It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Sarah Palin Bags Dinner....I Want to Go Out to Dinner With Sarah Palin...

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sarah Palin has been in my neighborhood twice. Man, she's fantastic in person. Such a looker. And she can shoot rings around liberals.

'Sarah Palin's Alaska' - 12/5/2010 - Palin shoots a caribou
www.youtube.com...




posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall
 


i love how peta called palin shooting an animal on her show a 'snuff film.' lol. its crazy sh** like that that makes people largely ignore them.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I love the fake binocular views and fake scope views. Ahh tv.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall
 


I wonder what caribou tastes like



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I respect other persons choices, but rich people hunting is one bad thing. Don't tell me she is going to eat that poor animal and make a new leather jacket or boots.

Hunting is all right for people who NEED to hunt as way of living, like those tribes in the Amazonian Jungle. They hunt to provide food to their families.

Here in ATS, 99% of us believe in E.T. How she looks for them now? ....And we wonder why they don't come to us openly?

S. Palin just lost a vote.

Thanks to the OP for bringing that video. S&F.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
reply to post by fredcall
 


I wonder what caribou tastes like


Tastes like chicken. Matter of fact, roasted rattlesnake tastes like chicken.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman
 


Hunting deer ain't as simple as it looks......

World's Luckiest Deer/ #tiest Shot...
www.youtube.com...



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If you get hungry enough, you won't mind eating roadkill

Stupid Deer
www.youtube.com...

Well, call State Farm or Geico. Wildlife will put a helluva dent in your car. Looks to me like this deer wasn't all that stupid. I thnk it got away....this time around.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall
 


I swear that under some people's criteria for what makes a good presidential candidate, my uncle Bootie Cox would apparently win in a landslide.
edit on 12/9/2010 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall
 


Good. Send her to Afganistan so she can shoot people instead of defenseless animals.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredcall
reply to post by Trueman
 


Hunting deer ain't as simple as it looks......

World's Luckiest Deer/ #tiest Shot...
www.youtube.com...


It's not about how easy is to hunt. Hunt is ok if you will use the animal you killed, as a source of food and goods for you and your family. Hunt is ok if you have a mouse in the house. Hunt is ok if the animal is a dangerous predator threatening your area.

Rich people hunting is a primitive practice still in use since the times of the european nobles.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by fredcall
 


Good. Send her to Afganistan so she can shoot people instead of defenseless animals.


Ya know, if the army would let me use some of their nifty weaponry, I'd go over there to Afghanistan to bag a few terrorists. Though, last I heard, the army won't let civilians use their nifty weaponry.

But there is an alternative: private military contractors are hiring.

If a body wants to go over to Afghanistan to whack a few terrorists, the pay is good. Here's a link to get started on:

www.privatemilitary.org...



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by fredcall

Rich people hunting is a primitive practice still in use since the times of the european nobles.


Let's be a little realistic. Rich people use better weapons that kill game faster and cleaner. Poor people go after game with sticks and stones and shabbily put together spears and all that. A reall messy kill. A lot more painful for the game.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yes, she is rich, but the thing she mentioned about hunting was that the meat is organic. Which is true. Plus if I go to a farmer around here for some organic beef, chances are that the cow is also going to be shot.

While I love animals, and hate the idea of hunting them, I do have to admit to elk in my freezer, and leather boots.

I would think caribou would taste similar to deer, or elk, or moose.
I would also like to taste snake. I can picture that tasting like chicken, apparently frogs do.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Yes, she is rich, but the thing she mentioned about hunting was that the meat is organic. Which is true. Plus if I go to a farmer around here for some organic beef, chances are that the cow is also going to be shot.

While I love animals, and hate the idea of hunting them, I do have to admit to elk in my freezer, and leather boots.

I would think caribou would taste similar to deer, or elk, or moose.
I would also like to taste snake. I can picture that tasting like chicken, apparently frogs do.




