It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would legalizing all drugs end all the murders and crimes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSAisaSCAM
Not to be a downer but, I'm pretty sure this thread is against the ATS TOS... As I created a thread similar with not this exact heading, but close. " Would sticky green leafy legali*ation end world hunger?" ... J/W

edit on 4-12-2010 by TSAisaSCAM because: double is

Why in the world would it be against the ToS to discuss a topic that is one of the cornerstones of many government's off-the-books money-making schemes? Drugs pretty much supply the money for the black budgets of the alphabet agencies.

Especially as regards weed? Even if the ToS issue was one of discussing illegal topics, well, I live in CA and I am a MMJ user. I grow my own weed and I freely say that on the internet. So what? My local sheriff has been to the house to verify that my grow is in compliance with the law, it is, therefore, I am discussing a legal topic, yes?

Edit- To answer the question posed by the OP- Of course legalizing drugs wouldn't end murders and crimes. I'm not sure what would even prompt someone to ask such a naive question. What legalizing drugs would do is to help eliminate some of the gang/cartel activity surrounding drugs.
edit on 5-12-2010 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The illegality of drugs gives power to criminals and people willing to be violent.

It makes drugs more dangerous by giving these people control of price, quality, purity, and information.

Drug use is not the problem.

Drug abuse and addiction is a problem and it can not be solved with prohibition and is not connected to any drug specifically. Anything can be abused.

The only way to fight the problem of self destructive behavior is eduction and voluntary treatment for underlying psychological issues.

Prohibition creates and amplifies all the problems associated with drugs.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Drug taking is one of the most selfish activities imaginable.

You are welcome to this opinion.

No one should force you to take drugs.

But we also can not morally force people NOT to take drugs.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakentheworld
The obvious answer is no of course not. There would still be serial killers,wars and people out to get revenge. But this could reduce the death toll in assosiation with the drug trade. There are always wars over drugs in the drug producing countries and in result are many deaths.

If drugs were legalized people in the recieving countries would start to make these drugs and would in turn reduce the amount of drug providers in the other countries making them because it would be less productive and cause them to find other drugs.

So this idea could stop a few deaths but might not be worth it if everyone becomes paranoid and they all have the munchies.

You are a disinfo agent.

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

It's still being treated as a crime here, according to radio reports. Arrests for personal, gram like amounts, and confiscation. My prognosis is that their police receiver is broken. I recommend that they get one that works.

edit on 2-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: syntax

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join