It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two absolutly beautiful, moving songs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Often i am in a taxi, a shop or something, and i hear what people call `music`... its usually some roaring numpty singing rock music, or some foul mouthed rapper who could do with his mouth washed out with soap...
music these days is utter garbage, and the one or two times you hear a song which sounds great, its 9 times out of 10 a remix, or a loop from a 70s/80s classic.

Heck, even trance and funk rap, which are two generes i cant STAND nowadays, were actually bearable a decade or so back.

Anyway, ive found two songs which simply moved me to tears. This is what music was created for!!!
Music is something that should be sung from the heart, its expressing everything about you... and this my friends doesnt get anymore from the heart than this.

The first is Minnie Riperton loving you, 1975...
whatever you do, even if you despise any music that doesnt have banging drums or at least 5 cursewords, please listen to this.. if it doesnt strike two with your subsconsious inner self, theres something very wrong.

The second is a violin being played, every friend ive shown it too has had tears in their eyes listening to it.
I do enjoy fast songs, im not some bore who only likes slow songs, but this my friend is the reason God gave us instruments....

ps on a side note, minnie died 4 years after she sung it. she had cancer. r.i.p minnie you were a wonderful angelic soul who on in such a short time on earth accomplished so much
edit on 3-12-2010 by rabbigoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The important question to be asked here, is who is the composer of the sad violin song?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
The important question to be asked here, is who is the composer of the sad violin song?

im not sure, but at the 25 second mark in that song, your heart literally goes all twangy

Title : Sad Romance
Artist : Nguyen Xanh Thao
edit on 3-12-2010 by rabbigoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
that second song, it is magical. pure human emotions are expressed in that song.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
A couple of songs that do it for me....

and

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
please dont nobody reply with the beatles or anything like that.. ugh

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Favorite song EVER:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I love strings, so here's a couple of my all time favourite pieces for strings:

Ralph Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis:

Ralph Vaughan Williams - The Lark Ascending:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty

It is called 'Sad Romance' by Final Fantasy X, it is beautiful and does bring tears to your eyes, the youtube user who put it up is from Poland.

new topics

top topics

join