It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lego Games - Really, if you haven't tried them....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
these are some of the most addictive games my wife and I have played (and that's one of the best things about it....that even she can get into these)...

We've played the Batman, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones ones, and just recently I got the Harry Potter one.

The neat thing is, the music and sound effects are from the movies, but all else is with a Lego twist. They have humor, challenge, and are just plain fun to play (and beautiful to boot).

If you ever thought these were too "kiddie", you're really missing out on some great games, especially if fans of these movies. (and, if you can play one of them, basically the same controls for all, so easy to get right to playing)...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

yeah, I love the Lego Starwars, haven't got a chance to play the Batman or Indiana Jones ones.

Batman is really fun. Eventually, you'll get the chance to be most all of the villains, including those not in the films (like Killer Croc, etc.), and some of the Bat suits and gadgets are just fun...(like the glide suit).

edit on 6-12-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Games are fun.
edit on 6-12-2010 by TheFlagHunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
G, check out their newest venture:

universe.lego.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

That looks like fun, but also time consuming, hehe... (whole reason I never got back into the whole MMORPG thing... Just six months of EverQuest...8 if you count the beta, was enough for me to realize my addiction factor...)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

funny, I played EQ ages ago (and 2 and beta played a bunch of others. always like eq more than the others and recently jumped back on for a few months. cancelled the account the other day when I realized it had been months since I played).

the lego game looks cool as hell and, if my son were older, he'd be playing it. I would avoid letting a kid play a game like that as it is along the lines of advertising smokes to kids. get em hooked while they're young.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I play the LEGO videogames mostly because they are "safe" to play when my little kids are in the room. They enjoy watching the games and, for the most part, I enjoy playing them. I do wish they'd make an FPS Lego games, though. The camera angles for the platformers tend to leave you flat out stuck in some areas at times.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i have played the majority of them and can safely say they are crap.......crap....and more crap they are pointless boring and just plain old crap

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pixiekaram

While I, and most others, surely respect your opinion, that's all it is. It's just like Pokemon (
at me if you want) but many people say Pokemon sucks because it's too kiddish. The same argument could be made for any of the LEGO games.

However, they're really decent games. All of the LEGO games have a pretty good depth to them and obviously the story lines are good because they are only following Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Batman, and Harry Potter. People love going to see the real movies, and a lot of people love LEGO's, so why wouldn't this work? Just like Pokemon too, it's a really deep RPG...just with a bunch of kiddy looking made up animals

edit to add: that is a GREAT thing about these games too, like the OP said...the lady friend can play too! My girlfriend and I have spent a ton of time playing these games. Usually she just watches me play Oblivion but when I pull out these games, she automatically grabs the second controller.

Nobody has to like them really, but I agree with the OP. Definitely fun games if you want something casual to play.
edit on 1/4/2011 by philosearcher because: Add a tiny smidge of info.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Lego Rock Raiders was a lot of fun back on the ps1. I used to play it for hours back then.
Lego Rock Raiders

It looks like they also made a PC version that I wasnt aware, now I kinda want to go hunt a copy down.

new topics

top topics

join