It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Bags Dinner....I Want to Go Out to Dinner With Sarah Palin...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by fredcall

We have been conditioned to forget where our food comes from. There should be more shame about the things that remain hidden from us, or the things that we haven't taken the time to learn about.

Psychological conditioning is something that's very hard to break free from.

Percentage of corn grown in United States eaten by human beings: 20
Percentage of corn grown in United States eaten by livestock: 80
...........Nutrition World Statistics Fact Book

Corn Fed Cattle: Bigger Cows, Bigger E. coli Threat, More Foodborne Illness
www.nbafoodadvocate.com...

“Americans now spend more money on fast food—$110 billion a year—than they do on higher education. They spend more on fast food than on movies, books, magazines, newspapers, videos and recorded music—combined.” ...................from Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.

roast polar bear.
Trim all fat from the roast. Wash well Soak meat for at least 2 hours in water, salt and vinegar. Remove and pat dry. Place meat in a roaster, lay strips of bacon on top and place quarters of onion beside it. Roast at 35O degrees F. for about 3 hours. 15 minutes before serving, remove bacon strips, coat top of roast with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast another 15 minutes and drizzle butter on top two or three times during this period. Serve Hot. Serves 6 to 8................From Northern Cookbook_ edited by Eleanor A. Ellis, Information Canada 1973. Typos by Bert Christense

How to eat a polar bear and live to tell about it
Polar bear meat is an excellent source of iron and protein. Polar bear fat is a great source of vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids. However, If you plan to eat a polar bear, as I do, also note that polar bear liver should never be tasted as it can be poisonous and fatal. The Eskimos even go on to say, "it is never to be fed to the dogs."
globalbbq.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well before the end of the twenty first century the world's overpopulation will place such a heavy burden on food and natural resources that bleeding heart liberalism will hardly be remembered.

That's why the wussies at MSNBC are so obsessesed with Sarah Palin hunting caribou in the vast wilds of Alaska. The wussies at MSNBC know that their kind will be the first to perish.

If you want your children and grand children to survive the future, teach them the necessities of survival of the fittest and the strongest shall survive.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

I've saved your polar bear recipe
I would assume it would also apply to other bear meats. They're protected in Canada at this time, but if they're ever a nuisance, or a threat to a life, best to cook them up, rather than let them go to waste.

My mom left me a cook book from the 50s, and it has a section on game meats, including possum, squirrel, woodchuck. If ever TSHTF, I have beavers on my property every year, so far the person who traps them to save my trees, only makes hats and mittens. It's easy to kill something that is a problem animal that destroys your trees, then fills your dugout up with the trees, floods your creek, and raises the water table so much the basement floods.

I've heard that if cooking beaver, to remove every tiny bit of fat, as it's kind of rancid. Once the fat is all removed, slow cook into a stew.

Yes, it will be those people in cities, that can't get their processed foods anymore, or turn on their microwave, that will be in big trouble. So many don't even know how to cook, from scratch, natural real foods anymore.

Palin mentioned on her show that they (all the hunters) manage the hunting industry up in Alaska very carefully, and pay attention to the herds survival. Of course, not many people seem to hear that.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I've eaten beaver.....but it wasn't the kind that had a lot of fat to boil off. But that's another story.

True story: Bunch of us were spending a Fourth of July weekend in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. There were two local boys who decided to go black bear hunting so that there would be bear meat to go along with the weekend drinking.

The one boy had the hunting dogs. The other boy had the rifle. Off they go following the dogs who treed a black bear. Well, the boy with the dogs wanted to shoot the bear because it was his dogs that treed the bear. The boy with the rifle wanted to shoot the bear because it was his rifle.

Wouldn't you know they got to arguing who'd shoot the bear out of the tree when a third guy came onto the scene and shot the bear out of the tree.

Sure enough, It looked like there was going to be a bit of a North Carolina style mountain fight over who had the rights to the black bear. Things got tense until someone said, "Hey, that bear is big enough to go around for everyone. And we got plenty of beer for everyone back at the cabin. And it is Fourth of July. And we are all Americans."

Anyway, I remember we took one of the shoulders. We boiled that meat all day and all night. I mean, it was tender. Then we put it on a spit. Added some North Carolina style homemade barbecue sauce. That was good bear meat.

The Lumbering Delicacy: Tasty Polar Bear Recipes

suitablyflip.com...

