It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN News reporter on terror watch list for being critical of TSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Little note to TSA: Avoid putting on your secret watchlist reporters of international network news, no matter how much you don't like what he is saying.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is TRUE terrorism. Resist, and you will be terrorized. Well, they gonna haveta try harder than that, cuz it don't scare me one bit.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is truly psychotic behaviour by TPTB. Seriously, it is.

second

link   
I would have put him on a terror watch list because he works for CNN.

link   
All the best people are on this list!!!

second

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It would be nice if these @ssclowns at the TSA actually proved what they are putting on the "watch list" was actually real information, rather than some thumb-suck-Bayers-theorem-political-retaliation related mythical assumption. I don't buy that some terrorist named Mohamed Al Dimwad is using the name Drew Griffin, c'mon, was he like adopted? This is just too stupid for words. No, I believe this is deliberate targetting and extremely reminiscent of Nazi Germany with all the lists, this ones on that bad list and this other one is on another bad list, eventually, everyone is on the bad list. What is really a joke, is they are supposed to be targetting terrorists, hello???? Profiling might help you dimwad TSA perverts! You're not supposed to piss off the citizens and others and create what you deam to be terrorists becuase they don't agree with assinine policies or don't want to be sexually assualted or maybe don't want to develop skin cancer after 10 flights. I expect you'd have more freedoms and better treatment in the PRC.

Hey TSA, a lot of us were born at night, but we sure as hell weren't born last night. I guess they won't be G7'ing me again....

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Not just Arabs are terrorists...

But yeah, this does show clearly how useless these lists are. Though i thought we got that confirmed already when a 6 year old kid got denied acces to an airplane for being on the terrorist watch list.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Allow me to point out that this isn't unusual behavior for our government to keep lists on the media. If you got search through the FIOA library site on the CIA.gov webpages and look at the huge amount of documents under MKULTRA congressional hearings you'll read a ton of pages on different reporters.

The same is true over on the FBI's webpages. Its astonishing how many news reporters find their names listed in those old declassified files.

I find it refreshing to read so many threads on this topic because of the fury surrounding Julian Assange.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Kind of adding 1+1 together and getting 3 here. They can't actually be sure that it is the actual reporter that is on the list, and not someone who shares the same name as him. He even says in the video, when he proves he's not the same guy, they let him through. Nevertheless, the whole "watchlist" scenario is totally out of line and is just another example of how our liberties are being gradually taken away. Sad times indeed.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thread Barometer: 60% Star

After watching the entire video they claim his name is only on that list due to 400,000 terrorists and some of them have other aliases which match his name Griffin. What I found exceptionally strange about the report is that the other guy, the one that worked for two Democratic Presidents, was also on the terror watch list since 2005.

He assumes it might be political just as Griffin assumes it might be personal for him. After reporting critically about the TSA his name was conveniently placed on that list. I believe it is quite obvious that many of the one million names on the terror watch list are probably on it due to political affiliations.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They're just inching closer and closer to creating a true domestic terrorist who snaps. Everyone has a breaking point and sooner or later, someone is going to reach theirs. When that happens, Im sure that our gov't will take full responsibility. for the actions of the home grown monster. NOT!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
Not just Arabs are terrorists...

But yeah, this does show clearly how useless these lists are. Though i thought we got that confirmed already when a 6 year old kid got denied acces to an airplane for being on the terrorist watch list.

Sotell me romekje what exactly is a "terrorist".and check your handy pocket constitution( you have one don't you?) to tell me how all this"enemies" list stuff squares with "by the people; for the people" President Nixon had an enemies list it was a scandal at the time..
edit on 5-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I think it's the first steps towards an implanted chip, its the only way to be really sure.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Wow. Just wow. Looks like we're just that much closer to a police state. Terror watch list? How many steps away is that from the Red Scare and being black listed? This is not ok people, we seriously need to find a new type of transportation. They control the airports so we need to stop flying places. This is happening right now on CNN! We need to conceive a plan and quickly.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
The Terrorist Sky Authority is coming to a checkpoint near you to keep you from transporting grey or blackmarket products such as untaxed cigarettes, alcohol, cheap pharmaceuticals, gold, silver, diamonds, mj and other illicit drugs or anything of trading value that could allow you to avoid using Banks or paying tax authorities their share of your labors.

Using the same system that they are testing at airports they will expand to rail stations, bus stations, tollways & other public transportation sites not only to stop you from doing unauthorized trading, but to ensure you aren't transporting contraband such as supply food or any other support to anti-NWO communities.

Also, note that many alternative wilderness roads have been purposely neglected & or barricaded recently. While I'm certain some are due to budget constraints because they mismanaged the forests by over harvesting. Some just are barricaded to keep the people out of their own forests.
edit on 6-12-2010 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Rather reminiscent of McCarthyism when the country went into some kind of collective paranoid psychotic meltdown, and people were placed on extensive lists, and brought in by the droves for "hearings", after which their professional lives were destroyed and they couldn't find work.

Can't remember from the history books what finally brought it to a close. Maybe somebody put Risperdal in the water.

(Hi Sat. 'Sup with that frog?)

top topics

join