It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Force is with you katie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The Force is with you katie

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Katie Goldman's universe extends from her home to her first-grade classroom. She is a big sister to Annie Rose and Cleo, a piano player, a Spanish student, a wearer of glasses. She loathes the patch she has to wear for one lazy eye. She loves magic and princesses and "Star Wars," an obsession she picked up from her dad.
The 7-year-old carried a "Star Wars" water bottle to school in Evanston, Illinois, every day, at least until a few weeks ago, when Katie suddenly asked to take an old pink one instead. The request surprised Katie's mom, Carrie Goldman. It didn't make any sense.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I was so tired of reading wikileaks I found this article.

Now I have to add more words ok....

Well I found it a touching human interest piece. Being picked on because she was a star wars fan...

Just be glad their is no church of the sith...

lol...

Reading the article it good to note that the people who voiced some of the characters on the clone wars have sent her things and given her support...

Can you say this is an example of a community coming together to support each other...

Is this enough words now mods....

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
That is a wonderful story. As a teacher of 4th and 5th grade students in a catholic school, I see bullying every day. We as a body of teachers, parents and a community frown upon bullying. But no matter how much we talk to our children, they seem to find a way to (pick on others). I have come to believe that it is just human nature. Survival of the strong. (if you will) As adults we joke around and tease each other and we take it as a joke. Even though the joke has some truth to it. Children see this and try to emulate. (Monkey see monkey do) It just doesn't come out right for them. Their brains are not funtional to understand that it can be countered by a reply back. With good, but intention.
It's all goes back to how they are raised at home.
I tend to have a dry sense of humor, and being raised in the south by a southern bell, I can tell someone off and they walk away thinking I just gave them a compliment.
I agree their are children out there that are just mean and cruel. Why? Probably because they are bullied at home. And the parents probably don't even know they are teaching their kids. to behave that way.

Yes bless you Katie.
I wish for all communities to come together as yours has.

edit on 9-12-2010 by crappiekat because: just a prayer and thanks

join