It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would legalizing all drugs end all the murders and crimes?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

No it will not make it any better, not that I can see any way. See the one reason it can not become legal, is because they make more money, with it illegal. And when i say they, I mean CIA. They do this deliberately to produce more money, take a look at the bottom of this page, to see how much has been spent on drugs alone this year. www.worldometers.info... See, now add all the legal fees of people getting caught, all the fines people need to pay, and on top of all that they need people out there to kill other's, other wise the world would have a far greater population to feed. And if you have not noticed, we are already slowly running out of food. Is this a part of there master plan? I don't know. But I do tend to stick to things that make a little sense.

Take care

Love and peace

Rick

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by ANOMALY502

That's what I keep saying! There are many pot addicts online who think all drugs don't do any wrong to people. I can't stand it!

See, people with you're outlook (no offense) miss the issue....that is an issue of freedom. I don't do drugs myself, but I think it is INSANE to tell someone else that they may not consume, possess grow or concoct whatever they wish. THIS is the issue, NOT any drug!

It all started with baby steps and they are still echoed by people today, that "it will turn much of society into crazy, stealing, murdering psycho maniacs" and "what about the children". It is all so sensible sounding, that is, until our prisons are full of non violent offenders, kids are drawn towards the black market because of dishonest education and you're most basic freedoms are stifled.
edit on 4-12-2010 by SmokeandShadow because: grammar

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

That's what I keep saying! There are many pot addicts online who think all drugs don't do any wrong to people. I can't stand it!

What a stupid thing to say.. wow.

Hey would legalizing murder make all the drug crimes stop? I know of violent people who think all violence is funny and.. wow..

I can't even stomach such stupidity.

grow up.

link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Okay so I have to stop believing a certain ideology because my country no longer believes in it? That has to be the most absolutely ridiculous argument I have ever heard before in my entire life. I try not to be too personal on ATS alright but you sir are an absolute buffoon.

link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Because cars and motor vehicles serve a practical purpose; drugs do not.

Who are you to say that? You say it with such certainty that it makes me sad for the human race. Yeah, us Americans desire liberty, but the numb and ignorant ruin it every step of the way.

The idea that anyone can tell me what I can ingest or possess is absurd. You're nuclear reactor analogy is lame as well...it is a matter of intent. You can go to the store and buy poisonous and dangerous substances because it is assumed you are not going to kill someone.
edit on 4-12-2010 by SmokeandShadow because: added

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yes, legalise all drugs, we should all be responsible for what we willingly put into our bodies, so long as we know what the potential consequences are.

I'm all for allowing heroin and hard addictive drugs to be given out free of charge to addicts in hospitals or medical centres too.

This will reduce crime and take money, usually stolen, away from the dealers.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
No way is this a good idea - I have seen too many people on hard drugs like 'P' and coke, and they can be extremely violent and agressive. Not a good idea to have people like that roaming the streets - unless its also legal to run them down when we see them.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
No way is this a good idea - I have seen too many people on hard drugs like 'P' and coke, and they can be extremely violent and agressive. Not a good idea to have people like that roaming the streets - unless its also legal to run them down when we see them.

Mate, that already happens in every town where alcohol is available.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by 3finjo

Mate, that already happens in every town where alcohol is available.

I have to agree with you there

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Okay so I have to stop believing a certain ideology because my country no longer believes in it? That has to be the most absolutely ridiculous argument I have ever heard before in my entire life. I try not to be too personal on ATS alright but you sir are an absolute buffoon.

If you actually read my posts critically, then you wouldn't come to such a bizarre conclusion.

It's not my fault that Americans have sold out to their corporate masters, I would think that the blame should be at someone else's door, rather than an ill-fated attempt to belittle my arguments.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Who are you to say that? You say it with such certainty that it makes me sad for the human race.

Drug taking is one of the most selfish activities imaginable.

Yeah, us Americans desire liberty, but the numb and ignorant ruin it every step of the way.

