It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley Considers Declaring Bradley Manning a Hero

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't know about you, but I can't get enough of Wikileaks' news. Not in one day.

I've got my headphones on to the Police and 'Every Breath You Take.' Sets the mood for the day.

Okay, now to Berkeley...and I don't mean Berkeley Breathed....I'm talking about the university that the Stanford Research Institute supposedly seperated itself from. Long history. We don't need to go into all that right now.

Yes, Berkeley is talking...oh, I don't know....Congressional Medal of Honor for PFC Manning. Hell, if I were Manning I'd be happy to have a pardon and a promotion to corporal.

So, what next? Promotion for Nidal Hasan to Colonel?

Okay, forget that segue. Do you think Manning should be declaed a hero? Do you think you should be declared a hero for declaring Manning a hero? Have you ever known a hero?

I just can't get enough of Wikileaks. I think I'm going to dial in the Fine Young Cannibals and 'She Drives Me Crazy' on my headphones.

Berkeley Considers Declaring Bradley Manning a Hero
By Kim Zetter December 8, 2010 | 9:16 pm | Categories: WikiLeaks
www.wired.com...

The city of Berkeley, also known as “Berzerkeley,” is considering a resolution to declare alleged WikiLeaks source Bradley Manning a hero.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If the world is already insane, then we don't have to worry about the world going insane.

Quote of the day: “To err is human but to really screw up it takes the Berkeley City Council,” council member Gordon Wozniak told the Chronicle at the time.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
He deserves something in my eyes, but coming from Berkeley...... Id be very leary, dont trust the people in that town for the most part.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patrioitinsheepclothing
He deserves something in my eyes, but coming from Berkeley...... Id be very leary, dont trust the people in that town for the most part.

If my memory serves correct....which it usually does when I have headphones on......Standford Research separated itself from Berkeley over Monsanto and Agent Orange research.

But, of course, there was never any such thing as Agent Orange.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wikileaks will next reveal that in 1995 the CIA declassified information that the Stanford Research Institute spent a lot of taxpayer dollars studying remote viewing.

The public at large will go aghast at this Wikileaks' revelation.

Even though the information is available through the Freedom of Informaiton Act and is easily located on the internet.

CIA-Initiated Remote Viewing At Stanford Research Institute

by H. E. Puthoff, Ph.D.
Institute for Advanced Studies at Austin
4030 Braker Lane W., #300
Austin, Texas 78759-5329

Introduction

On April 17, 1995, President Clinton issued Executive Order Nr. 1995-4-17, entitled Classified National Security Information.
www.remoteviewing.com...

edit on 9-12-2010 by fredcall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
No I don't think he is or should be declared a hero. He didn’t see a specific injustice and act on it he stole an indiscriminate number of files and without thought of any possible negative consequences passed them on to a third party whose motive he could not possibly have known. He had no way of knowing what the consequences of his actions might have been whether it would lead to the arrest of a war criminal or the death of thousands of informants. Since he couldn’t possibly have known what he was actually leaking his motive cannot be considered heroic regardless of the outcome of these leaks; it would be like firing wildly into a crowd and then taking credit when it turns out the person you hit was a child molester.

Edit - That is if he is the one who leaked these files.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

All that is missing is tear gas, the National Guard...and what? The credit cards in your wallet suddenly conflagrated?

Vigilantes Take Offensive in WikiLeaks Censorship Battle

WikiLeaks Internet vigilantes stepped up attacks in support of WikiLeaks on Wednesday, downing Visa’s web site in a widening protest against a handful of companies that banned the secret-spilling site after it began publishing hundreds of secret U.S. diplomatic cables.

www.wired.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

What?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The smarter, wealthier Democrats are beginning to realize that Obama is one of those rich guys who wants a tax break.
edit on 9-12-2010 by fredcall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I, like millions of other Americans, can't get enough of Wikilieaks. Don't ask me to stop talking about Wikileaks.

Transparency & Democracy: Why the U.S. Should Free Bradley Manning

On December 17, in a prison cell in Quantico Virginia, Bradley Manning will be celebrating his 23rd birthday, alone. Former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and ex-Pentagon official KT McFarland are calling for Manning’s execution, while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is vowing “aggressive steps” will be taken against those responsible for the leaks. As WikiLeaks scrounges to find a way to keep their site alive after being shut out by PayPal, Amazon and EveryDNS, Manning is held in prison, unable to meet with his family and prevented from getting the vast majority of his mail.

Read the full story »

www.bradleymanning.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

and you are willing to take their word for it?? Its a spider hole!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

and you are willing to take their word for it?? Its a spider hole!

