It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orioles Slugger Luke Scott says Obama wasn't born here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Much to the dismay of the Orioles franchise big wigs one of there premier players, Luke Scott had this to say to the national media on President Obama.

To clarify the O's clarification, Scott didn't dispute that Obama was the president — just that he shouldn't be because: "He was not born here," Scott said. "That's my belief. I was born here. If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go — within 10 minutes — to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, 'See? Look! Here it is. Here it is.' The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything."

Check out the full Source article to read what the Orioles and fellow teamates had to say on the subject.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I agree with Luke, but I also think he's in trouble by saying this. What do you wanna bet that the Orioles let him go now before baseball season?

Like I said, I agree with Luke, and I don't think he should be President until the birth certificate matter is solved officially. I really hope that these remarks by Luke weren't a career ender.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
well i think that EVERYONE that desires to run for the presidency MUST give full disclosure of their person.

no more hiding nasty little details.

its a very prestigious position and only the cleanest and best should have that honor. not some scumbag that has corrupt financial support dictating outcomes.

clean it up or close it down, isnt that what they tell us? they should take their own mandates

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I actually believe that Obama is a natural born citizen. He is very likely the bastard son of Frank Marshall Davis.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Whether he is or is not "qualified" to be president, does anyone believe that even if it was proven he isn't qualified to be president that it changes anything? TPTB have seemingly been pulling the strings behind the scenes for quite sometime and that won't change regardless of who's in office. Dem or rep they have there hands on everyone. Honesty has no place in politics or so it seems.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
there are a ton of people who bash the birthers, i myself among them. the thing is, Luke Scott raises a valid point. if anyone were ever to accuse me of not being born in the u.s, i could also resolve the matter within minutes. i never quite understood why Obama wont do the same in order to shut up all the birthers and anyone else for that matter. the first thing that comes to my mind is there is something funny about his birth certificate and that is why he wont show it.

to all those that say it doesent matter if he was born here or not, it does matter! the rule was in place that all presidents must be born in the u.s.a. if you cant win by following the rules of the game you have lost my respect, especially if you knew about it and covered it up.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ha, I just finished reading that Answer Man interview, almost surprised to see a thread on it.

Luke Scott sounds like a pretty all right guy. Makes you wonder if he surfs these boards.

The one thing that struck me as odd, I don't read interviews much, was the editor's diligent fact checking. I guess I haven't seen that ever before. I don't see much reason to correct someone over a statement like DC having the highest crime rate in an interview like this. They let the reader know that DC is only the 16th worst. Big woop huh? A case could be made that the highest concentration of supervillains ply their trade in that town, lol. The other thing is, the BC. Why would they have to throw that into the article? I mean it looks pretty generic, mine looks nothing like that, yours probably doesn't either. I thought that was supposed to be legal proof, but who signed off on it? Mine has like 7 signatures. Just seems out of place for this kind of interview.

If there was anyone in the world who could have a document faked.... That's not really the point, but injecting that tidbit of 'proof' into an interview/opinion piece is just creepy I guess. Well, Luke Scott obviously has his conspiracies mixed up, but he's still a good slugger and hopefully he keeps his slugging % above .600 next year. Nothing to see here, move along, lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

this is exactly what i think could be the case. that there is something on his b.c that would be embarrasing to him.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Very possible but at least in my opinion regardless of what we as private citizens may find embarrassing on our own birth certificates we are forced to tender them often enough to government officials as they see fit. Our president should not be any different.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
And exactly why am I supposed to care what a baseball player has to say? Because he is rich it matters somehow? Is he an investigative journalist? Some sort of genius? A proven prophet? An important official with earned credentials?

No, he is a ball player who can't even speak correctly in his native tongue. The fact that he speaks like an ignorant person tells me his opinion is worth less than nothing.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

i agree. read the post i made a couple of posts up.

new topics

top topics

join