LOL.

A self-fulfilling prophecy.

The idea that anyone can tell me what I can ingest or possess is absurd.

Not as absurd as the idea that someone can selfishly ingest any substance without any regard for the welfare of others, and that society should make allowances for this druggie weakling who can't handle the ''real world''.

You're nuclear reactor analogy is lame as well...it is a matter of intent. You can go to the store and buy poisonous and dangerous substances because it is assumed you are not going to kill someone.

With respect, my nuclear reactor analogy was absolutely top draw, and you know it.

I'm afraid that Kantian ethics cannot work in this scenario... I have the freedom to make a nuclear warhead if I want... You are indulging in ''pre-crime'', if you are assuming that I would use this nuclear warhead for any nefarious purposes... It's just for my own entertainment...

edit on 4-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
. The United States has the highest prison incarceration rate in the world and I believe probably 20-30% of the prison population is in prison for drug crimes.

!

I think its 75% drug related. Prostitution,theft,gang violence is all drug related.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Who are you to say that? You say it with such certainty that it makes me sad for the human race.

Drug taking is one of the most selfish activities imaginable.

Yeah, us Americans desire liberty, but the numb and ignorant ruin it every step of the way.

LOL.

A self-fulfilling prophecy.

The idea that anyone can tell me what I can ingest or possess is absurd.

Not as absurd as the idea that someone can selfishly ingest any substance without any regard for the welfare of others, and that society should make allowances for this druggie weakling who can't handle the ''real world''.

You're nuclear reactor analogy is lame as well...it is a matter of intent. You can go to the store and buy poisonous and dangerous substances because it is assumed you are not going to kill someone.

With respect, my nuclear reactor analogy was absolutely top draw, and you know it.

I'm afraid that Kantian ethics cannot work in this scenario... I have the freedom to make a nuclear warhead if I want... You are indulging in ''pre-crime'', if you are assuming that I would use this nuclear warhead for any nefarious purposes... It's just for my own entertainment...

edit on 4-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

That is you're opinion of "drug taking". I think its about as selfish as having yourself a good meal and a back rub, but as all things too much is certainly a detriment. Morally policing people isn't the answer to drug abuse though, education is.

It is clear that you love social and moral leashes for the "weaklings" who don't see life you're way.

And who said anything about making "allowances" for anyone? I didn't and that isn't implied in the debate. You have no right of ownership over anyone, but write as if you or the state does.

You made the nuclear straw man argument...I made it my own and and kicked yours under the bus. You are working on the assumption that regulation and control is good in all circumstances, so if it is good for nuclear plants it must be good to lock up drug abusers...yeah...makes sense

It was no prophecy by the way, just an implication...

You can insult Americans, the fundamental basics of freedom and humanity itself, but its an uphill fight that, so far, has only been won with propaganda and violent control.
edit on 5-12-2010 by SmokeandShadow because: added

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
Well,it could lessen the problem, but a lot of people turn into paranoid maniacs on coc aine and heroine, and meth. They would also still have to steal money as the drugs still wouldn't be free.

Once drugs is out officially then it will be obvious who does drugs and who don't.

In that sense you can still sell drugs, use the tax money to support research regarding addiction.

Send the addicts to mental hospitals rather than prisons.

Instead of abandoning your own citizens and sending them to shadows, and demonizing them, drugs should be legalized, drug addicts should be brought back out from the shadows, and given proper medical treatment.

You wouldn't send a mentally ill person to prison, why would you send an addict? It is the biggest human right violation occuring in the world right now.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The obvious answer is no of course not. There would still be serial killers,wars and people out to get revenge. But this could reduce the death toll in assosiation with the drug trade. There are always wars over drugs in the drug producing countries and in result are many deaths.

If drugs were legalized people in the recieving countries would start to make these drugs and would in turn reduce the amount of drug providers in the other countries making them because it would be less productive and cause them to find other drugs.

