It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks INSURANCE: Did you download it?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
so hes arrested

OK

so it means we will have the key soon

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
BTW

you need software called AES Crypt to open INSURANCE file

many people aproached me and said ' how do i open even if i have the key'

thats how, you install AES Crypt, click on INSURANCE file, it prompts you with key and pass word and thats it, it will most likely become an .RAR or .ZIP archive with .txt documents in it

thank you

edit on 7-12-2010 by anubisone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Do NOT download anything from Wikileaks. This could be used against you in the future people... dont feed into the negativity. What do you have to gain by downloading anything from them? Nothing. Think before you act. Net neutrality is coming folks... be smart.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
No I didn't, as much as I am enjoying the dramedy
I don't want to do anything that could be used against me in a court of law, plus I don't download anything without knowing what it is.

And yes, I also had the virus theory.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Im not sure downloading will be the issue. They will most likely go after those who release it once they get the password. There is already talk today in the House of representatives that is calling the current release from Wiki leaks an act of terrorism. I expect anyone that takes part in future releases will be considered terrorists in the eyes of the government. Here is a link to the video and a transcript of what was said by Mrs. Miller today.

www.c-spanvideo.org...

00:01:20 MR. SPEAKER, SINCE WIKILEAKS HAS BEGUN RELEASING TOP-SECRET INFORMATION THAT WAS OBTAINED ILLEGALLY, THERE HAS BEEN A DEBATE OF HOW OUR NATION SHOULD RESPOND TO THIS.
00:01:37 I BELIEVE THE -- IT SHOULD BE TREATED AS A TERRORIST .
00:01:40 ORGANIZATION.
00:01:51 WELL, CONSIDER FOR A MOMENT BY THE FOUNDER OF WIKILEAKS WHICH SHOWS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS, A TERRORIST.
00:02:01 HE HAS SPREAD ACROSS THE WORLD AN ENCRYPTED DOCUMENT WHICH HE CLAIMS HAS EVEN MORE VITAL NATIONAL SECRETS THAT HE'S GOING TO RELEASE.
00:02:10 AND HE CALLS THESE FILES HIS INSURANCE FILES AND HE'S THREATENED TO RELEASE THIS INFORMATION IF HE'S CAPTURED OR IF HE'S CHARGED WITH ANY VIOLATION OF LAW.
00:02:23 THOSE, MR. SPEAKER, ARE NOT THE ACTIONS OF A JOURNALIST.
00:02:28 THOSE ARE THE ACTIONS OF A TERRORIST.
00:02:31 EVEN PRESIDENT CLINTON RECENTLY SAID THAT LIFE WILL BE LOST BECAUSE OF THE RELEASE OF THIS INFORMATION, BUT STILL, MR.
00:02:38 SPEAKER, WE STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING ON THIS ISSUE FROM OUR CURRENT COMMANDER IN CHIEF, PRESIDENT OBAMA.
00:02:46 THE SILENCE FROM PRESIDENT OBAMA, OUR COMMANDER IN CHIEF, IS ABSOLUTELY BAFFLING.
00:02:52 I YIELD BACK.

I bet they are writing some nasty law as we speak to punish anyone that is involved. Please be careful with the insurance file, you might regret having it.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I may download it, but I highly doubt I'll ever see that encryption key. You'd think it would be out by now with him arrested without bail, right? It could always be some sort of bluff to try and keep him self alive.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatKnot

I agree, though at the same time we're probably all considered terrorists for thinking against the norm, or what the Govmnt's doing is evil, etc.

I don't think though that you would get into any more trouble having the file than not. But who knows?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by songofthebirdy

Imagine if they pass a law that proposed making the leaked information a weapon of terror, which in turn would make the possession of the information as illegal as having a few pounds of C-4 stuck to your laptop. And it would also make the release of the information an act of terror. I believe it could happen, and if it does, make sure and cover your tracks. TPTB will make an example out of somebody to show they are serious.

edit on 7-12-2010 by WhatKnot because: Grammer

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
What a load of mard b****rds...

You stand united or alone..Which ever way, you have to make a stand against the corruption..

Governments are here to serve the people, NOT themselves... Until they realise that then revolution may be the ONLY means. IMO obv.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by anubisone

I think you make a good point.. Like you I enjoy reading this stuff k. Ats etc..
But would never download it, especially if you don't know what it contains.. Very dangerous!

