It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010-12-05: Cablegate: News from the infowar front [Update 1]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

2010-12-05: Cablegate: News from the infowar front [Update 1]

wlcentral.org

"The first serious infowar is now engaged. The field of battle is WikiLeaks. You are the troops," wrote John Perry Barlow on Twitter.

...at the helm of a powerful new global movement able to paralyse the work of governments and corporations around the world
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Evgeny Morozov has cautioned in The Financial Times that the US backlash against WikiLeaks and Julian Assange may have unintended consequences: "WikiLeaks could be transformed from a handful of volunteers to a global movement of politicised geeks clamouring for revenge. Today’s WikiLeaks talks the language of transparency, but it could quickly develop a new code of explicit anti-Americanism, anti-imperialism and anti-globalisation.[...] An aggressive attempt to go after WikiLeaks – by blocking its web access, for instance, or by harassing its members – could install Mr Assange (or whoever succeeds him) at the helm of a powerful new global movement able to paralyse the work of governments and corporations around the world."

What work?

wlcentral.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Someone needs to send in James Bond to deal with this new world-threat... because disclosed information is like totally dangerous and stuff... not like the Chinese though, because intercepting classified military and commercial intelligence and cracking DoD servers is like way totally less destructive???

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I hope we can be this lucky!

Even the so called republican party, of which I used to be a member of, has fallen so far as to condemn anyone for showing the mistakes of bad government... (Which used to be considered a patriotic duty)...

Now we have so called Christians (of which I am one) calling for assange to be killed and treated like a terrorist...

In this case it was Palin, who said this, amongst a few other noted republican Christian conservatives, also calling for assange to be outed....

These people should NOT be considered Christian by any means...They have let the cat out of the bag themselves and shown they do not follow any Christian values, but rather, they follow theirs, and their peer's values..

Maybe wikileaks can help us out if they can do what you suggest..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Starred and flagged!

Are we experiencing a digitally inspired revolution here? Good sources in this thread. IMO, these communiques were handed off to Wikileaks by senior people in the US Govt; there are so many of them. They were NOT the high security cables certain hysterical politicos declared but they have enough information to rock the boat. They have revived my faith in human nature and the good sense of diplomats and the unending scullduggery of greedy unprincipled political people the world over. Some now have REAL egg on their face. Sweden should be ashamed of their craven illegal prosecution of Assange. The "rape" charges dropped, he had permission to leave Sweden; now they accuse him of leaving illegally and want him held 'incommunicado'...I had thought Sweden was a bastion of democracy but it is turning out to be the willing lapdog of the US vendettaists.
The article from Russian warning of a "backlash" against the vengeful American politicos was prescient; very quickly Wikileaks has turned into a beacon of truth in the face of terrible wrath and oppression. Those who caved in early in the quest to silence Assange are looking very very craven indeed. It will only get worse for them as we learn even more from the cables. Most of the Cables don't make Americans look entirely bad...in fact, it is spread around pretty evenly.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Do you think the wikileaks data on the banks may have something to do with this thread here?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I hate to bump my own post but i think that this money laundering business was way too profitable for the strapped banks not to have tried it out....
The amount of cold cash requiring laundering each day is in the staggering billions....The Cartels have semi truckloads of cash stashed all over, that they need to get washed and cleaned of the blood and the stench so it can be legitimately invested in the white economy, thus entrenching these organised killers in our business world.
egad!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Do you remember the old military enlistment ad on TV? "I am an Army of One"

Can you imagine what 100,000 good to expert hackers can do to not only communications but also to infrastructure? Anything can be cracked and therefore manipulated. But I remember from long ago, "they who can destroy a thing, control a thing."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 6-12-2010 by ilandrah because: Got it sorted

new topics

top topics

join