It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Unification Through Understanding Spiritual Relativity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I don't discount the possibility of hell just because I don't like it. I am convinced that whoever directed writing the bible understands human nature more than the most learned man, and who's end goal was Christianity. Unlike spirits which can't even tell what next week will bring due to "freewill", the spirit who guided writing the bible can even tell things hundreds of years apart and even boasts of telling the ending from the beginning. I think it tells the truth, and if it dictates the terms of not going to hell, I'd heed it. God's ways are not our own, so while we might try to place our own understanding onto God we will make errors.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Originally posted by Sahabi
I know today we are really, truly equal. Our hearts and character count more than anything, not religion or belief. Our thoughts, our words, and our actions have more bearing than any single belief system.

Thats good for you. I wish there were many more believers like you.

It is really sad that religions, which should unite when it's being personal faith ('religare' = 'to bind') actually divides, when institutionalized into sects and churchs - it becomes us-them thinking which is always unhealthy phenomena when followed to it's logical end.

Let us hope that in the time of Interne the unifying knowledge speads fast and wide so that people will come more enlightened about equality. Obviously, the hate-breeders also will have new tool in their use, but I think that people are beginning to see through their lies.

-v

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

"My conclusion is that every single belief, understanding, or truth your heart adheres to will be truly real for you. And every single belief, understanding, or truth of someone else will be real for them. Truth is relative. Make Jesus your truth with sincerity, it will manifest as truth in your life. Same goes for any other belief system you adhere to. Every religion, philosophy, and understanding when followed with sincerity becomes truth, relative to the individual. Everyone's path is different, and Everyone's path is the right path for them."

I would like to retract the statement I previously made; "Truth is relative."
I feel it is more appropriate that our individual understandings are relative of the One Truth.

<< 1   >>

join