It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A time to be alive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We live in historic times and I sometimes feel this is what gives rise to the many divergent theories with what is happening in the world (conspiracies etc). Exciting times breeds exciting situations.

How we deal with the problems of today will have many long term consequences for the future. The war and the situation (the war on terrorism, expanding scientific knowledge etc) that is facing us now will shape the way of the world for possibly thousands of years to come. Many of you feel that something is stirring in the world, may be it is a physical manifestation of spirituality, aliens saying hi, Jesus popping back for the end of the world or Armageddon in anyway but lets face it something is happening to us. Our actions both individually and collectively will define us we act in time of strife and uncertainty. This is something you may feel we have lived with for many years but with the technology and knowledge we are armed with does it not seem more crucial than ever that we make, and you the public stand up for, the right choices.

The cold war was a test of spirit, the times to come will be a test of fire, blood and who knows what else. So would you rather be alive now or reserve the right to live in a time of innocence???

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'd rather experience my own life...have my own experinces than live in harmony!!

Our own life experiences give us our own strength and weakness'...wouldn't you want that instead of the same old routine day in and out?

I think that the coming times will be of finding our own way through the troubles and heading towards the hope that we will survive and live as unified people!!

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The way I see it any day is a good day to be alive, I mean look what the alternative is. There's always something wrong in the world, if you are waiting for the "age of innocents" all is good, then I believe there will be a long wait.
On the other hand I believe that the good outweighs the bad. For instance I couldn't tell you what happened in the world this weekend, but I can tell you that a giant terodactyl (misspelled) and a giant smiley face flew over my house. ( I am talking about clouds of course). I can tell you that Saturday was a good day for fishing. Etc. etc. Any time that you feel that this is a horrible time to live, go outside, (If you live in the city you may have to drive to the country to get the full effect.) look around free yourself from technology for just one day, even an afternoon and then you can realize what a good day it actually is.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Personally, I feel like we're living that old Chinese curse...

..."May you live in interesting times"...

new topics

top topics

join