It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks cables reveal how US manipulated climate accord

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

WikiLeaks cables reveal how US manipulated climate accord

www.guardian.co.uk

Hidden behind the save-the-world rhetoric of the global climate change negotiations lies the mucky realpolitik: money and threats buy political support; spying and cyberwarfare are used to seek out leverage.
The US diplomatic cables reveal how the US seeks dirt on nations opposed to its approach to tackling global warming; how financial and other aid is used by countries to gain political backing; how distrust, broken promises and creative accounting dog negotiations.... continues in the lin

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
Source1
Source2
edit on 4-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Global warming IS a hoax. NOT MADE BY HUMANS.

Embassy dispatches show America used spying, threats and promises of aid to get support for Copenhagen accord.

My favorite line from this :

(from Phil Jones on 16 Nov 1999 13:31:15 +0000):I've just completed Mike?s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from1961 for Keith's to hide the decline.Of course this is the reason we're calling it climate change and not global warming, since warming is very easily disproved when the temperatures decline.

Computer hackers find 120Mb of emails, documents, computer code and models from the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, written between 1996 and 2009. The documents show that global warming is not real and how scientists are trying to distort and fake the data to keep the global warming fraud going

Global warming is a hoax. All about money, AGAIN.

www.guardian.co.uk

edit on 3-12-2010 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
In the 1970's, documentary after documentary was made about how the Earth was facing upcoming "Global Cooling" and that ALL of the data from the 1950's and 1960's showed an ever DECREASING temperature.

I remember them well, but you can't find ANY of those documentaries anywhere now.

Now, all the data from the 1950's and 1960's shows a mysterious INCREASE in global temperatures.

"There are lies, damn lies, and statistics".

With statistical data, you can prove ANYTHING. You just have to find the right sample.

I'm not a climate change denier, but I am very doubtful that mankind has anything to do with it. While pollution and deforestation will have an impact on planetary climate, it is miniscule, and the Earth's regular cycle over thousands and hundreds of thousands of years show global warming / cooling cycles ongoing.

The last warming cycle was about 10,000 years ago. It ended the last Ice Age, another common occurrence on Planet Earth.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The New York Times' WikiLeaks Hypocrisy:

When leaked e-mails exposed the global warming hype to be a concocted fraud, the "newspaper of record" was in high dudgeon. When stolen classified information appears on its front page, that's another story.

When Climate-gate broke, and e-mails revealed that scientists worldwide were deleting and doctoring data to "hide the decline" in global temperatures and engaging in an organized campaign to discredit climate-change skeptics and deny them publication in scientific journals, the Times pompously declined to print any of them or even give them credence.

This is not the first time the Times has helped sell out America. In a June 23, 2006, story by Eric Lichtblau and James Risen headlined "Bank Data Sifted In Secret By U.S. To Block Terror," the Times helped expose an effective tool used to "follow the money" and unravel and disable the terrorist financing network.

Source

What a shame.

No, there is no conspiracy at all

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I'm not a climate change denier, but I am very doubtful that mankind has anything to do with it. While pollution and deforestation will have an impact on planetary climate, it is miniscule, and the Earth's regular cycle over thousands and hundreds of thousands of years show global warming / cooling cycles ongoing.

Perfect. Exactly my point too. Sfy

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ok, if Wikileaks is saying it's a hoax then I can't believe anything else they say...Global Warming is a natural process and has been happening to other planets too. I can see them taking advantage of the situation to raise money and what not but it's not a hoax lol

www.livescience.com...

news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Why are they chasing Julian Assange?

Can not be because he is dismantling this cartel/mafia that many world's governments are.

Of course we're conspirators nuts.

How much time still left of free internet?

Enjoy it while you can, because i think next generation will not.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

Are you read the sources above?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is heavy
second line

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

I think Julian Assange/Wikileaks should have a TV channel.

So i could turn on a TV again.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Didn't need the cables to already know the obvious...

We have known global warming IS a hoax for years now..

You kids just catching on?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Can you point out where it says it is a HOAX.
Just point it out.

Thanks.

I get the fact that politicians are corrupt, scamming, money hungry, screw the people, corporate lap dogs that will try and control accords like Copenhagen that are aimed at trying to reduce the USA's coal, gas and oil based carbon emissions.
Also, Copenhagen failed.
FAILED.
Same as Kyoto, which the US has not agreed to, the US being the only country in the world.
Again, this makes you source illogical because apparently the US has instigated GW as a HOAX, yet would not agree to Kyoto.
FAIL.

But, anyway, just point out where your source admits that the ALL the scientists involved in presenting huge amounts of evidence of AGW, are involved in a HOAX.
Can you please show me how they created this HOAX.
www.youtube.com...

Just point it out bro.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

All i gotta say, is DUH. Common people...i've been saying this since the al gore movie. Ugh. Some people are so gullible.

