It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought on disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We've all seen the various disclosure threads posted here on ATS. Every time that anything happens that's even remotely connected to new information concerning space and the chance of life somewhere else, it takes only a matter of minutes before someone is on here saying that "disclosure is coming", or "they can't hide it anymore". STOP, PLEASE.
Take the December 2nd announcement for example, or wikileaks. I have already seen threads referring to both as the latest move towards disclosure.
We get disclosure everyday most likely. True, it's information that is fifty years old or older but it's new to us. That's as good as it's going to get.
What makes you think that if they have lied THIS long that ANY event short of a UFO landing at the White House on national television would make them "fess up"?
ANY story released to us concerning disclosure will only be as honest as a baited hook, and instead of wondering what you all are eating, or what that sharp pain in your mouth is, you will all be too busy congratulating yourselves on swallowing the hook.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
S & F for you. Unfortunately, since this thread is not directly related to the Ass-man (assange) or not ridiculous, you're probably not going to get many of these.

But I REALLY like the justification behind your post. When Assange came out and said something about UFOs were in the memos-he didn't act like it was EARTH SHATTERING, which it's NOT going to be, because NOTHING in memo-gate is "top secret", mostly classified but nothing that's insanely high priority. I am starting to wonder if the insurance file is ever going to be released--the fact is, it probably won't be, because once that is released he has COMPLETELY played his hand. He is NOT going to use that unless he is threatened with a LONG prison term (and personally I think these charges will drop after longer examination or a jury trial), or is possibly murdered.

I love, at slow news periods in the UFO/paranormal field like now, to go back and read some of the top flagged threads from the past. I would suggest to anyone that hasn't read it, check out the John Lear's Moon pictures thread. Excellent anomalous photography, some of the best "smoking guns" I've seen for lunar anomalies. There's also some excellent analysis of the Mariner 9 airport photo and one other excellent photograph on there. ATS has had alot of great threads, long before most of us were here. Read up on them and you won't be disappointed, hell, I was STUNNED with that thread, I nearly read all 70+ pages.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I am thinking the the whole idea of disclosure is a myth.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hi from Australia

I suspect that what some people are waiting for, i.e. "Disclosure from the Governments of the world releasing the truth about the UFO phenomenon" is not going to happen.

My thoughts are that it is "the people" who are eventually going to dig out the truth. That is why I spent five years facilitating the Disclosure Australia search for Australian Government UFO files. The results of our search may be read at disclosureaustralia.freewebpages.org...

Happy reading.

Please also take a look at the Australian UFO blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

I was almost weary to even mention wikileaks in the tiniest way, but I thought that the current thread up right now that points to it as the tipping point to disclosure made it necessary. Thanks for the comment, I am very curious myself about what is really out there, and in these "down times" I like to go back and look at older threads also. I just want folks to consider what they are believing because when any new story comes along they are ready to accept it all to readily. If I was in a "secrecy" Cabal of sorts, I would feed people a story with the tiniest grain of truth in it and then a ton of bologna to wash it down with, the public makes their work too easy.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by keithb

HEY COOL ON YOU! thanks for that link! SO much info there, I'll be busy tonight I think. I agree, if we are to be "disclosed" then we will have to do it ourselves.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Myself, as being somewhat paranoid, have a sneaking suspicion about the "aliens"
1) The real aliens are much like in the movie "MIB" and are everywhere and live in another reality, and also take human form.
2) They are taking us (the human race) over, so they have a kind of "mind control" that gives people who "subscribe" special information, almost like a telepathic hive mind. For this reason, they all keep quiet. They see us, the "humans" as violent ape-hybrids, and are choosing the young ones to be indoctrinated and converted. They paint the "old system" such as existing governments, and the other rogue aliens as the "evil" ones. - They do "negative" stuff, but it is basically how you have the poor and hungry suffering in the streets, being kicked in the face by the rich and thier happy little paradises.
3) Most of all the alien information on the internet is a total whitewash.
4) When the event happens, they open the gates to allow people to exist in thier special world, and then the gates close and we are "left behind" in our world.
5) However, the people that are really really pissed off are committing acts that are horriffic, and still cannot be justified by the alien oppression of the people of Earth, no matter how "primitive" they think we are, we have been going crazy because we are basically mutants and they have torn us apart from our natural bond to the animal kingdom where our true souls really evolved from.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Hello fellow Australian

Was just wondering if you are still conducting research into the Australian UFO files and if any recent information has come to light? Thankyou for sharing your link- have been wondering what the Australian government has had to say on the matter.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
There has to be a REASON to effect Disclosure.

It's also important to remember it takes two to Tango...those hiding the secret, and the aliens themselves.

