It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those with flouridation filters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm considering buying a water filter that comes with the flouride filter. Here's what I'm talking about: cart.berkeyfilters.com...

you buy the $206 water filter system and you can choose a free item to go along with it, and I would get the flouride filter.

My question is, those that currently use or have used a flouride filter did you feel any different? I take weight lifting seriously and I drink anywhere from a gallon to 2 gallons of water a day...and that's A LOT of flouride consumption, more than the average person. I have looked into the whole conspiracy on the matter and I saw that it surpresses anger and emotions. If this is a fact then it completely makes sense. Ever since I started weight lifting I've almost been stoic, people have commented on it in the past on how I don't show a lot of emotion. I remember a few years ago when I was a teenager I used to do all kinds of crazy stuff, now I've always been somewhat of a shy person but it seems like I just can't find the old spark I used to have. Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

There is no evidence that fluoride in water affects your mind.
Is your water fluoridated? You can buy RO water from those machines or get your own RO system which I think takes out 99% of the impurities.
Do you eat a lot of tuna fish? Its full of mercury.
edit on 4-12-2010 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I too have been wondering about this. Also about how long it would take to feel the difference, if at all.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Don't worry, the Roids will more than make up for the loss of anger and agression. You'll be back to normal in no time.
Only kidding of course.
edit on 4-12-2010 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Yep try one of those 'water from the air' machines instead. I think ecola blue manufacture them in the USA. I'm a plumber and I've seen what fluridated water does to copper pipe and its not a pretty sight. On the positive side I've got plenty of work because the more chemicals they put in the water the more those copper pipes desolve and the more money I make.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I take weight lifting seriously and I drink anywhere from a gallon to 2 gallons of water a day

That's a lot of water

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Is your water fluoridated? You can buy RO water from those machines or get your own RO system which I think takes out 99% of the impurities.
Do you eat a lot of tuna fish? Its full of mercury.
edit on 4-12-2010 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

I'm not even going to post one link. Let your finger do the walking. But that is the most uninformed thing I have heard for some time. Flouride is one the deadliest poisons and you don't need it in the water. It has a host of health related issues, and was introduced by the Nazi's into civilian usage, to control them.

Mercury is another issue.

The list goes on, do what you can to be healthy!

We have pure water here and healthier teeth than the east coast.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I eat 1 can of tuna a day, that's all the fish I get. And yes my water has fluoride. I believe most of the water sources have fluoride in them in the USA.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have been using Berkey for about 4 years. I believe it is at least partially responsible for my health turnaround. I bought one for my daughter and another for my office.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
By the way, I try to avoid plastic. All three Berkeys I bought were Crown Berkeys. They were definitely worth it!

SM2

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I recently purchased a large RO/DI system with a drinking water adition from www.bulkreefsupply.com. I purchased this particular system because my wife and I have a fairly large saltwater reef aquarium and we needed the Di portion of the filter system for the aquarium water. The system itself is setup with a "t" between the RO and DI stages, the RO can be directed thru the DI stage or into a drinking water storage tank. We had decided that city provided atp water with all the chemicals and runoff from agriculture and all the additional medications and such put into the water supply was a little much, so we went with this system. These guys have really good prices, an a high quality unit. They also have excellent customer service and some of the cheapest replacement cartridges I have seen. Mine is a 6 stage 75 gallon per day unit with the drinking system everything you needed for around 220. they do have cheaper. By the way, whatever you do, do not drink DI (de ionized) water. It is pure H2O and actually bad for you. It becomes "hungry" and will scavenge minerals from your system and cause serious issues.

edit to add :

RO water depending ont he actual membrane will remove 95% give or take of the impurities, some, n ot all membranes will remove pharmacueticals and agriculture runoff. ALL of the ones designed for reef aquarium usage will remove a higher percentage of heavy metals, impurities and pharmacueticals. You can go further and use the DI stage as well, to remove 99.99% of everything, you just have to add minerals back to it, or it is slightly caustic. I also will suggest using a 5 stage at least, the extra sediment filter will give more life to the more expensive membrane and the extra carbon block finishing filter will give the water a more pleasant taste, as they are usually made from coconut husks, they impart a very faint sweet taste thats barely noticable, but very pleasant
edit on 4-12-2010 by SM2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

YES THERE IS.

The Fluoride used in public water systems is Technical Grade Fluoride, not Medical Grade.

They use MEDICAL Grade Fluoride in toothpaste and it MUST have a label informing users not to swallow it and if they do, to call a Poison Center.

Technical Grade Fluoride is a industrial waste product. If you buy some and pour it into a lake you would have committed a Felony and the EPA would arrest you.

I dare you to buy some Technical Grade Fluoride and pour it into a Lake and post it on Youtube. Do it.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Can someone else answer the question in this thread? I'm curious to know the answer myself..

But of course the placebo factor would come in to play as well.
edit on 12/4/2010 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
well since i have had my filtration unit, i have been feeling better, but I can not attribute that soley to the unit, I have substantially increased my water intake since having it, so that may be just as responsible. I have noticed less allergy issues, my wife and I both have some slight allergies, and we have not had any significant occurances like we usually do, also, no instances of the common cold or anything. I do not know if that is related to the water filter, but it does seem an odd coincidence.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well we started drinking RO water almost a week ago and I do feel much more with it. Less foggy, less tired. Whether it's the water or the placebo affect who knows! It's all good though whatever works.
edit on 15-12-2010 by PeasantRebellion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well... personally i think the ones who need to answer in this thread are those who are more into the psychic universe. Remember, the saying is that Fluoride over time blocks off your 3rd eye due to all the calcium rotating in the pineal gland. The pineal gland rotates water, mixed with blood, mixed with fluoride. It apparently calcifies over time. Its like scraping your arm against a wall, your skin is left on the surface of the wall. I drink regular water, however i do try to avoid it. I mostly drink juice, however i think they might mix it with fluoridated water anyway. Its funny how companies try to convince customers that fluoride is naturally occurring. Any potential psychics out there have a testimonial?
edit on 15-12-2010 by drkid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

join