It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Is What A Small Nuclear Weapon Can Do

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

reply to post by wrathofall

You do realize this was done in an attempt to STOP further "war and death" in this particular conflict,right? This was not a decision that was taken lightly....

Sadly that is what we are MEANT to believe, however, according to this quote from an Article by Eustace Mullins - "Why Hiroshima Was Destroyed",

The Japanese were already privately suing for PEACE in May 1945,

But . . .

Because the atomic bomb would not be ready for several more months,

The US kept them in the war until the bomb WAS ready,

Because . . .

"If Japan bows out, we will not have a live population on which to test the bomb."

- Secretary of State Edward Stettinius Jr.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Maiden PEI

Wow- you're using as a source a guy who believes that Jews "drink the blood of innocent gentile children" in religious ceremonies, and that this practice represents the essence of Judaism. (Wiki)-

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I disagree. I think it was done as a show of force, to test the effects and to emerge as the one true superpower.

But that's a topic for a whole other thread....

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater
That small nuclear weapon saved countless lives.

It stopped the war in a matter of days.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I see this and think of all the innocent people who died....sad.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Very sad, and unessasary.

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I see this and think of all the innocent people who died....sad.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The military wanted to just demonstrate the weapon to show Japan its ability.

At sea with the Japanese military watching.

It was the politicians that decided to actually use it on civilians.

But at the time with all things considered the use prevented 100,000's of thousands more deaths.

How many millions of Americans and Japanese are alive today because there was no war on the Japanese mainlands?

The Japanese were the aggressors in Asia for 10 plus years prior to Pearl Harbor.

They were ruthless in Korea,China the whole Southeast Asia area.

Do not be fooled that they were a docile peace loving nation.

They were quite the opposite.

They deserved what they got,plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So far the atomic bomb has saved many millions more lives than it has consumed in two nukes, at the time nuclear war made most sense, because no one else had it.
Anyone who made it to adulthood during the cold war could have been called to serve in a war that would have made W2 seem tame. 65 years since the last nuke, maybe another 100 years until the next. Islamic’s having nukes does not bypass what they would have to explain to God, it’s pure Israeli propaganda to get so excited over it.

I do not believe religion is the cause of world war two, I think it has a useful role in society, and has therefore usually found itself a useful role, in most wars. But religion is no more a bad-good thing, than the left or right arm is a good, bad thing. E.g. Israel and Palestine are not really at war because of religion, but because of land theft. The land theft happened because of race, and the race happened because people are diverse. Diversity is the real cause of all war, and diversity is the source of progress.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The civilians were not responsible for their governments opression of other countries. Furthermore, this show of force could have been demonstrated in other ways besides hitting the heaviest innocent civilian area possible...

Originally posted by Oneolddude
The military wanted to just demonstrate the weapon to show Japan its ability.

At sea with the Japanese military watching.

It was the politicians that decided to actually use it on civilians.

But at the time with all things considered the use prevented 100,000's of thousands more deaths.

How many millions of Americans and Japanese are alive today because there was no war on the Japanese mainlands?

The Japanese were the aggressors in Asia for 10 plus years prior to Pearl Harbor.

They were ruthless in Korea,China the whole Southeast Asia area.

Do not be fooled that they were a docile peace loving nation.

They were quite the opposite.

They deserved what they got,plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

There is a reason for swaying toward the conventional type of warfare.

Aside from the fact that war is a crime against humanity.............

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

Japan was prepared to surrender,just not every man woman,and child.
Something such as this will happen again someday.

I hope I am dead before then.

edit on 4-12-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
well if we go to war with nk and china the world is #ed

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have not seen that picture of the city, but that was massive devastation. It was a shame so many had to perish in that war. However, it was a necessary evil as far as I am concerned. Millions would have died if the Japanese home islands were invades as had been planned. Contrary to what some think, the Japanese were training for the invasion, every man, woman, and child were being groomed by the military to fight to the death.

Think about the Battle of Okinawa and how savage that was for the Marines, and then quantify it to epic proportions.

That would have been what the invasion would have been like. Here is a thread I made a while back looking at Operation Downfall and the invasion of the Japanese home islands.

One of the last remaining questions of WWII?

From what I found out, that battle would have been a slaughterhouse for all who were involved. The Japanese culture would have been decimated. Truman sent an ultimatum before the bomb was dropped and it was worded in a way were the Japanese people would have been able to retain their emperor after surrender, but it was ignored. The Pacific was a long and bloody campaign and it seems the Japanese military leadership were intent on fighting even after the warnings and after the bombs were dropped.

The invasion of the Japanese home islands would have been a blood bath. Still, that photo presented in the OP is sobering, and it shows us the immutable fact of how devastating nuclear weapons are when used.

edit on 4-12-2010 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i cant help but ask
what reasons were there for flying over horishima to bomb other targets?
why was it never bombed?
was it saved to see what the effects of an atomic bomb were?
do you realize a navel blockade would have stopped the war in weeks?
japan imported most if not all of its fuel
and ALOT of food

why did they save it from destruction initially?
not a milatary target

so to those who think it saved lives you are in error of history
and the murderous effects were for the cyke of the world
NOT TO END A WAR

TO CONTROL THE WORLD WITH FEAR
americans included
how else could the run away defence spending
be continued?

sad waste of CIVILIAN lives

think please it was and still is one of the largest war crimes ever commited

and you applaud it? wtf

xp

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

That small nuclear weapon saved countless lives.
It stopped the war in a matter of days.

