It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly Manhattan woman slapped with $100 Fine for THROWING OUT NEWSPAPER!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So, for all of you who know New York and its garbage laws, what exactly is acceptable "garbage" that can be placed in said cans? Point: no household trash, got it. I can't take my leftover meatloaf from my fridge and dump it here because of homeless rats. Makes sense. So I'm walking down the street and see one of your world famous hot dog vendors and decide I'd like to have one on my way to work. It has all the fixin's by the way. I make it to the subway before I'm done with, now the dilema: where shall this half eaten hot dog go???? I can't throw it in the "trash can" because that would be considered household garbage I would think. Not to mention the swarms of zombie like homeless rats fighting over the scraps!!!! "Trash can, $100 fine, "trash can", $100 fine; TRASH CAN!!! Summary: If you don't want the f'n trash put in the f'n trash cans then remove the f'n trash cans from the f'n streets!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
nyc has become a complete police state. its disgusting how the life and excitement has been drained by guiliani and now bloomberg.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by immortalcamel

agreed, it's silly but it's the law and it's meant, not just for food but for everything else - dirty diapers and other health risk type items.

think about it. Guy takes his liquid plumr, unclogs his tub, tosses the uncapped bottle in his garbage, which also has his leftover meatloaf in it and then, because he doesn't want to wait until tomorrow, tosses that bag into a can on the street.

homeless guy, starving, goes through the trash, grabs the meatloaf and eats it. homeless guy gets poisoned by the liquid plumr and dies.

health risk

the food is, I think, not the biggest health risk, other than it is what entices homeless people and animals to attack the garbage cans.

that and empties which they can turn in for money.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

yeah, it's jackboot central here.

(that moist stuff is the sarcasm dripping off your monitor)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
there are laws like this in every city, some people think they are against their rights, some think they are over the top, but if they have been made law and you brake it, and then get caught, it is no surprise when you get your fine.
all that you can do is challenge it after the fact, or do not do it to avoid making them more money.

you can get fined for dropping fag butts on the floor in my city, so i always make sure i deposit mine in the ashtray on top of the bin, or if there are none i eat it(not really), i put it out then put it in the bin. i only do it to avoid having to give them money and therefore helping to finance these over the top laws.
edit on 9-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Only in amerika... Stupidity doesnt just run rampant .. It gallops.. Bully for her standing up to the bastards..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

yea we can get fined for littering for putting out our butts on the ground... but just like j-walking.. tis one fo those things where the cop has to be having a very bad day for it to happen. i got pulled over and didnt wanna be rude so i put my smoke out and through it out my window while he was there and he didnt say a thing and actually thanked me for not sitting there blwoing smoke at his face.. so it really depends where u are and how MISERABLE the cops are.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

well i would agree, but the police do not enforce it, you have council people paid to go around looking for specific offenses, they cannot be everywhere at once, so yeah you can get away with it if your lucky. they are going to fine you if they catch you because it is their job and it makes money in fines, and i would bet they get bonuses for the more fines they are able to hand out.

go to 1:45 into the vid for the important part.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
We have seen this sort of thing in parts of the UK. I knew an elderly disabled car driver get issued a £60 penalty fine because his disabled badge was the wrong way round. It's not so much the police, it's the council 'jobsworths' . We live in an era of petty bureaucracies which criminalise ordinary people.
In fact I know people who have been let off with a warning by police. Council officers aka mini nobodies, tend to be more officious.
Fair enough, she broke a rule but there should be room for discretion. Maybe a reprimand or a smaller fine for heavens sake.
edit on 12-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
That's nothing.

At my last address you can be fined if you put recyclables in the garbage bin because of the cost of hauling garbage from the transfer stations to the dump site as well as the expense of the space where the trash is buried, and the amount revenue generated from the recyclables themselves..We recycle clean paper (including newspaper), cardboard, aluminum & tin cans, plastic containers & glass jars & bottles. Thus we have three pickups a week, one for garbage, one for recyclables and another for yard waste.

Much money in Waste disposal. Ever wonder why many garbage collection companies are said to be owned by crime families?. .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join