It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Assange refused bail,

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Mr Assange refused bail,

www.bbc.co.uk

Bail was refused and the Australian, who denies sexually assaulted two women in Sweden, was remanded in custody pending a full hearing next week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I hope Mr Assange's leaks tonight (GMT) gives us something to go, WOW, "you know what I mean". I'm sure his nerves are shattered with high profile people saying he should be snuffed.
Just heard a host of celebrities including Jemanna Kann, Lord Goldsmith's daughter offered to help bail him.
I just hope Julian, doesn't have a so-called accident as they say..

Stay safe and chin up.

I didnt see this posted & if so please remove

Peace

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
British justice is a joke ,

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

Star and Flag

Wow...very interesting chain of events....

my guess is that the U.S Gov't wants him to give the namesand locations of moles....doubt he'll give in to that demand...the operation to release the 'big guns' will commence

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It is rather strange that he wasn't given bail. Don't forget that here in the UK, no money is required.
Bail is normally only refused if, there is a risk the defendant might abscond, or may be a threat, of the type that the charge entails. Given the fact that he voluntarily handed himself in, then bail should have been automatic. America holds a lot of sway over here and that may be the reason.

He may not hold up too well in that type of environment.
Although who knows sometimes the lags are supportive of anti-establishment figures.
It may also be the case that the powers that be, will make it hard for him.
By choosing a particularly unpleasant environment.
It certainly doesn't look good for wikileaks.

edit on 7-12-2010 by midicon because: insert bottom paragraph

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

What his lawyer just said was there will probably be a second bail hearing as like Assange's lawyers the Judge would like to see the evidence that the Swede's have as well.
So not sure when the second bail hearing will be though.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

I'm thinking that they reported that Mr. Assange refused bail, but that it was offered?

Am i incorrect?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
heh , yea go ahead , do a martyr out of him , and lets see what happens then
) I am not 100% behind wikileaks , bit does tptb do not know that making a martyr out of somebody makes things usually more complicated
?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by researchit

It may actually be a good thing. Protection. Certain people will not be able to assassinate him and if he is then its safe to say there will be questions asked considering he was remanded in custody.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Good. I hope they roast this self serving publicist's ass.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

They remanded him in custody and set an extradition hearing for the 14th I think, However Assange's lawyers said it is hard to make a case as they have not seen the evidence of the Swedish case, so the judge decided that before he could grant bail he would have to see the evidence as well.
So there will likely be a second bail hearing. But for now is being remanded in custody.

Sorry no links I just saw the lawyers press conference on the BBC and that's what I got from it.
edit on 7-12-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I re-read the article.
He didn't refuse bail, it was refused on the assumption he might abscond.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Star and Flag

Wow...very interesting chain of events....

my guess is that the U.S Gov't wants him to give the names and locations of moles....doubt he'll give in to that demand...the operation to release the 'big guns' will commence

Totally agree ButterCookie. The week ahead will be interesting and I'll be keeping a eye on these developments. I hope he can stay strong. The public deserves to know the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I just think there is way to many unanswered questions as to the legitimacy of these allegations of rape and what not. There hasn't been conclusive evidence to support these allegations. I think the USG got caught, and now they are trying to save face.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Gotcha..Thanks

So this make for a more interesting turn then.......

Do you think this will cause him to give the greenlight on the other links?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You can apply for bail three times in the magistrates court, if refused then you can apply to the high court once.
At least I think that's how it goes.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You and me both!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well I posted this in another thread, maybe the better place is here, so I repost.
---
There were some eyewitnesses, who twittered. In resume:

Julian Assange is held in custody until Dec 14.
Ken Loach, Jemima Khan and John Pilger offered to pay the bail (20000 pound each), but the judge rejected it. Another source even talked about 180000 quid on the table.

Pilger called it a politically motivated travesty.

The charges are now specified: "sex by surprise" means, she slept, when he started without a condom, "rape" means, he held her arms and forced sex with a condom.

Assange said, he refuses photos, fingerprints and DNS samples during arrest.

The judge refused the bail, because Assange has no significant ties to UK and lives in a nomadic way.
---

Jemima Khan just twittered a few minutes ago:

I was just in court to provide surety if bail is granted to Julian Assange of wikileaks. Statement to follow.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
And now things are coming to light, The prosecution's case has several puzzling flaws, and there is scant public evidence of rape or sexual molestation. Not to mention, that one of the alleged victims is one of those crazy, feminists. That should be the big " eye opener ' right there, in the alleged claims.

The article below is a good read, and sheds some light on questionable allegations.

source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thats to bad hope we get to see the insurance files now....

Keep us posted!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join