And it's funny how global warmists act like they are smarter than everyone else because they can point to some fake CO2 chart and regurgitate what they heard some government employed scientist say on the internet.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Can't see how you come to that conclusion, the US is pushing the climate agenda and urges other countries to do the same. On the other hand the cable shows that the US is using means to get things done in a way they can profit most on the process when the globe must go green to survive.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Related News Links:

President Obama’s Science Czar John Holdren is worried about global warming. Having noticed that there hasn’t actually been any global warming since 1998, he feels it ought to be called “global climate disruption” instead. That way whether it gets warmer or colder, wetter or drier, less climatically eventful or more climatically eventful, the result will be the same: it can all be put down to “global climate disruption.”

Computer hackers find 120Mb of emails, documents, computer code and models from the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, written between 1996 and 2009. The documents show that global warming is not real and how scientists are trying to distort and FAKE the data to keep the global warming fraud going

This is pretty hoax to me.

Pointed

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I wonder if they would have anything about chemtrails in those leaks? I'd also like to know about the bees if it's related to cell phone towers.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
here's the thing i always find funny about this whole climate change thing(regardless of whether you think it's man made, sun-related, inter-galactic energies or whatever). it's called climate change. the logical step(going backwards) would have then been, that before 'insert your preferred reason here', there was some kind of climate that DIDN'T change. as if the changing of the seasons isn't a form of climate change. or even the difference between night and day. ask yourself is the temperature where you live right now same at night as it is in the day? no? boom! climate change. but then we raise the issue of having one side of the planet cooling(at night), while the other side warms(day).

maybe we should consider how to stop the earth from spinning. then the climate would change one last time, never change again and we could call it...mission accomplished.

it's completely and totally misnomered and DONNY YOU HAVE NO FRAME OF REFERENCE! i should say, now that i think about it, all climates are constantly changing and therefore this issue should be named CLIMATE CHANGING(like i said, show me where it doesn't, and that it isn't a natural part of earthly existence).

but ultimately, this rant is lighthearted and i hope no one has taken offense.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Point out the hoax material. Not emails dude.
Show the fraudulent work. Show that it was used to perpetuate a hoax.
Just show fraud. Show that they published peer reviewed material that is fraudulent.

You can't. All you have is emails taken out of context. Personal conversation. That is it.
And you know.

It is that simple.
Using emails out of context to create a smear campaign.
You are the hoaxer.

The emails you used were investigated by a number of groups.
What did they find.
Zilch. Nothing. Nada. Zero.

Yet, it still gets used by deniers as evidence.

Again.
Point out in your source article were they say CLIMATE CHANGE IS A HOAX.

POINT IT OUT.

Because it actually acknowledges Climate Change, but what the US are trying to manipulate is HOW the world wants to DEAL with the FACT that we have REAL CLIMATE CHANGE.

The US diplomatic cables reveal how the US seeks dirt on nations opposed to its approach to tackling global warming;

Geez, the US has an approach to GLOBAL WARMING.

Do you know what that approach is focused on:

Negotiating a climate treaty is a high-stakes game, not just because of the danger warming poses to civilisation but also because re-engineering the global economy to a low-carbon model will see the flow of billions of dollars redirected.

The US is the highest user at the top of the High End Carbon based Model. Cahnges will effect the USA more than most other countries, even on a per capita basis, the US outpaces every other country in relation to emissions.
You do the math.
It is that simple, the restructuring of our societies and economies away from oil, gas and coal will effect the USA more than any other country. Add to this that many countries feel the USA has a greater responsibility to drastically alter its emissions because has historically been the highest emitter in the world.

The US is trying to manipulate the best possible economic outcome for itself in the face of the reality that we have to change the foundations of our economic structures, that being our societies running on fossil fuels that have caused global warming.
Who would have thought.
Duh!
Deniers are getting desperate.
I cannot believe you think the article you link is actually proof that AGW is a hoax. It is actually proof that it exists as the US is trying to manipulate the global response to AGW.

Epic Fail.
Epic.

edit on 4/12/10 by atlasastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
Global warming IS a hoax. NOT MADE BY HUMANS.

Embassy dispatches show America used spying, threats and promises of aid to get support for Copenhagen accord.

My favorite line from this :

(from Phil Jones on 16 Nov 1999 13:31:15 +0000):I've just completed Mike?s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from1961 for Keith's to hide the decline.Of course this is the reason we're calling it climate change and not global warming, since warming is very easily disproved when the temperatures decline.

Computer hackers find 120Mb of emails, documents, computer code and models from the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, written between 1996 and 2009. The documents show that global warming is not real and how scientists are trying to distort and fake the data to keep the global warming fraud going

Global warming is a hoax. All about money, AGAIN.

www.guardian.co.uk

Did i miss something... What you posted about manipulating data was NOT part of the article you linked to...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

He is using the "Climate gate Emails".

The OP is a Hoaxer.

<<   2  3 >>

join