It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was this banned?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Anyone know?
edit on 5-12-2010 by ElisahumanE because: (no reason given)

Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on 5/12/2010 by Sauron because: add Mod Note

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Banned from where? Here? YouTube? NASA?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ElisahumanE

Good question. Althought must not be too banned since we were able to watch it but still does raise the question on what they have to hide from keeping it from public view. Nice find.

edit on 5-12-2010 by Stop-loss! because: I grew up a screw up

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
When you post the movie, insert the movie ID, in this case "WqXuGN3n5CE" which is between the "=" and "&" symbols. See? Then use the yvid WqXuGN3n5CE /yvid tages inside of the sideways triangle "brackets."
edit on 5-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.
edit on 2010/12/5 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It is the usual on youtube, people label things RARE, BANNED, UNSEEN etc to get more hits for whatever egotistical reasons that get them out of bed in the morning

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Yes, that's sort of what i mean. I'd be interested to know.
Sorry if there is a thread already in here on ATS about it, didn't find it that quick.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

didlydid-do

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

So, 'Space Shuttle Mission Discovery'' has nothing to do with Nasa then?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Well it obviously isn't banned..........because you just posted it!................complete with atmospheric music!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElisahumanE

sshhhh
Ignorance is banned here at ATS.

edit on 5-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

On the 13th March, 1989 the Space Shuttle 'Discovery' was launched. 20 hours and 45 minutes into the mission at 0642 hrs. Eastern Standard Time, the above message was heard from a Discovery crew member. The message was recorded by Donald Ratsch in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. He is a member of the Goddard Amateur Radio Club, which monitors all NASA space flights. Before this amazing message an amateur radio enthusiast in Ohio states that the crew of the Shuttle told Houston Mission Control that there was something wrong, "We have a fire". It is thought that this was a codeword for UFO and would alert Nasa that the Shuttle had a problem. Straight after the transmission it is alledged by another radio enthusiast Mr. Oechsler that NASA instructed the crew to switch frequencies to a secure mode. The incident was reported by the media and the tape played on LBC (London Broadcasting Company) from where the wav file was obtained. For some time Nasa denied that the actual message was transmittted from a Shuttle mission. However Nasa spokesman James Hatfield has now stated that the tape is genuine but the incident was a hoax.

www.ufoseek.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

What are you talking about? I was asking a question. You said it was banned. And I asked, banned from where? I wasn't arguing.

Obviously we're watching it so again, I'll ask my question.....Where is this supposedly banned from? Because the title said so?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That video (apparently not banned from anywhere) is made with, at least, images from two different missions, STS-114 and STS-80.

Saying it's "banned" or "forbidden" it's a good way to attract the gullible, and much used in YouTube.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Exactly. It's called marketing (now can I become moderator too
?)

I subscribe to this YouTube and all her titles are "UFO ET Disclosure (fill in the current month)" and her videos have nothing to do with UFOs. It's to attract attention.
Here, might as well plug her!
Notice her title

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You might be right about the standard-used-term ''banned etc''...but mind you, i see (after comparing) no similarities between the STS-114 and STS-80 and frames on this clip?...

(I'm not hostile questioning, so am expecting the same back, in case (others) didn't understand that, Btw: i also kind of understand if you get irritated from the background music though...it's afterall not :cool

*just sayin'*

edit on 5-12-2010 by ElisahumanE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arthurium

that the crew of the Shuttle told Houston Mission Control that there was something wrong, "We have a fire". It is thought that this was a codeword for UFO and would alert Nasa that the Shuttle had a problem.

hmm - that sounds remarkably like :

Capt. Morton: [code phrase] There's a fire, sir.

source : " the andromeda strain " , MOVIE - 1971

such allegedly " secret code words " , are IMHO utter twaddle - there are 1001 ways to alert mission control to any promblem - without resorting to ` secret sqirrel ` code words

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

You might be right about the standard-used-term ''banned etc''...but mind you, i see (after comparing) no similarities between the STS-114 and STS-80 and frames on this clip?...
Your point being?

After 70 posts I'd think you'd know you're supposed to at least provide a brief description of the video in the OP, even if you don't know the mission numbers like Armap you could call it "NASA video from space shuttle in orbit" or something like that.

So now that we've watched it, what do you want to know? You're supposed to elaborate on that a little also.

The first dialog the video opens with is a hoax:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What's in there has been posted many times before.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

They are not banned. Just go to Martyn Stubb's channel on youtube secretnasaman and see the full versions. These are short clips with color changed to blue

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Wow, another BANNED video.....

Only

It's NOT Banned, never has, never will be and worse still it's been on here soooo many times and as much as I love it and I do there's only so many times I can watch it under false pretenses. So OP, please, you broke at least two rules here, you didn't search and you failed to add a comment to your initial post.

Trust me, it's very easy to be ignored on here, posting false or badly named video's is most definitely one of them..

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

First of all, sorry if I sounded too aggressive in my reply. And no, it was not because of the music, I don't listen to most of the videos I see.

Here you have the videos I was talking about.

STS-114

The sequence that starts at 00:23 in the video you posted is from the following video, and in this "cut" it starts at around 1:18

STS-80

top topics

<<   2 >>

join