It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Deception: An interesting viewing of the last Astrobiology conference.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The only people who were left decieved where those with comprehension issues.

Going on the press announcement alone you should of known what was coming, OK you have the right to a bit of artistic license and speculate maybe they have found signatures of life or an unknown signal but that would leave you open to looking a bit silly when that doesn't eventuate. But just a little bit of brain power and with the help of google you could of ran the names of the participants of the conference and come up with a good idea of what was to come.

Now sure, I believe that intitially at least this was more of a terrestrial discovery and was over hyped a tad, but that is NASA's way. Fact remains they were not being misleading, what they said is 100% true, they have discovered something that will impact the search for extraterrestrial life. And the clue is in that, because in the conference you had the lady who heads up nasa's astrobiolgy team and she was asked how it would effect them, and her answer was 'to broaden the search parametres'.
At the end of the day it seemed like a great discovery and a plug for a bit more funding.

If anybody feels decieved by this you have only decieved yourself and are looking to pin the blame for your own error's of judgement.
edit on 5-12-2010 by pazcat because: add

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I don't feel deceived, just dissapointed. Disclosure would've been really, really nice, not that I would've bought their official explanation entirely anyway. And anyone could have used that same brainpower you're talking about to figure out that maybe, just maybe life on a different planet might have *gasp* an entirely different chemical makeup than life on Earth, because different planets have (guess what...) entirely different elemental compositions! No press conference needed.

At the very least, they're just trying to make sure they address the issue once in awhile to make sure the masses still think they are clueless and have no idea what's really going on.
edit on 6-12-2010 by smokinsinger because: parallellism

edit on 6-12-2010 by smokinsinger because: grammar

edit on 6-12-2010 by smokinsinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard

But I stumbled with this video, suggesting that the whole noise over the conference and the conference itself were nothing but a mind programming operation to, according to the OP, "test the levels of public anxiety on facing an alien disclosure"...

no, Look at the people on this board and on youtube, calling aliens the 'devil' and the nyc ufo's a prelude to the apocalypse and 2nd coming of christ...

I mean really it doesn't take a genius to realize that maybe disclosure isn't going to be a clean affair and we have absolutley no idea how it's going to fair with the general public especially if they freak out over a bunch of ballons in nyc. Most importantly you'll most likely get idiots like those referred to above shooting at landing spacecraft with firearms and possibly initiating an intergalactic war.
edit on 6-12-2010 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

It looks to me like NASA is trying to cover it's proverbial arsino for calling everyone tinfoil heads( like our guvment does) who might witness an UFO or extraterrestrial. When the question of DISCLOSURE becomes a moot point after this next year (when the WATCHERS are told to stand down and let them in). It will be interesting to see if SETI (Subsonic Extraterrestrial Tactical Intercept) continues it's front. Or if they like the Russian (who were broadcasting noise to protect itself from ET) will just turn the junk off. Please don't tell me you also believed that looking for ET is done by setting up big ear listening devices and noise makers as a welcome to any alien life. What if I were to set up a radio telescope in my yard (and I was your next door neighbor) to listen to you and your family. Would you feel welcomed, or would you call the LEOs to take me away in a jacket with realllly long arms. DON"T LET NASA take this over! Tell them to talk to the hand!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I personaly know that thay are making total idiots of you, and are making fun out of you with theese kind of discoveryes. It makes me mad to see you treated like this, and I hope thay will give us this oppertunity to spiritualy evolve with the knowledge of alien existance soon, peace to you all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join