Dangerous to who?? Even if it was a computer virus. What's the big deal? It could only hurt superficial things, like your computer and data. It wouldn't make sense to distribute a computer virus that way. There are easier ways to infect multiple computers. No, the insurance file is something else.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
When do you think hypothetically this "Insurance" file will become available???
Thanks in advance.
I am waiting with baited breath for the ufo references...I know Assange made vague reference to them being mentioned but I am still curious.
edit on 7-12-2010 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

surely in next two months
so be patient

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Thank you for the answer and Info.
We live in great although convoluted and scary times imo.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
All you temerous people out there....surely you understand that "those who refuse to stand for something could just as easy fall for anything......"
I have the file twice its on this machine and elsewhere too.
The minute the key becomes available i am on it....first to break into it, and second to make disc copies of what i can, and start apreading them around....
FREE SPEECH IS NOT TERRORISM, Your founding fathers are rolling over in their graves......The republic needs its militias, and its people to chart a new course for its goverment,..... back to constitutional law.....
The military will be hard put to defend a goverment they already know is both heartless and corrupt.
Nobody has died yet from wikileaks exposures, but how many of our people have died because of stop loss...The program whereupon the services can retain those whose enlistment is up for indefinate periods of time, in theater....after they should have gone home.
I can tell you that more than one of these illegally conscripted troops never made it home alive.....
But we have an all volunteer professional army right? Yeah sure.....
If we were to document just the obvious lies this government has perpetrated on the people,it would require a lot of space....and may perhaps shock some of you into a more proactive stance.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anubisone

I found a good one one on the pirate bay with 2,600 seeds HERE. I'll use peerblock and seed it and keep it on my flash drive. What are the chances that I could get in trouble for doing this in America though?

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

With regards to free speech I see two issues in this situation. The government is currently searching for evidence that the information was obtained illegally which changes the situation completely and would make the file content illegal to obtain using any method which has nothing to do with free speech at all. Second, with the ease that TPTB are having shutting wiki-leaks down by means of pressuring the mediums that are carrying the site, how many media companies would be willing to publish any further information that stems from this site. If the media outlets feel that they have more to lose then to gain from putting the info out there then the file will never see the light of day.Which means the masses will never see the information, and the ones who do will not be able to do anything about whatever is learned from it. Its an up hill battle. Although, I believe, if a media company has the guts to go through the government pressure cooker for free speech then we would see the start of a real revolution here with regards to government transparency. Otherwise, welcome back to the information dark ages.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xinthose

Treason??? I know anyone outside of the USA cannot be arrested for treason but if your in the USA then this is something they may say

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by anubisone
Hi

Many ATS-ers wonder about the contest of WikiLeaks INSURANCE.aes256 file - its encrypted and its encrypted strong:

AES has a fixed block size of 128 bits and a key size of 128, 192, or 256 bits, whereas Rijndael can be specified with block and key sizes in any multiple of 32 bits, with a minimum of 128 bits. The blocksize has a maximum of 256 bits, but the keysize has no theoretical maximum.

Wikileaks Insurance Aes256 all over Web

The huge file, posted on the Afghan War page at the WikiLeaks site, is 1.4 GB and is encrypted with AES256. The file’s size dwarfs the size of all the other files on the page combined. The file has also been posted on a torrent download site. et-spilling site, has speculated that the new file added days later may have been posted as insurance in case something happens to the WikiLeaks website or to the organization’s founder, Julian Assange. In either scenario, WikiLeaks volunteers, under a prearranged agreement with Assange, could send out a password or passphrase to allow anyone who has downloaded the file to open it. It’s not known what the file contains but it could include the balance of data that U.S. Army intelligence analyst Bradley Manning claimed to have leaked to Assange before he was arrested in May.

Assange said if he gets in danger the key for the file will be distributed all over web, unlocking the content of the file...

some 100 000 people are believed to have downloaded the file..its all over Torrent Web

my Q is : How many ATS-ers downloaded it? WILL YOU download it? Or you already did?

KEEP STRONG

THANK YOU
edit on 7-12-2010 by anubisone because: links

Nah. I don't want that stuff on my drive. It is illegal for unauthorized individuals to have classified documents in their possession.
edit on 7-12-2010 by Nephalim because: It is fun to have extra text down here. HI ATS!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I have downloaded it but I have thought along the lines of what you said.

I also like the comment made about it being a super virus, interesting theory considering the gov will have this sitting in alot of places.

as to what is on it, agreed that it must be something big enough to be considered as "insurance"

good to hear y'all and stay safe.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Makhluf claimed that he had no assets in the U.S. “Only a fool would invest in America,” he said.

Cable Link

LOL... Don't it make you p**s

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join