It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish prosecutor's website under cyber attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Swedish prosecutor's website under cyber attack

www.rawstory.com

WASHINGTON — The website of the Swedish prosecutor's office pursuing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange came under cyber attack on Tuesday in the latest salvo by his online supporters.

PandaLabs, the malware detection laboratory for computer security firm Panda Security, said the prosecutor's website, aklagare.se, was brought down by members of the "cyber hacktivist" group called "Anonymous."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
LOL!

These dudes ain't playin!

First they went after paypal, then the two major credit card orgs, and now they took the firm leveling charges at Assange!

Is this how the future battles will be fought between the masses and the gov entities?

I recently posted about hackers turning back on Limewire after the gov shut it down, and also how hackers are moving bit torrent sites to sites independent of gov influence...

Are we seeing the onset of a new movement? A backlash against big brother, via net warfare?

www.rawstory.com
edit on 8-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
A lot of people think Anonymous is just a bunch of kids who screw around. But those are just the "visible" participants, and they serve their purpose. But there is a circle of very powerful members - they work in every branch of industry and government. These are experts in their fields. They have access. You do NOT want them as your enemy.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The 'word' on the street is....

Interpol is next.

Dunno how true that is...

But...

www.interpol.int...

Is VERY slow.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Anyone else here familiar with the Zapatistas?

The Zapatistas started fighting the Mexican government in 1994. Their interests? Not to take power, but to educate the masses about globalization and to fight against NAFTA in Mexico.

Subcommander Marcos represents the Zapatistas. It is important to note that all Zapatistas wear black masks. Marcos explains that the mask is a mirror, for the Zapatistas are actually you, me, and everyone else. They are the common man, fighting against the global elite and their ambitions.

The Zapatistas originally came from poor and rural villages in Mexico, shunned by their government. In Mexican history, especially in the case of Zapata himself, the remote mountain villages provided the necessary heroes of Mexico: disciplined people who are ambitious enough to expand into modern society and fight for civil liberties of all people.

The Zapatista revolution of 1994 resulted in their takeover of Chiapas (and some other cities). The Mexican army eventually crushed the revolt and the Zapatistas retreated back into the mountains.

Ever since, the Zapatistas have expanded into cyberspace. Subcommander Marcos has never been identified (Marcos was his friend's name, whom was killed at a roadside checkpoint), but has published a lot of anti-globalization work and has organized a lot of action against globalization. The Zapatista's cyber front has also been able to organize mass demonstrations extremely quickly due to their internet presence.

While I do not know if "Anonymous" is formally connected with the Zapatistas, they certainly share common tactics. I am truly inspired by our, the peoples' organization in the realm of cyberspace to fight for our freedom.

Also from studying both the "Anonymous" and Zapatista's new revolutionary theory, it is clear that society has evolved from simple geopolitical class struggle to a global struggle between the corporate/political/military elite and the people. It is, though, extremely disheartening to see that cyberspace, a vast creation of mankind, is under siege by the powers that be, who believe that they must control it leading to conflict so early in its understanding.

Why cannot we let cyberspace be uncontrolled? Because TPTB made it a battle ground for the future of humanity.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

The problem you have with all of this is the stigma 'cyber terrorism' I can't help but feel there is more to all of this than meets the eye, I hope I am wrong, but this will give the US authorities the greatest excuse to introduce net neutrality if cyber attacks continue.

My prediction for 2011 is that we will see more laws introduce that cut our freedom to the net and indeed force us to give up our liberties for our freedom to surf the internet securely.

I for one am not prepared to give anything for my freedom!
edit on 8-12-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Anyone else here familiar with the Zapatistas?

The Zapatistas started fighting the Mexican government in 1994. Their interests? Not to take power, but to educate the masses about globalization and to fight against NAFTA in Mexico....

A star for you.

Thanks for telling us about it. For those who are unaware of what NAFTA did to the people of MEXICO...

NAFTA and WTO in Mexico: www.rethinkingschools.org...

NAFTA and WTO in Mexico: www.countercurrents.org...

...Alongside this, as hoped for by designers of NAFTA, has been 'modernisation' - a sharp decline in the share of agriculture and allied sectors in the workforce. From nearly 27% in 1991 it declined to slightly less than 15% in 2006, losing more than 2 million jobs[18]. Again small and marginal farmers and agricultural labour bore the brunt, as evidenced by very sharp decline in the number of rural households. According to a study by Jose Romero and Alicia Puyana carried out for the federal government of Mexico, between 1992 and 2002, the number of agricultural households fell an astounding 75% - from 2.3 million to 575, 000.[19]....

www.countercurrents.org...