Sadly that is what many believe, however, according to this quote from an Article by Eustace Mullins - "Why Hiroshima Was Destroyed",

BUT . . .

The US kept them in the war until the bomb WAS ready.

BECAUSE . . .

"If Japan bows out, we will not have a live population on which to test the bomb."

Read the whole article for all the horrendous details.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

i cant help but ask
what reasons were there for flying over horishima to bomb other targets?
why was it never bombed?
was it saved to see what the effects of an atomic bomb were?
do you realize a navel blockade would have stopped the war in weeks?
japan imported most if not all of its fuel
and ALOT of food

You are right to question why it was never bombed.

Here is an exerpt from the 1998 article,
"Why Hiroshima Was Destroyed", by Eustace C. Mullins:

THE HORROR OF HIROSHIMA

While the residents of Hiroshima continued to watch the B-29s fly overhead, without dropping bombs on them, they had no inkling of the terrible fate which the scientists had reserved for them.

William Manchester quotes General Douglas MacArtbur on p.437 of "American Caesar", Little Brown, 1978.

Quote: "There was another Japan, and MacArthur was one of the few Americans who suspected its existence. He kept urging the Pentagon and the State Department to be alert for conciliatory gestures.

The General predicted that the break would come from Tokyo, not the Japanese army. The General was right.

A dovish coalition was forming in the Japanese capital, and it was headed by Hirohito himself, who had concluded, in the spring of 1945, that a negotiated peace was the only way to end his nation's agony.

Beginning in early May, a six-man council of Japanese diplomats explored ways to accommodate the Allies.
The delegates informed top military officials that "our resistance is finished"." End Quote

On p.359, Gar Alperowitz quotes Brig. Gen. Carter W. Clarke, in charge of preparing the MAGIC summary in 1945, who stated in a 1959 historical interview,

Quote: "We brought them down to an abject surrender through the accelerated sinking of their merchant marine and hunger alone, and when we didn't need to do it, and knew we didn't need to do it, we used them as an experiment for two atomic bombs." End Quote

1998 Article by Eustace Mullins - "Why Hiroshima Was Destroyed"

This is another clip, from the same article, from a previous post of mine:

BUT . . .

The US kept them in the war until the bomb WAS ready,

BECAUSE . . .

I feel sick just writing these words.
edit on 4-12-2010 by Maiden PEI because: Formatting

edit on 4-12-2010 by Maiden PEI because: To add two missing dates

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

While this topic is about necular bombs I thought I'd add this for those who are interested.

A former air line pilot from New Zealand by the name of Bruce Cathie discovered that necular bombs cannot be detonated at any ole time, that they can only be detonated when conditions are suitable.

To make a long story short, he started on the journey to this knolwedge as a result of noticing an airal in an airport which he could not recognise and no one in the airport could tell him what it was for.

He began to notice others and plotted them on a map. Soon a pattern began to emerge. After a UFO sighting occured he plotted it's position and flight path on his grid.

Jump forward some years.... One bit of research lead to another and eventually he calculated to within a few minutes accuracy, the detonation time of a French necular test in the Pacific. His calcuation of detonation time of a later test was much more accurate.

We have all been told reasons why the US dropped two necular bombs on Japan but perhaps we should consider the possibility that they dropped the second one just to prove that this fact that Buce Cathie discovered many years later, is in fact true.

Given that his theory is true; it means that we have all been lied to in terms of a necular war being fought like a six gun shootout.

Cathie wrote a number of books and for those interested, start with any book with the title Harmonic 695 (I think it was from memory.) There were several of the Harmonic 69x series of books. They contain some very interesting information.

Sorry I havent got time to post links or be more precise in what I've said but I am going from memory of the book Harmonic 695 (?) which I read back in the 1970's

Hope this helps - cheers

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Went will they ever learn, these are the words of a song.

Think they where written in response to the war in Vietnam, no matter if I am wrong they where written as a protest to war and that is what matters.

When will they learn that their total upbringing has prepared them to fight, fight who? Fight the emery’s of their elite.

It is time for the young men of this world to put down the weapons and let the elite fight if they wish.

Just walk away. Then you will have change.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
i.imgur.com...

The link shows a panoramic view of Hiroshima after the hydrogen bomb was dropped during the second world war. This bomb had only a fraction of the energy present day nuclear warheads have. The destruction is utter devastation. Anyone who thinks war is a good idea should study the picture and re-evaluate his/her thinking.

Do not forget that USA continues to contaminate mother earth with Depleted Uranium bombs and Tactical Nukes on Iraq. Throughout history, It is the only country that preaches peace and yet commits the biggest murders and destruction.

I wish Karma come soon.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

It's enough to flatten DC.

Again GOD help you all.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maiden PEI

What's with the spamming? can't you come up with a constructive response other than copying and pasting your own post in the same thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join