via email

this is positive media reinforcement they people will start to question the news media if their inbox from there friends and family tells them more about whats happening than the msm

this has a second important function
the non it people out their get a sence they can help spread the truth
this engages the whole population
and enables people to help by simply sending an email of their favourite cables to their friends
when your friends and family members are sending you emails you look at it and if entertaining
you will pass it on

remember people want to help all they need is entertainment format information
tap into the greater audence with entertainment and the understanding of the bigger questions
will come as interest is generated

i suggest a site for only videos cablevideo.com
where all videos, utube and animated are "housed"
to be a resource in an easy formatt for the entertaing education of the masses
give instructions and demos on how to make your own cable gate animations or videos
give resource help and some sort of veiwer rating system olong the lines of
most entertaining
most scandalus
most criminal
most funny

this encourages people to join in making videos and exposes more people on how to help the cause
legally

this is the best news iv heard all week
engage the population and make it fun and tptb wont be able to contain or minipulate the info

xploder

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
^^ Great reply. That's what I was looking for.

top topics

join