It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling out the American Family Association

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Awhile back I posted in a thread that I just didn't feel "right" if I did not call out and denounce nutjobbery where I see it. It really doesn't matter to me if it is on the left or right as goodness knows both sides have their extremists.

I've been here on ATS long enough for many to realize I tend to lean right on some issues and left on some issues. But overall, I probably lean more right than left. Another member here mentioned to me once that it was important for each side to call out its own nuts.

He's right. If you (regardless of what side of the fence you stand on) don't call out your own nuts and extremists then those on the other side of the fence will naturally assume you support and agree with them.

So since I tend to lean right - I'm going call out Bryan Fischer, head of "issues analysis" for the American Family Association.

Why call him out? He writes a blog for the AFA. Honestly, I'd never heard of him before until some on ATS started pointed him out. Sometimes as an example of the right. In it he has given us such outstanding examples of nutjobbery as......

Wanting to Wipe out Grizzly Bears in Yellowstone

Wanting to Forbid the Building of New Mosques

Homosexuality Gave us Hitler!

The Medal of Honor is Feminized

and his latest gem..

Wikileaks is Because of Gays in the Military

As I've said, there are some issues I tend to lean right on. Having said that, I feel duty bound to say this.

AFA - get rid of this guy. He is a grade A nutjob and an extremist.
Though I lean right on some things he does not speak for me, nor stand for me and I'm more than happy to tell the world he is a whacko.

Regardless of what side of the fence you stand on. If you do not denounce the extremists and wackos on your side (and yes - every side has them) then people will assume they represent you.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

join