You sound somewhat ashamed to admit that you have elk in your freezer. What about cocoa in your refrigerator? Nothing to be ashamed of if you have cocoa in your fridge? Well, maybe you need to think again:

Is There Child Slavery in Your Chocolate?
September 24th, 2010

In 2009, the Payson Center for International Development at Tulane University published an “assessment of child labor in the cocoa supply chain.” The study found child labor to be widespread in the very regions of West Africa, particularly Ivory Coast, where Hershey sources its cocoa, and that forced or involuntary child labor was common in these areas.
www.johnrobbins.info...


So, let me ask you point blank, if you go out into the woods to shoot for your food, do the liberals snort at you. Like the pig farmer.

The Pig Farmer

The conditions were brutal. The pigs were confined in cages that were barely larger than their own bodies, with the cages stacked on top of each other in tiers, three high. The sides and the bottoms of the cages were steel slats, so that excrement from the animals in the upper and middle tiers dropped through the slats on to the animals below.
www.johnrobbins.info...


And tell me as honestly as you can, what happens when one of those liberals starts an argument over whether eggs are eating flesh or acceptable vegan fare?

How Egg Industry Greed Caused The Salmonella Outbreak

With more than 95 percent of all U.S. eggs currently coming from caged hens, and salmonella outbreaks sickening more than one million Americans every year, this isn’t merely an academic debate. Salmonella poisons people, causing a nasty, painful disease that can be fatal to the very young, the elderly and anyone with a weakened immune system.

www.johnrobbins.info...


I have not a doubt that while you are dressing out your elk or deer for your freezer, a liberal will come along to lecture that you should be eating soy instead.

What About Soy?

The litany of dangers with soy products, according to the article by Fallon and Enig, is nearly endless. Tofu, they say, shrinks brains and causes Alzheimer’s. Soy products promote rather than prevent cancer. Soy contains “antinutrients” and is full of toxins. The pro-soy publicity of the past few years is nothing but “propaganda.” Soy formula, they say, amounts to “birth control pills for babies.”

www.johnrobbins.info...


Yes, that deer or elk in your freezer is a sin. You should be ashamed. Look at how much better you could be doing with chocolate, pigs, eggs and soy. Why, if you stuck to that diet you would make liberals proud of you.



posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I love the fake binocular views and fake scope views. Ahh tv.


Yeah I noticed that right away too

oh and lets be real she only did this to secure more rednecks loyalty cmon now, EVERYTHING you see on TV is scripted.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ah, the wussies on MSNBC who spend a good fourteen hours a day talking about Sarah Palin. Such aged, angry talking heads. They should try camping in the great outdoors. Hey?


Polar Bear Attack in the High Arctic This is from up in the Yukon, this chap is lucky to be alive.
The camper survived the bear attack. The bear jumped on
him while he was sleeping in his tent and he managed to get it
off-of him and shoot it.

www.scribd.com...



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fredcall

You sound somewhat ashamed to admit that you have elk in your freezer. What about cocoa in your refrigerator? Nothing to be ashamed of if you have cocoa in your fridge? Well, maybe you need to think again:

Is There Child Slavery in Your Chocolate?
September 24th, 2010

In 2009, the Payson Center for International Development at Tulane University published an “assessment of child labor in the cocoa supply chain.” The study found child labor to be widespread in the very regions of West Africa, particularly Ivory Coast, where Hershey sources its cocoa, and that forced or involuntary child labor was common in these areas.
www.johnrobbins.info...

So, let me ask you point blank, if you go out into the woods to shoot for your food, do the liberals snort at you. Like the pig farmer.

The Pig Farmer

The conditions were brutal. The pigs were confined in cages that were barely larger than their own bodies, with the cages stacked on top of each other in tiers, three high. The sides and the bottoms of the cages were steel slats, so that excrement from the animals in the upper and middle tiers dropped through the slats on to the animals below.
www.johnrobbins.info...

And tell me as honestly as you can, what happens when one of those liberals starts an argument over whether eggs are eating flesh or acceptable vegan fare?

