It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool Flying Car that Really Works!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I just stumbled across this and thought it was pretty cool. A actual flying car that really seems to have merit and actually works! As much as I love the idea, the way people drive these days, I just can't imagine letting them try and fly too. That is a really bad visual for me! Still though for country living it might be great. It is nice to get a peek at the future though.

I haven't learned how to embed any videos besides you tube so here is the link. Check it out!

FLYING CAR

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Great design. Too bad flying cars for everybody will never happen. They promised us these vehicles but did not forsee that we would be too stupid to fly them safely. To fly one you will need several thousand dollars of pilot training to be legal. To maintain one would only be for the rich.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
wow that's really cool. Looks like a ton of fun too!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
They have had flying cars that worked since the 1940's. The real trick would be to have one that sticks the wings out and flys within a minute. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was a great concept car.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, dont you think it would make more sense if the flying cars were more helicopter like? I mean so you would have straight up lift off and land? just thinking outside the box here.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Could you imagine taking one of those bad boys to the top of a parking structure and taking off? Never have to worry about parking at the mall again.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Thank you OP for sharing this. I've been sending the link to everyone I know...

Dear Santa,

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Awesome!! But I wish they would find a way to get the propeller to fold up automatically so it doesn't look very noticeable or dangerous but still it's pretty cool! Did they have an estimate on a price for this vehicle?

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
well bad news for you I have seen another video with THIS excat car in it and the flying part well you didnt notice how they only showed once second of it flying out of a 5 mint video lol.
you see the car uses a control shoot to fly but any little updraft side draft or well any thing else for all that matters your a dead man.
the Other short video was like a mint long and only showed teh car Flying for like 30 seconds wile the [piolet despretly tryed to land the by then SWINGING car.
Swining wildly from side to side because of a slight wind

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Thats what I thought.

Why couldnt someone just put 4 wheels on a helicopter and do it that way?

Its not like that guy can just "take off" He still needs a big field or something.

But its still cool.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What happens if you stall!? lol

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is more than likely the best flying car concept we will ever see. Not because of anything else but technological restrictions that have been placed on the public sector that TPTB will never allow anything more advanced to be developed and be in the hands of the public... regardless of the training or licenses.

There was another concept car a few years ago that did largely seem to be originally an effort to make something we normally conceive of when we think of a flying car...
No wings and no wheels...

However as costs rose and they hit wall after wall with difficulties I understand it turned into an investment scam to bilk millions of dollars out of investors.

This one is doable... but its a car that can fly - not what I would call a REAL flying car...
The Jetsons come to mind when I think about a flying car... not a striped down dune buggy with a kite on top.
Great effort by the developers... its a working concept... but not interested in buying one.

The real attributes on what most people would think of as a flying car would be -
- Antigravity or the ability to hover in one spot.
- Backup redundancy systems to prevent falling out of the sky should the worst happen...
- No fuel needed - power generation is internal from a reactor or replaceable energy source (non radioactive would be better)
- Full range of motion like a helicopter but without the big blade of death on top.
- Ideally with the ability to fly itself - but with human direction or oversight

Without some or all of these characteristics I class anything without them as a car that can be a plane or at best - a plane that is street legal (in some states)

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
there is the Terrafugia also !! very great evolution, look at it at
www.terrafugia.com...

new topics

top topics

join