It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Given Opportunity To Sanctuary, Out of Reach Of Your Government, What Would It Be Worth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Ive been reading about all these great ideas to start communities out in the wildernesses, to prepare for oncoming crisis in the ecosystem or government round up. i have to say that although a great idea to prepare for emergency's for short term survival situations. its not a realistic endeavor for the faint at heart. it is quite more involved than just gathering a large group of sincere people and a few tools with a good idea and making it work.
most of these groups fail very quickly when they realize that not everyone is going to give their all and then the squabbling starts over silly minuet issues and personality conflicts, and then majority just walks away in frustration back to 3 hots and a cot with cable.

the very first things in planning an endeavor such as a survival community is
#1. what is it worth to your group? how much are they willing to spend in hard cash money?
#2. how able are these people to do what is necessary to get the job done?
#3. are these people sincere enough to go where ever on this planet its necessary to set up and establish the community?

Just as any business, you first must have a viable business plan, that could pass the scrutiny of any financial institution, and the funding to match your dreams and concepts, along with the backbone to bring it to a functioning reality. otherwise your just spinning your wheels and wasting valuable time and assets.

location, location, location, is paramount. without the correct address you and your group will most definitely fail. so the bottom line is everyone must be totally in agreeance to where this community will be located, because the most important thing about survival is comfort in your location. if vital survival insecurities become an issue over the location, then all is lost.

weeding out the losers. there is no way in hell you could drag a single person to where ever you are going to organize a community, if there is something wrong with them. they will single handedly destroy everything with their negativity and abuse. Everyone, "although every person has their own special personality", must find a workable common ground with their community members and must stay aware of potential disruption due to LOSERS.

If you were sincere, capable, non anal, and had the financial means to invest in a community endeavor, and desired to sanctuary outside the controls of the establishment, where would you feel comfortably confident in the world, that you could chance everything, knowing there was no return to your formal life?

and are you currently prepared to make that leap at a moments notice?

please write what you think and feel, because brainstorming ideas are where masterpieces develop and dreams come true

edit on 6-12-2010 by aliengenes because: add

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm thinking of the B C Coastal area for my family. Their is enough moisture so the pine beetle has not been as big of a threat as it is in most western states. If a lot of people headed for the hills, it wouldn't be too long until massive wildfires developed from people being careless and then you are just on the run again back into the cities if you could make it.
There is a good population of fish and naturally occurring berries in those areas for a couple of food sources. One drawback is the lack of solar energy due to the cloudiness. Perhaps wind power is an option for those areas but I have not researched that enough.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

I can understand your idea, but wouldn't you feel that a more temperate weather solution could be more viable?
I hear everyone heading to the great northern freezing ass territories, and it just freezes me to the bone thinking of the human ice sickle count. Brrrrrie

who in their right mind wants to live like a mountain man, when there are far greater comfort zones to set up shop, even coastal shops in?

now I'm not saying that you want to live in a desert or extreme hot and humid environment either, but something right perfectly in between.

the most important thing that must first be focused on, is fresh free running spring water, and preferably with large pools. one reason is animals gather to feed and drink around them, and you must have unlimited access to water for your health and possible energy sources. IE: hydro power plant.
edit on 6-12-2010 by aliengenes because: add

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The coastal areas don't get all that cold compared to most of the rocky mountains and deserts of the southwest. I understand what you are saying though in terms of a more tropical environment that would be ideal but most 3rd world countries happen to be around the equator. When grids go down, diseases have a way of spreading quickly.

You would want a variety of terrain as in mountains in case water levels did somehow rise. I don't want to be stuck on an island or I would at least have a main land nearby as a backup.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

what about the southern island of new zealand? I hear it has everything including mountain ranges and large deer, with no predators or toxic animals. although the north island has a fairly large population and active volcanoes, the southern island is pretty much uninhabited with dead volcanoes and large mountain ranges full of water and wildlife, with ocean all around it.... the best of all worlds.

my proposal was to get as far away from the united states as possible, but not give up too many comforts in a prime location. and its close to asia and australia

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I took a look online for real estate listings and it seems the prices are what I would consider a little high for what they offered. There were some auction listings but I doubt they are having much of a forecloser crisis like the US.

In the past I had looked at co-ops that had farms and such but I didn't find many that were looking for families. They seem to be more open towards a visitor or two sticking around for a while. Let me know if you find something in that area that looks promising.

top topics

join