It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive-laden Calif. home to be destroyed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Explosive-laden Calif. home to be destroyed

news.yahoo.com

ESCONDIDO, Calif. – Neighbors gasped when authorities showed them photos of the inside of the Southern California ranch-style home: Crates of grenades, mason jars of white, explosive powder and jugs of volatile chemicals that are normally the domain of suicide bombers.

Prosecutors say Serbian-born George Jakubec quietly packed the home with the largest amount of homemade explosives ever found in one location in the U.S. and was running a virtual bomb-making factory in his suburban neighborhood.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nctimes.com
www.foxnews.com
www.aolnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Search of 'Bomb Factory' House in California Halted

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Kinda makes you wonder what might be in your own neighborhood huh?

The other people in the residential zone, said they never noticed anything odd about the people that resided there.

Apparently they tried to remove some of the stuff and detonate it, but it was too risky to keep moving things around.

I think I would go out of town if I lived there, while they were doing all of this. i would have had a talk with my home-owners insurance company too...to make sure it was covered if they blew up the whole neighborhood.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InertiaZero

Aye it makes you think that you cant trust even your neighbours these days
Humanity is deffinately going downhill

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Luckily, it was found before it just blew up.

That would have been awful!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Aha! But then again theve found it in order to stop it blowing up, So they can blow it up in thier own way.
The feds allways have all the fun

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
From the article:

Now authorities face the risky task of getting rid of the explosives. The property is so dangerous and volatile that that they have no choice but to burn the home to the ground this week in a highly controlled operation involving dozens of firefighters, scientists and hazardous material and pollution experts.

What could possibly go wrong?

How do they expect this isn't going to turn into a neighborhood destroying event? This ought to be interesting for the insurance companies.

UPDATE: Putting on my conspiracy cap here....
The article goes on to say this has NEVER been done before. Makes me wonder if they are trying to burn evidence which may tie him to something the government doesn't want anyone to know about?
edit on 6-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: update

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
From the article:

Now authorities face the risky task of getting rid of the explosives. The property is so dangerous and volatile that that they have no choice but to burn the home to the ground this week in a highly controlled operation involving dozens of firefighters, scientists and hazardous material and pollution experts.

What could possibly go wrong?

How do they expect this isn't going to turn into a neighborhood destroying event? This ought to be interesting for the insurance companies.

UPDATE: Putting on my conspiracy cap here....
The article goes on to say this has NEVER been done before. Makes me wonder if they are trying to burn evidence which may tie him to something the government doesn't want anyone to know about?
edit on 6-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: update

HAHA!

Too true.
But do you think there is some kind of loophole in the insurance claims? Like with Katrina?

"Im sorry ma'am, but the damage is not covered. So says section 12436758956735, line 4. The rule states that houses are not covered by accidental explosions coming from another nearby property"

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I read another article where they cited two previous examples of blowing up houses because of stuff they found inside. I'll try to find those, but in the meantime I think its a horrible precedent to demand the right to burn down a private residence for the convenience of the government. What if they find some old munitions in your house, or an old stick of dynamate? Can they then claim the right to destroy your house? Are they going to demand this right if you lived in that house and died of some strange disease? Or what if you keep a real pig sty? Are they going to burn down your house merely because its full of potentially dangerous bacteria?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Actually, from the article, the home owners of the house to be destroyed will not be compensated by the county. As for the other homeowners, it didn't say.

Another line of questioning I have, wasn't the Patriot Act supposed to catch a guy like that? What the hell is the FBI/ATF doing with all their free time? I want answers, and I want them now!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That definately is news to me. I'm surprised my local news hasn't said anything about that. I live about 30mins from Escondido. Not too long ago, they arrested a man from the Lemon Grove area about 10 mins from where I live because he tried to set an explosion off near one of the freeway expansions that CalTrans is working on. A landscaper working on the man's property found explosives laying around on his lawn. Insane, I tell you , insane.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

That's this same house. The gardner got hurt by stuff he stepped on in the back yard.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Aye it makes you think that you cant trust even your neighbours these days
Humanity is deffinately going downhill

Maybe if you had any contact with your neighbor then it would be better.

If any of the neighbors had contact with this bomb maker, and if they were good with their neighbors they would known more about him/

Be good to your neighbors, invite them to your house blablabla.. it is amazing these days that people live with their neighbor side by side for years and still don't know each other, and don't know what is going on in the other house.

Anyways, lucky this wasn't a Muslim man, or Jeeeeezus, there would be such a huge commotion and name calling and debate that everyone would forget about Assange

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
How many Flags, Stars and comments would this thread have if it was a Muslim stock piling these bombs.

It is a legitimate question really

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
"what he planned to do with them remain mysteries"
I would love to know what he pland to do with it all?
sell it on Ebay?

"Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has declared a
state of emergency, and hospitals will be on standby
in case there is a rash of people getting sick, Newman said."
"They have studied how fast the chemicals can become
neutralized under heat expected to reach 1800 degrees
and estimate that could happen within 30 minutes, which
means most of the toxins will not even escape
the burning home, Newman said."

What? getting Sick? sick from what? toxins?
what is in there that they are not telling us?
if you live near it run! and if you live down wind.

"Afterward, officials will monitor the air and groundwater
for toxins. Hazardous material crews will be brought in
to remove the top layer of dirt on the half-acre property,
possibly digging down as much as 6 inches. "
thats nice they will dig your garden for you!

"the county does not have to reimburse the owners"
ouch I am sorry for you.
"she plans to close the windows"
oops! should leave them open.
the presure wave will blow them in.

top topics

join