Polar Bear Stew

Ingredients:

•4 pounds (1.8 kg) polar bear meat
•Water to cover
•3 tablespoons (45ml)salt
•1 1/2 cups (360 ml) dried potato
•1 cup (340 ml) celery flakes
•1 tablespoon (15ml) dry union
•2 cups (480 ml) dehydrated carrots
•1/2 cup (120ml) melted butter
•1 3/4 cups (420 ml) flour
•1 teaspoon (5ml) garlic powder or garlic salt
•3/4 teaspoon (3ml) pepper
Cut meat into bite-sized pieces and boil in salted water for 1 1/2 hours or more. Then add dry vegetables; mix melted butter with flour, blend in seasonings and add to meat. Cook 15 minutes longer. The stew is ready. Makes eight to ten servings

Recipe from: Cooking Alaskan by Alaskans; Norma Silook, Gambell, Saint Lawrence Island

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

seriously, though, I copied the stew recipe.

I should have never gone to the page link though, the polar bear cub is sooooo cute.
But when they grow up, they're not so cute, and if you're fighting for your life, ALL the cuteness of the animal goes away. When it comes down to you or the bear, the bear, as well as being tasty, could make a nice coat or blanket. Zero waste.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

If 'cute' bothers you, don't watch this video:

Polar bears and dogs playing
www.youtube.com...

Maybe watch this video instead:

!!KILLER WHALE VS GREAT WHITE SHARK!!
www.youtube.com...

Or maybe this video:

Shamu Killer Whale Attacks Trainer!!! (VIDEO)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
When I was a kid, growing up in the extremely rural midwest, hunting is what we did with our summers. We'd get a 22 or a 410, and an empty coffee can and some canteens. We'd take some kind of batter in an old milk carton (plastic jugs hadn't been invented!)

I can't tell you how many songbirds I've eaten. Rabbit without number (but see my "dangers of eating rabbit thread"). Also prairie dog, rattlesnake, jackrabbit, lizards, etc.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredcall

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by mayabong
I love the fake binocular views and fake scope views. Ahh tv.

Yeah I noticed that right away too

oh and lets be real she only did this to secure more rednecks loyalty cmon now, EVERYTHING you see on TV is scripted.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

Speaking of eggs...which came first: Obama or the teleprompter?

none of them freestyle. Barry is no exception to this.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I can't tell you how many songbirds I've eaten. Rabbit without number (but see my "dangers of eating rabbit thread"). Also prairie dog, rattlesnake, jackrabbit, lizards, etc.

And now we get to growing your own food. Which the Big Brother federal government wants to outlaw.growing food and saving seeds through Senate Bill S 510 and the Monsanto Bill.

Well, darn. Big Brother has laws on the books against collecting rainwater from off your own roof.
You may not be aware of this, but many Western states, including Utah, Washington and Colorado, have long outlawed individuals from collecting rainwater on their own properties because, according to officials, that rain belongs to someone else.
www.shtfplan.com...

In the future, you might have to go underground to grow your own food. One of the better lessons you can learn about underground farming is from the story of the Great Tennessee Pot Cave.
www.420magazine.com...

Now, I'm talking about growing food in an underground fram. Not weed. The Tennessee Pot Cave is simply a classic example of underground farming. These pot farmers got caught because the electric company reported to the police an unusually large amount of energy use for this rather simple looking house above ground. If you design an underground farm, you need an energy source that doesn't feed off your local utility bill.

Come to think of it, you could raise rabbits and other edible creatures in underground raising facilities.

Yes, there could come the day when we Americans will take to living more and more underground. It was the scientist and sci-fi writer Isaac Asimov who outlined a plan to colonizing the moon through underground cities. The cities of Atlanta and Montreal are well known for the underground portions of their city limits. Throughout the New Mexican desert the military has underground military bases.

I'm thinking Sarah Palin might know about a huge underground city in Alaska. Except she's not talking publicly about the facility.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
How do you like your eggs?....I like mine scrambled, but if I have to, i'll take them ....poached.....

know what I mean?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

How do you like your eggs?....I like mine scrambled, but if I have to, i'll take them ....poached.....

know what I mean?

You didn't mention sunny-side up. Are we to assume you don't like your eggs that style?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

Like deer delish

You can order it on line I believe.

Me I prefer kitty.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I wouldn't dine with Sarah (I quit my first term as governor) Palin if someone paid me too.

I found it highly disingenuous when she went to Haiti. She doesn't care about those people, she doesn't care about anything other than her own image.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join