It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook: We're Not Kicking Wikileaks Off Our Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Facebook: We're Not Kicking Wikileaks Off Our Site

www.readwriteweb.com

Classified document publishing website Wikileaks has now been kicked off of Amazon, Paypal, its DNS server and its Swiss bank account - but it lives on, including across hundreds of mirrored sites and is the subject for widespread discussion on Facebook and Twitter.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well that is some good news in the mists of wikleaks being witch hunted off the net it is nice to see some major sites standing up to the powers that be.. Facebook has a Wikleaks fan page and it is over 1 million strong and growing fast..
This will be an intergral blow the US government and a hand up to free speech...

lets see how long it lasts...

kx

www.readwriteweb.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
They better keep it, how else are they going to record who supports the leak? Lol.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Next Week's Headline: Facebook nixes Wikileaks!

I would almost bet money that Facebook will be next to cave when Uncle Sam comes a calling and demanding, just a matter of time really.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I can't speak for anyone else but honestly, this is not at all surprising considering all the recent talk on how law enforcement & other intelligence agencies monitor social networking sites to help them with their work. The "Tin Foil Brigade" even believe they are Intelligence agency fronts!!!!!. I would not go that far. But they are definitely being used. In Australia we have recently had problems with crimes being committed through these sites & also police using them to a "Sort of" background check on people. They also use it to try to piece together a persons movements etc etc

Be warned they are watching those who use these sites!

top topics

join