Either party has the ability to disclose, but there must be a REASON the secret has been kept, and until there is reason otherwise, it will remain.

The handy thing about the aura of ridicule around the subject, is that even if something DID get out, it could be summarily contained and covered up, and this would easily be successful for any such occurrence of a whistle-blower.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Reply to post by darkeulogy

Yes I am still taking a look at Australian Government files via the National Archives of Australia (NAA). I have just finished looking at four previously "secret" files on Operation Crowflight. This was when USAF U-2 spyplanes and RB-57 aircraft were sampling for radioactivity over Australia, from atomic tests. Some of these aircraft caused Australian UFO sightings. I have posted on this subject on the Australian UFO blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com... look for posts on Operation Crowflight.

My latest piece of research has been into Project HIBAL -the use of stratospheric ballons in Australia by the US Atomic Energy Commission -launched out of Mildura, again sampling for radioactivity. I think that some Australian UFO sightings were of these balloons. I have posted my thoughts todate on the ufos-scientifcresearch blog look under cold case stratospheric balloons. I have located four relevant files on HIBAL in the NAA and have just applied for access to them to read the full story.

What interest do you have in the UFO subject? You might care to either respond here or via private email - mine is [email protected]

Regards

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Hey Keith,

sorry its taken a while to reply- been offline. My interest in the UFO subject pretty much goes all the way back to when I first learnt to read at about the age of 7. I have a feeling it may have been my grandparents fault, because for my 5th Birthday they got me one of those books in which they add your name to the story so its written about you. It was called UFO alert and was all about a trip in a UFO.

After I learnt to read, its basically all I was interested in reading. I would raid the school library and the local library to read as much as I could on the subject. When I was in year 6 we were given a personal interest project in which the class was allowed to research whatever topic they wished too, and then present it to the class. So I chose the subject I knew the most about- UFO's and Aliens. I wrote to various UFO organistations around Australia and recieved some great Information that helped me out a lot, Mr Peter Khourey who heads a group for alleged abductees in Sydney (and recently appeared on an SBS documentary on the subject) sent me an alleged photo of a UFO that he had taken and had offered to talk to my class on the subject (i declined his kind offer.)

I also interviewed my own Grandfather who was a RAAF pilot during the 50's who had his own experience in which his squadron flying from Charlieville to Darwin had a red "light" follow in formation with them before disappearing. He said that they had no idea what it was and that their were no other aircraft flying that night. My grandfather is Sensible man and not one too make up stories so I have no reason to doubt his story.

I presented my research to my class in which I made a shoebox diorama of the "Roswell crash". From there, over the years, I have continued to research and knowledge myself on the subject. Without mentioning names, a dear friend of mine who is a Biology teacher, but ex Military Intelligence, told me that they do know that something is going on but told me he wouldn't ellaborate any further. I'm now 25 years of age, so I guess you could say it really has been a life long Interest and i dare say it always will be.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Gazrok because: Edited by the SPCP (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Paragraphs)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by keithb
Hi from Australia

I suspect that what some people are waiting for, i.e. "Disclosure from the Governments of the world releasing the truth about the UFO phenomenon" is not going to happen.

My thoughts are that it is "the people" who are eventually going to dig out the truth. That is why I spent five years facilitating the Disclosure Australia search for Australian Government UFO files. The results of our search may be read at disclosureaustralia.freewebpages.org...

Happy reading.

Please also take a look at the Australian UFO blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

I personally agree with this, because of the startling information involving the underground systems that were built in New Mexico, if it is true that they found aliens, or even maybe not, they will be able to build something big enough to enslave the world.

Originally posted by SystemResistor
Myself, as being somewhat paranoid, have a sneaking suspicion about the "aliens"
1) The real aliens are much like in the movie "MIB" and are everywhere and live in another reality, and also take human form.

This is something that could be possible, but I think the secret is that aliens do have long fingers and different facial expressions.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Reply to last post by darkeulogy

Thank you very much for sharing the source of your interest in UFOs. Mine originated in the United Kingdom in the late 1960s when there was a wave of sightings over there. I have retained an interest on and off since then. I was fortunate enough to have two books on the subject published in 1981 and 1997. At the moment my chosen method of disseminating my research is via the blog at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

My email address is [email protected]

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I think disclosure is often seen as a one sided subject. If history teaches us something is that paranormal/alien appearances and manifestations are seldom a product of man`s desire. In fact most people that have had encounters would have never guessed or forseen that it would happen to them. This is not a subject that we are in control of.

When disclosure will happen, don`t know, and most likely no one on earth knows, so all of this disclosure claims including the infamous 2012 are nothing more than speculation and should be regarded as such.

C.

new topics

top topics

join