This is a dispatch from one of my liberal contacts. Liberals are saying that Manning is being held in a prison in Kuwait?? Whereas the other article says that Mannins is being held in Quantico??

Methinks PFC Manning has joined the ranks of spotted UFOs and strange contrails over the Pacific.

I can't get enough of Wikileaks because Wikileaks never, ever ends.

Overview
Update: On July 6, 2010, Private Bradley Manning, a 22 year old intelligence analyst with the United States Army in Baghdad, was charged with disclosing this video (after allegedly speaking to an unfaithful journalist). The whistleblower behind the Pentagon Papers, Daniel Ellsberg, has called Mr. Manning a 'hero'. He is currently imprisoned in Kuwait.

disc.yourwebapps.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I as an American, do not consider it "STOLEN" flies!!!
Considering the fact that we Americans are the Employor of the Gov'mnt, that makes it "OUR" information.
Normally I would have a fear about the issue of putting peoples lives in Danger with leaking this info, but after the many years of simple minded research, it seems to me that "ALOT of these people who will be in danger, are the ones out there doing all the dirty tricks for the Gov'mnt, we have made our own mess by allowing our Gov'mnt to hurd and mislead us.
I would suggest we pull all spies, Police, Federal Agents, and non vital Troops back to the homeland, Secure the borders, and start doing some DEEP, DEEP, DEEP cleaning of our house and home.

It's almost time for FESTIVIS, AND IM SOOOoooooo " THE AIRING OF THE GREIVENCES"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yes, I do. And I think this guy should get some much needed public support. As far as I am aware it has not yet been proven that he did leak the documents, but public scrutiny of what's happening to him and calls to FREE BRADLEY MANNING, would be a good place to start.

second

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

I as an American, do not consider it "STOLEN" flies!!!

We can argue the semantics of it but the fact remains that he couldn’t possibly have known what he took, what the motives of Wikileaks were or what the consequences of publishing these files would be. Thus he ain’t no hero.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Yes, I do. And I think this guy should get some much needed public support. As far as I am aware it has not yet been proven that he did leak the documents, but public scrutiny of what's happening to him and calls to FREE BRADLEY MANNING, would be a good place to start.

second

Just about everything I've read in Wikileaks is available through the Freedom of Information Act. What Wikileaks has done is made it so people can read without having to go through the work of applying for the information themselves through the Freedom of Informaiton Act. Or just looking for it already somewhere else on the internet.

Methinks acts of internet violence will not engender a lot of sympathy.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

We can argue the semantics of it but the fact remains that he couldn’t possibly have known what he took, what the motives of Wikileaks were or what the consequences of publishing these files would be. Thus he ain’t no hero.

Assange is a smart guy who made himself a lot of money on the internet, and apparently he got laid a lot. Not a bad combo. Maybe not heroic stuff. But if you can make a lot of money on the internet while getting laid a lot, that's not bad in my book.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Mike_A

I would suggest we pull all spies, Police, Federal Agents, and non vital Troops back to the homeland, Secure the borders, and start doing some DEEP, DEEP, DEEP cleaning of our house and home.

Yeah, just as soon as Russia and China and Iran et al pull all their spies out of America and act accordingly.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Assange is a smart guy who made himself a lot of money on the internet, and apparently he got laid a lot. Not a bad combo. Maybe not heroic stuff. But if you can make a lot of money on the internet while getting laid a lot, that's not bad in my book.

What the f*** are you talking about? I thought we were talking about Manning not Assange, you started this thread surely you should remember what it was about!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
And here is yet another link one of my liberal contacts has sent me. Is all this protest hacking going to engender sympathy for any of the Wikileaks participants.

My guess is that it won't make heroes. PFC Manning might end up in Gitmo. Who the hell knows if Assange is arrested or not?

I suppose the hero in this story is the guy who can get away with it, and it looks like PFC Manning is not getting away with anything. While Assange will survive to spend the rather tidy fortune he accumulated on the internet through Wikileaks......unless the lawyers take it all from Assange while legally saving his arse.

Hackers Rise for WikiLeaks
Cyber Attackers Seek Revenge Against Organizations That Have Tangled With Document-Leaking Site.

The attacks stepped up Wednesday, a day after Mr. Assange was arrested and denied bail in London in connection with sexual-misconduct accusations in Sweden. A range of organizations, including MasterCard Inc., Visa Inc., and the Swedish prosecutor's office, reported technical difficulties with their websites that appear to stem from so-called denial of service attacks, in which computers flood a server to prevent it from displaying a Web page.

online.wsj.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join