It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian satellite launch fails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Moscow (CNN) -- Russia's space agency is investigating the failed launch of three navigational satellites, the agency reported Sunday. The satellites were meant to complete the Russian GLONASS satellite navigation system. But they went into a "non-targeted orbit" following their launch from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan on Sunday afternoon, the Federal Space Agency reported.

Article Source

Poor, poor Russians. what ever happened to this great nation? I missed this nation when it had the nuts to stand up to the U.S. Hopefully Russia will learn from the past and out do the U.S. in Space again!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
what!? are you Russian? never forget the sacrifices our forefathers made just to give you the life you take for granted in America; no matter what is happening now, remember how humble and God fearing our forefathers were!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xinthose

My forefathers? Is this some type of propaganda from the U.S. government? What is freedom? I can respect your opinion on this subject. I just have very different views. Yes many died for us. Many were forced into war their government wanted them to die in just because of imperialism.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Maybe the Americans sabotaged the launch because they don't want the Russians in control of an alternative to their GPS system, which is used to guide weapons. The Europeans have a competing system, but they are in the pocket of the Americans anyway. It is widely known that the US has a kill switch to disable / encrypt GPS in cases where they don't want other nations using it. It's a mighty strange coincidence that these three satellites would have made the Russian system completely operational.

en.wikipedia.org...

We all take it for granted, but GPS is one of the most decisive military technologies of the last few decades.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well they haven't in 50 years so I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I think the Russian space program contributed greatly to our understanding of the planets in our solar system. Russia was the first in every aspect of the space program except when it came to landing a man on the Moon. They did, however, land rovers on the Moon.
Lunokhod programme.

Here are some of their accomplishments with the planet Venus.
Venera: The Soviet Exploration of Venus.

They were the first and only ones to successfully land on the surface of Venus.
Venera Images of the Surface of Venus.

Now what does this have to do with our forefather's sacrifice? What a worthless comment!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kristobal

Maybe the Americans sabotaged the launch because they don't want the Russians in control of an alternative to their GPS system, which is used to guide weapons. The Europeans have a competing system, but they are in the pocket of the Americans anyway. It is widely known that the US has a kill switch to disable / encrypt GPS in cases where they don't want other nations using it. It's a mighty strange coincidence that these three satellites would have made the Russian system completely operational.

en.wikipedia.org...

We all take it for granted, but GPS is one of the most decisive military technologies of the last few decades.

So we supposedly missed a Chinese missle off the coast of California yet managed to sabotage a Russian launch? ATS definitely keeps me amused. I've stopped having to watch my X-Files DVD's.

We actually lost 2 GPS satellites during launch...one in 1981 and one in 1997.

new topics

top topics

join