So this idea could stop a few deaths but might not be worth it if everyone becomes paranoid and they all have the munchies.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
They have decriminalised the use of cannabis and heroin in The Netherlands also, which has had quite and effect on the number of drug users:
-Use of both drugs went down
-Heroin overdose rates, subsequently also went down
-The levels of HIV/AIDS amongst intravenous heroin users also decreased
-The levels of crime dropped also

One of the main reasons why the illegality of drugs has a detrimental effect is, it leaves a nation with a ton of ex-convicts who are unemployable.

During the 30's when alcohol prohibition was in full swing, many criminals/gangsters made a huge amount of profit selling alcohol to anyone who wanted it, the same is happening now, but with drugs. Making it legal, or at least decriminalising it so that it is treated as a health problem not a criminal one would put power back into the hands of governments and doctors(pharmacists, etc). It wouldn't halt all crime and murder, as there are a lot of other factors that contribute to that: domestic violence, hate crimes, religious intolerance. It would reduce the number by a significant amount

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Henry Ford made his cars so they could run on alcohal
That had to be stopped.
Thats rhe real reason for prohibition.
Hemp instead of cotton is why Pot is illegal
Opium, has been the ruin of nations..
Just look at how it was used by the British to subjugate China,
It was used against Russia, now it is being used against the west...
All by the same group of ass hats that have Pwned the US government,
and that is forcing all the surrounding governments to keep things this way.

The Bible, TV, Floride and Uranium, SSRI etc,and related compounds are are the new drugs of choice to be used on the peeps.
The next valiums.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Quite a lot of big business would lose a lot of money. Just take cannabis for example, it is arguably the most versatile plant we know. It would decimate the textiles and paper industry; food industry; global warming industry (hemp is something like 3 times as dense as normal trees, planting an acre of hemp would take in the same amount of CO2 as 3 acres of trees); the pharmaceutical industry; it can be used as biofuel. Imagine if everyone started to produce their own biofuel, the oil industry would suffer a lot.

All of these industries do not want this to happen, so it's my opinion that they are trying as much as they can to keep them illegal

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

pot addicts? are you serious right now? marijuana may be slightly addictive mentally, but generally most marijuana users aren't going to commit any crimes other than possession. not like a crack head or dope fiend who would rob you for their next bag then maybe rape you just for good measure. there is a big difference between saying drugs aren't that bad for you and pot isn't that bad for you. if you smoke marijuana you are in control of yourself. it isn't like alcohol where you flip out, kick your cat, punch your wife, then hop in the car and broadside a shortbus full of handicapped school children on your way to the liquor store for a refill. if you want to get all self righteous like you are better than marijuana users then maybe you should also talk about the drunks. it seems to be acceptable to be a disgusting sloppy drunk but i'm a loser if a smoke some weed. that is stupid, no other word can describe it. yo obviously don't know what you are talking about, so why even bring it up? i don't know much about trigonometry, and you will notice that i never made a thread about it before. do you get what i am trying to say? you are a strange and confused kid, but one day you will learn. i have high hopes for you. anyway, quit talking about things that you don't understand, such as the drug culture. peace

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Legalizing drugs would significantly bring down the crime rates, but it would never stop it completely. Most of the crimes that people are put in jail for are crimes like trafficking drugs or other crimes related to drug activity being illegal. As far as the murder rates go, I doubt legalization would have too much of an impact on murder. Most murders are crimes of passion. All in all legalization would have a positive effect on crime. There are way too many non violent offenders in prisons and jails for drug offenses. Look at places like Holland and other places where drugs aren't as illegal as America crime rates are a fraction of what they are here. Look at the numbers, the United States has 715 per 100,000 people in prisons. Places like the Netherlands is something like 115 per 100k. Something seems wrong there wouldn't you think? We are number one per capita with Russia behind us with something like 580 per 100k. I think its time for our government to try something new! What are they trying to do lock us all up?!?!?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join