The international Ag Corporations with the help of governments INTENTIONALLY bankrupted small farmers to drive the people into illegally crossing the US border where they are "employed" by the SAME international Corporations as below minimum wage labor. A win-win for the Mega Corporations a lose-lose for the Mexicans and the American workers.

I wish the Zapatistas all the luck in the world. I just hope they realize the fight is against the Government puppets, Banksters and international corporate cartels and not the rest of us who are also being raped by the elite.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
i used to work for an online bookies and bingo company who used a famous wife of an old brummie rockstar in their advertising campaign. there was an occasion about 3 years ago where a hacker closed the website down for a few hours asking for a top job in online security. the company said no but i wonder if it was possible for him to get the bank details that were on file.
this company had business all over the world (not bingo) and the funny but slightly off topic thing was that they cancelled acounts of people who won more often than not when betting on sports and even on roullette which is a game of chance.

edit on 8-12-2010 by lewman because: one word not needed

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I, personally, hope they bring their whole system down. Here in America we have become too comfortable with just going along with the flow, not asking questions about our own government. Of course we all know they do the exact same thing we only think other countries do, but we tend to turn a shy eye when it hits close to home. I, for one, know that when tshtf, our government will only look out for themselves, forget the little man. we all depend on them for so much, just like suckling children. How can anyone think our government is any different than any other? We are the ones the founding fathers put in charge. Yet we cower down to whatever our elected officails tell us to do. Shame on us for allowing them so much power over our God given rights.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

The problem you have with all of this is the stigma 'cyber terrorism' I can't help but feel there is more to all of this than meets the eye, I hope I am wrong, but this will give the US authorities the greatest excuse to introduce net neutrality if cyber attacks continue....

Yes this reminds me of 9/11.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste"

I do not trust the machiavellian intellect of the elite one little bit.

First they used the Federal Reserve Act (1913) and the over 100 amendments to ultimately gain complete control of the US money supply. By controling FDR they pushed the Bretton Woods agreement. This allowed the Banksters to take control of the World's economy through the World Bank, IMF and the US dollar as the reserve currency instead of gold.

Nicole Johnson in a well researched Article shows how the elite made the decision to target farmers and have been pursuing the goal of wiping out the independent farmer ever since 1942.

After research those two subjects, I do not trust the motives or methods of governments one little bit!

The following tells me they have the professionals needed to dream up this sort of "incident" to herd us in the direction they want.

First Stan Greenberg is the " hired gun strategist" in Greenberg Carville Shrum who directed Campaigns in 60 countries.

“He was also a strategic consultant to the Climate Center of the Natural Resources Defense Council on its multi-year campaign on global warming.....

Republican pollster Frank Luntz says "Stan Greenberg scares the hell out of me. He doesn't just have a finger on the people's pulse; he's got an IV injected into it.” ilf.ndi.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
At least it shows the future Battles will be Electronic which is a way good no losing your loved one's and no more blood and gore the world is maturing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Great post.

And indeed, this has become a full blown class warfare society we are living in, with draconian implementation being carried out from a very select few in high positions of power against the rest of the entire planet.

People like this group show that the "little people" are still willing to stand up against tyranny. I cn hear many cheering and rooting for them. The masses are tired of being kicked around by these self-serving Elitists.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

First they went after paypal, then the two major credit card orgs, and now they took the firm leveling charges at Assange!

Is this how the future battles will be fought between the masses and the gov entities?

Are we seeing the onset of a new movement? A backlash against big brother, via net warfare?

www.rawstory.com
edit on 8-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo
I think you may be onto something. Maybe this is why we ar ehearing so much about internet censoring right now, maybe this kind of force is going to be the way the revolution plays out.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I think it may well play out in such fashion.

Right now, the net is the last bastion of freedom and information.

It is the only place where the masses can still recieve REAL information and news about what is ACTUALLY taking place in the world, without heavily censored and "steered" data, such as the case with all of the mainstream media outlets, which are completely controlled by special interests.

The hackers may be the populace's future unsung heroes...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Go, go "Anonymous." .... like other replies I agree that this is the new way of disobidence to the powers that be!!
I just hope its not a government way to censor the internet.

new topics

top topics

join