How Egg Industry Greed Caused The Salmonella Outbreak

With more than 95 percent of all U.S. eggs currently coming from caged hens, and salmonella outbreaks sickening more than one million Americans every year, this isn’t merely an academic debate. Salmonella poisons people, causing a nasty, painful disease that can be fatal to the very young, the elderly and anyone with a weakened immune system.

www.johnrobbins.info...

I have not a doubt that while you are dressing out your elk or deer for your freezer, a liberal will come along to lecture that you should be eating soy instead.

What About Soy?

The litany of dangers with soy products, according to the article by Fallon and Enig, is nearly endless. Tofu, they say, shrinks brains and causes Alzheimer’s. Soy products promote rather than prevent cancer. Soy contains “antinutrients” and is full of toxins. The pro-soy publicity of the past few years is nothing but “propaganda.” Soy formula, they say, amounts to “birth control pills for babies.”
www.johnrobbins.info...

Yes, that deer or elk in your freezer is a sin. You should be ashamed. Look at how much better you could be doing with chocolate, pigs, eggs and soy. Why, if you stuck to that diet you would make liberals proud of you.


No, you're taking me wrong. I do love animals, and I hate the idea that they have to give their lives for us, but I also eat meat. I don't consider it a sin, and I'm not ashamed about it. Hunting an animal and killing it fast are much better than many of the animals that are raised in factory farm conditions. The animal has had a good life when it's able to run free. I have deer running through my yard every day, and live in an area that has many moose, although they don't come out of the forest much.

I worked at a hog factory where they bred them, for about a week. Horrible conditions, mistreatment also. The cages weren't stacked, but they were small, and the slop that they were fed was mixed in with the pig's waste. For 3 years in a row, there were fires in 3 different hog barns, killing thousands. It was hard for me to eat pork for a while after working there. Purely psychological, from being raised in the city, where we only see our meat already wrapped in plastic.

I don't understand the vegan argument against us consuming milk, cheese, eggs, or honey. Other than the factory farms. Conditions should be much better. The animal isn't harmed if raised properly while giving us those things, and the egg is only an egg, it isn't even a chicken yet.

I don't touch soy for the reasons you stated. I also heard that the soy crop used to be only for animal feed, now they feed it to people, and it's full of estrogens.

People these days don't see where their meat comes from, or their eggs, and dairy. Many farms treat their animals very well, but just as many are abusive conditions. With crops such as cocoa beans, and probably many others, the abuse is to the children.

I've raised chickens and turkeys before as meat birds, and they are easier for me to kill than a large free running animal, but I also know that it's purely psychological from being raised in a city. I could live off turkeys, chickens, and fish, but I still look at large game animals as beautiful (my husband looks at them as steaks and roasts), I don't think the young ones should be killed by us, leave them for their other predators. It feels better to hunt them once the animal is large, and has lived a good life.
We have been conditioned to forget where our food comes from. There should be more shame about the things that remain hidden from us, or the things that we haven't taken the time to learn about.

Psychological conditioning is something that's very hard to break free from.

*****
Noticing how many times that I've typed out the word "psychological" makes me realize there is definitely something wrong with our thinking these days, too many of us actually actively purposely forget, or deny, where our food is from. No wonder so many people suffer from food born illnesses. We no longer even know what is in some of the foods we purchase - frankenfoods. We as a species, at least here in North America, have been thoroughly spoiled.



posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I hunt, I just got back from a GREAT season here in Texas.

All TV is lies; but with that said, they showed her old man dressing out the meat and saving the ribs, which is a bit of work, even on an animal the size of a caribou.

I hunt to put meat in the freezer. I figure in 2010 I've saved about $500-$750 on food bills by hunting and fishing.

I object to the idea that "rich people shouldn't hunt." Not because I like rich people, but because it implies that you ought to have to pass some sort of means-test in order to due something completely natural. I think it's ridiculous the way rich people spent money on fabulous equipment instead of time at the shooting range. But hey, hunting is a right.

If God didn't want us to eat animals, why would he make them out of delicious meat?



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join