It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks strikes back. Cut us down and the stronger we become: (twitter)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Have any of you peeps seen the original star wars films. In one of the darth vader takes down obie 1: "You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine"
Well it looks like for the time being that is what is happening with Wikleaks.
Mirror site and support site are going up at an unpredented rate. When WL first went down they took the mirrors down too. This time there are a lot more mirrors and support sites.. hundreds and still growing.

Just to give you some idea..
www.twitlonger.com...

There is an existing thread on how to put up a mirror
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10058995#pid10058995

Is this people power in action. Will the WL sites sites grow from 100s to 1000s. Lets weight and see....

kx

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It's just like The Pirate Bay.

You can't shut them down without shutting down the internet.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Mirror mirror in the hall, we've seen the writing on the wall. Wikileaks Lives!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Well, I don't see them releasing anything important

But, what they are doing is very important overall (conceptually)...and more important is what officals and the world is doing to wikileaks...that is the true story here in my opinion.

I am not overly bothered with smacktalk between diplomats...and frankly, the best way this could have been handled by world officals would have been a shrug and a "its classified for a reason, we have strengthened security so it shouldn't happen again. Diplomacy behind closed door can be difficult and ugly, but thats just reality." and say nothing more about it...thats it, the end...no crusade to loudly go after wikileaks..and it would have faded away to backroom net chatter.

So, good job Wikileaks...again, still am not caring much about what your releasing...but your exposing something far more interesting in how the world works...even common people are cocking the eyebrow at their officals and how they are responding to this.

Like using a flamethrower on a ant..(and failing to kill the ant after that. lol)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Have any of you peeps seen the original star wars films. In one of the darth vader takes down obie 1: "You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine"
Well it looks like for the time being that is what is happening with Wikleaks.
Mirror site and support site are going up at an unpredented rate. When WL first went down they took the mirrors down too. This time there are a lot more mirrors and support sites.. hundreds and still growing.

Just to give you some idea..
www.twitlonger.com...

There is an existing thread on how to put up a mirror
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10058995#pid10058995

Is this people power in action. Will the WL sites sites grow from 100s to 1000s. Lets weight and see....

kx

kx

Thanks for posting this. It's simply brilliant to see this.

second

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
You can't shut them down without shutting down the internet.

Well, there's your sign.
Maybe it was all part of The Plan...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yes it is good to see, I was a bit deflated when I saw all the site and mirrors go down. This is good news..

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Possibly true but we dont know exactly what wikileaks has now do we? Evidently the gov and the banks are scared senseless over what they "might" have to make them act like they are.

I think this may be the reason or one of the reasons for dribbling the info out. Sort of a slow burn,make them squirm awhile wondering just what could he have? Remember the cia files they released awhile back? Manning didnt steal those files, wiki has a mole in the cia.

Personnally I just want the bank files,thats where the dirt will be, and thats what'll put people in the streets,show them how they were robbed and watch the house burn down.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
... and you can bet that Julian Assange also has a 3D (disabled, detained or dead) provision in place that will release the mother of all cluster f***'s onto the PTB should they arrest him. Who wouldn't in his position, right! I would be amazed if he didn't have all kinds of cards hidden up his sleeve. He doesn't exactly strike me as a stupid man.

The more the corrupt governments of the world try to destroy Assange and Wikileaks, the worse it will become.

IRM

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Pardon me, but is he not giving the Il Cornuti right there or what? lols.

on closer inspection, these are loafers.

(pinky and middle finger, ignore the paranoia. i thought i would leave my original post up so we can laugh. har har har
edit on 5-12-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I still maintain that anyone who utters the words, " If fleecing the CIA will assist us, then fleece we will," is highly suspect.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

It matters not whither Julian is CIA or not. They will not let a good scandal like this goto waste to shut down our freedoms. Rockerfeller has repeatedly said that the internet is the biggest threat to national security... and now they have their dog and pony to ride. The legislation has already begun.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The site linked has been going down a bit.. It seems to be ok again now...

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
wikileaks.ch has been consistent for the last couple of days..

I'd list my own mirrors but I don't think that's allowed..

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What better way to build hype.

If you believe or not, this is one hell of a way to generate buzz for wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
What better way to build hype.

If you believe or not, this is one hell of a way to generate buzz for wikileaks.

Yes it is, and it is grass roots activism. It is people making a difference and doing sometihng themselfs..
Mirroring the site gives people a sense of empowerment. A sense they can make a small difference to the world around us......

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot
wikileaks.ch has been consistent for the last couple of days..

I'd list my own mirrors but I don't think that's allowed..

I dont think you are acting out of ATS terms and conds. if you do..
Technicaly you are not advertising your own site, because the content is not yours..
Im sure a mod will correct me if I am wrong...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The censorship issue is getting a lot of people on board who were otherwise ignoring the whole mess.
Anonymous is now also calling for a response from their members.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilandrah
The censorship issue is getting a lot of people on board who were otherwise ignoring the whole mess.
Anonymous is now also calling for a response from their members.

This should make things more intresting.....

kx

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Article from ABC Australia News

...You see, this is the first time anything like WikiLeaks has been attempted. Yes, there have been leaks prior to this, but never before have hyperdistribution and cryptoanarchism come to the service of the whistleblower. This is a new thing, and as well thought-out as WikiLeaks might be, it isn’t perfect. How could it be? It’s untried, and untested. Or was. Now that contact with the enemy has been made - the state with all its powers - it has become clear where WikiLeaks has been found wanting.

[Later in the same article]
...In exactly the same way - note for note -the failures of WikiLeaks provide the blueprint for the systems which will follow it, and which will permanently leave the state and its actors neutered. Assange must know this - a teenage hacker would understand the lesson of Napster. Assange knows that someone had to get out in front and fail, before others could come along and succeed. We’re learning now, and to learn means to try and fail and try again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join